eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old July 17th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Junior eCharchan

rajiv111 will become famous soon enough
Shivsena is responsible for 7/11 ?

I can see people asking Suketu Mehta on Washington Post whether Shiv Sena carried out these attacks ?!! If these are Indians saying such things they deserve to be whacked !! Haan tichya Maayla

Anyway even Outlook and Asian age seem to think likewise ; check their articles below. I can almost see M.J.Akbar grinning and saying - " Don't dare hurt us Muslims in slightest possible way or we will hurt you where it hurts the most ...."

Quote:

Mumbai, 13 July (AKI/Asian Age) -

One of the mostly widely believed reasons for Tuesday's serial bomb blasts in the Indian financial capital of Mumbai, is the confrontation between two extremist political forces in Mumbai. India's Hindu nationalist Shiv Sena party on the one side and Muslim reactionary forces on the other. This is being widely seen as most explicable reason for the escalating violence that erupted into the calamity of Tuesday's serial blasts on Mumbai's railway system.

The Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray had on Sunday evening, after Shiv Sainiks (activists of the Shiv Sena party) went on a rampage for six hours, said in a fit of bravado that "those who think that they can provoke us have now got their answer."

The Shiv Sena's rampage in Mumbai on Sunday following the defacement of the statue of Meenatai, late wife of right wing Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray, has been seen as a show of strength after the confrontation between the police and the people in Bhiwandi, and industrial township northeast of Mumbai, which led to the brutal killing of two policemen in civilian clothes.

The Shiv Sena has a growing presence in Bhiwandi and has been in confrontation with the Samajwadi Party city unit chief Abu Azmi, who had lost in the last Assembly elections from Bhiwandi.

The reply to Uddhav's statement, which was quite a challenge, came in the form of the 30 minutes that saw eight bombs rip through the Western Railway network of the city killing at least 185 people, injuring over 500 and left several scores missing. These unnamed forces Uddhav Thackeray mentioned struck back to show that their power was more lethal than looting and going on a rampage.

This point-counterpoint, or action-reaction, according to some intelligence sources, has been going on ever since the demolition of the Babri Masjid or mosque in the norther Indian city of Ayodhya in December 1992 by Hindu nationalist movements. As an answer to this, the head of Mumbai's criminal underworld Dawood Ibrahim is said to have masterminded the March 12, 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai, which had left 275 people dead. RDX explosives, which were allegedly used on Tuesday's blasts, were used for the first time to deadly effect in this action in 1993.

This retaliatory syndrome continued, and after the communal riots in Gujarat between Hindus and Muslims in February 2002, the terrorists struck in the predominantly Gujarati locality of suburban Ghatkopar, where a bomb exploded in a bus on December 2, 2002. This was followed by another blast on December 6 at Bombay Central station. Some believe that these many be the same reasons behind the Tuesday's attacks on Mumbai's railway system.

According to intelligence sources, terrorist outfits like the Lashkar-e-Toiba, the Students' Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and the Kafila-e-Shakt have now perfected their methods of creating fear and causing chaos. They do not need days or months of preparation, as some people think.

This is not to simplify the issue. But parallel lines have been drawn. Simi is supported by Pakistan-based terrorist organisations, and in recent months the police has recovered 40 kilograms of RDX explosives from SIMI-centric places such as Aurangabad, Malegaon and Nashik.

In the nothern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, the Samajwadi Party is said to be losing its support, particularly from the Muslims in the population. It is believe that the party may be trying to exploit every situation, as Abu Azmi did in Bhiwandi.

There are other groups like the Raza Academy, a Muslim religious organisation, which some say also exploit such situations. Established in 1978, it has published over 300 books on Islamic teachings. But since the 1992 and 1993 riots, the academy began to take a more hardline, proactive role, giving voice for Muslim grievances.

Most of the SIMI and Lashkar-e-Toiba people have allegedly received training for three to six months at camps in Jalalabad, Muzaffarabad and some places in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, according to intelligence sources. The terrorists are said to be deployed in various parts of the country, and since they are well trained and have a high degree of motivation they do not need a lot of time to plan and carry out attacks when required to do so.

According to intelligence sources, some of these "sleeper" agents are paid up to 15,000 rupees (over 300 dollars) a month as retainer. The terrorist oufits rarely use the same person for more than one mission, and are said to be highly motivated and committed to their cause.

Quote:

Vinod Mehta in Outlook

Mumbai is too good to burn. City of Gold, Maximum City, City of Dreams are adequate but partial descriptions. It is all this and much, much more. While we admire Mumbai's exuberance, its vitality, its generosity, its resilience, we cannot ignore its contradictions and paradoxes—and, yes, its meanness. It is a city at once blessed and cursed, lucky and unlucky, unique and commonplace. It is blessed because the goddess Laxmi favours it extravagantly and because it, and it alone, is India's true melting pot—of peoples, of tongues, of religions, of castes, of cultures.

Consider the city's Muslims.

You will find every variety in the Ummah. From the bacon-eating (remember M.A. Jinnah?) to the five-times-a-day namaazi. Shia, Sunni, Bora, Khoja, Aga Khani, Ahmadiya. They live, laugh and flourish in Mumbai. Majrooh Sultanpuri's Nobel Prize-worthy song, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan, is a good summing up of its spirit.

Consider, too, its mostly sweat-and-blood wealth. Bangalore is an arriviste, a new entrant; when you think of India as a 21st-century economic superpower, your mind turns immediately to Mumbai. This is the real business, financial and services capital of India. This is where the Tatas, Birlas, Ambanis and Singhanias conceive and execute projects which bedazzle Forbes and Time. You merely have to note Mumbai's contribution to the country's personal and corporate tax collection to get some idea of its primacy.

So much for the blessings. The city is also cursed, thanks to people like Mr Bal Thackeray, forever prowling around exploiting and fanning its self-manufactured grievances and grouses. Since the early '80s, Mr Thackeray has managed to win a small, nasty constituency. Historians will one day assess what permanent damage Balasaheb inflicted on Mumbai's free, cosmopolitan character.

The bearded fanatics who run Lashkar-e-Toiba, SIMI, Al Qaeda understand Mumbai's blessings and its curses. If they can somehow wreck its twin blessings with a little help from Mr Thackeray, they would have succeeded in perpetrating financial and communal havoc on a society which is a stinging rebuke to their narrow ideology. No wonder, Mumbai is the world's most targeted city.

Since 1993, despite provocations, Mumbaikars have studiously rejected calls to destroy the city's social and economic fabric. We cannot, however, remain complacent. The imminent demise of the Shiv Sena and with it, hopefully, of the BJP's flirtation with fascism, is a good sign. It must remain our collective task to protect, sustain and nourish Mumbai. If Mumbai falls, India falls. You and I know this. Unfortunately, so do the terrorists.

Last edited by rajiv111; July 17th, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Shivsena is responsible for 7/11 ?

Again why does Media always blame Balasahab,Modi and everybody hindu.In India media is a Mistress of Congress.I say that even if Modi and Balasahab were not there the same blasts would have happened.The problem is some where else which media is not projecting.
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shivsena is responsible for 7/11 ?

Its as as I said - Hate Hindus, Hate Hinduism, Suck and Kiss Muslim Ass All the time.

These sons of whores who run these magazines will always blame Hindus and side with Muslims.

I feel no sympathy for any journalist who dies in a bomb blast or war. These virulent commie pigs deserve to be flogged.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:53 AM
eCharchan

arun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond repute

Chapai,

It is Narayan Rane, Sharad Pawar behind such canard.
These casteist leaders are to be blamed for what gets printed in US newspapers.
Rajdeep Sardesai has already opened a broadside against Hindus. He openly says that this is in retaliation for what happened in Mumbai in 1993 and in Gujarath in 2002.

Arun
Old July 18th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Loud And Proud Muslim

nauratankurma is on a distinguished road

Just because the jounalists dont write what you want to read , doesnt make them puppets of a party.

People do tolerate , but when hatred starts to cross the limits of tolerance , retaliation tkaes place. I dont say that one must terrorise to retaliate but this is also true that one cannot keep quiet and take the blows all the time.

I have said in my many posts until they find out who the real culprit is , you cannot blame one community all the time. It could easily be SS or BJP or other saffron chaddiwalas, who for their own agenda want to disturb the peace in Bombay.

Echarchans please think with a broad mind, hatred will ruin us Indians and this is exactly what some people want. Divide us on basis of religion. Dont let that happen. I am so proud to belong to a country which respects all religions and is a home to millions of homeless.

Dont let fundamenalists to destroy us. Bal Thackery and Modi are a bane to India
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauratankurma
Just because the jounalists dont write what you want to read , doesnt make them puppets of a party.

People do tolerate , but when hatred starts to cross the limits of tolerance , retaliation tkaes place. I dont say that one must terrorise to retaliate but this is also true that one cannot keep quiet and take the blows all the time.

I have said in my many posts until they find out who the real culprit is , you cannot blame one community all the time. It could easily be SS or BJP or other saffron chaddiwalas, who for their own agenda want to disturb the peace in Bombay.

Echarchans please think with a broad mind, hatred will ruin us Indians and this is exactly what some people want. Divide us on basis of religion. Dont let that happen. I am so proud to belong to a country which respects all religions and is a home to millions of homeless.

Dont let fundamenalists to destroy us. Bal Thackery and Modi are a bane to India
Ha ha ha ha.. reminds me of a old timer who used to sing the same tunes like you!!

Ha ha ha ha. you and your kind are all traitors and terrorists. You secretly wish for death of non Muslims.
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Loud And Proud Muslim

nauratankurma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Ha ha ha ha.. reminds me of a old timer who used to sing the same tunes like you!!

Ha ha ha ha. you and your kind are all traitors and terrorists. You secretly wish for death of non Muslims.
anyways I was going to reply ..........but it will all be in vain. People like saneless and Co. will stick to their wrong opinions.............chalo outta this thread
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
anyways I was going to reply ..........but it will all be in vain. People like saneless and Co. will stick to their wrong opinions.............chalo outta this thread
You know what? Even your own Arab brethren in Middle East are tired of this jihad shit. No Arab country is interefering in the Israel war with Hezbollah.

Its only people like you who still hang on to every word said by some dim witted bearded mullah with a towel on his head. You guys are the reason we have terrorism in India.

And I dont say this just like that.

When you are in a minority you will collectively shout 'oppression opppresion persecution persecution' by the majority.

When you are in majority you will blow up each other (Shia versus Sunni versus Wahabi versus Rama-Ding-Dong) just to be the first to reach heaven to fuck those 72 virgin sheep!!

You really have the nerve to say that Hindus did this! Offcourse we have some mentally converted Muslims like Laloo Yadav who said that Godhra was caused by Hindus who decided to burn themselves up for fun.

I pity you man.. For tomorrow, when the bombs fall - and they will for sure - no one will be looking out for you. Maybe a Hindu will lend a helping hand.
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bal Thackery and Modi are a bane to India
So are Shahi Imam Bukhari, Abu Azmi and any Muslim politician associated with the Samajwadi Party. Understand that fanatics exist on both sides.
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quoting just one para from your post, nauratankurma... just this para. This is what will be happening across the world tomorrow... something of which you saw a preview in Godhra. How long do you think we can take it quietly? We saw success in Godhra however disgusting it was... don't you think we can apply it again and again... just like your guys are doing?

I do not know why you keep bringing my name up when discussing intolerance. I have no hate for you, my friend... I just hate your beliefs, which have been hammered into you since your childhood. You leave your beliefs behind and we can be the best of friends, ready to die for each other. You bring your beliefs and excuses and irrational opinions along with you and you will find a sworn enemy in me.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Junior eCharchan

rajiv111 will become famous soon enough

Navratan,

I agree with you completely.

You say,"People do tolerate , but when hatred starts to cross the limits of tolerance , retaliation takes place. "

Why not say replace "People" with "Hindus", so lets say Hindus do tolerate etc etc ...

Right now in Mumbai even people who voted for Kangress are having bitter feelings about this incident. You say that SS- BJP might be responsible for this, do you think phone calls would go to Pakistan,Bangladesh and Dubai if BJP or SS was responsible for this ?

Now it seems that even the statue desecration was part of a larger conspiracy. On Sunday morning when I heard the news, I thought of Raj Thackeray and Narayan Rane, but it seems it was some landyabhai involved.

Stop giving this excuse of Gujarat 2002, BJP lost an election because of Gujarat and this should have been the end of the chapter.

There is a saying in Mumbaiya Marathi ,"Padaryala pavatyache nimita" which means a person farts and says that I ate bread and therefore I am farting."

Worst thing about this incident is that there was no provocation of any sort, now you have your pseudosecular govt in power both at centre and state. BJP and SS are in disarray and inspite of that attacks are taking place.
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Banned

amlendu is on a distinguished road

No shivsena is not responcible for 7/11 but he is responcible fo creating
tension in maharashtra. his behaviour is like that naxelite.