eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 5th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
cyber the chalice of my toleration is getting filled upto it's brims
when I see u using such big big words like supercalifragilistically

Anyway the chronometer here says that it's 4:30 am and Now the creature of the night ie moi must go and get a few nods
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi

the whle word doesnt e1 exist!!
crypto = a person who belongs to a sect or groups
hyprochondriacal = affected by

you will get a hilarious meaning now... try it
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
One more thing Slyboots:

Your blandishment is condigned to enervate your vociferous posts. I have decided to eschew you and your posts for a few days!!
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Banned

cyber that is a neologism and it wud take a few years before it gets added to the dictionary like two more words ciloholic and zyzzva

Neither does the whole word supercalifragilistically exists in

ABSO-FU(KING-LUTELY not in any of the lexicons that I have.
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Banned

Supari is right about the word cryptohypochondriac
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by SlyBoots
cyber that is a neologism and it wud take a few years before it gets added to the dictionary like two more words ciloholic and zyzzva

Neither does the whole word supercalifragilistically exists in

ABSO-FU(KING-LUTELY not in any of the lexicons that I have.
Sue me for using it then!!
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Banned

GEE khiladi ab tu bhee meri baaton kaa buraa maan gaya .HOnestly pardner I was simply having fun here ....

CHILL and keep no undercurrents
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Source Integrator

saaala waapis Hindi mein aaya na.........!!

bas koi nai!! no har feelings......
mera matlab koi sakt mehoosgi nahi yaar!!
Old June 5th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Banned

yaar hindi meitoh aanaa hee padegaa....maine pehale hee kahaa kee mujhe angrezi bilkul nahin aatee
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:26 AM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
totally against them

i am totally and absolutely against them....
and shringy...not because of any ' they are western' concept...that is a really stupid arguement....look around u and tell me what is not western around u...internet, comp, AC. cars everything almost invented/created by westerners.....saala par unke culture ke barein mein bitck karna zaroori hai....as far as culture is concerned after the advent of globalisation and internet etc...u have a choice u keep what u want to from the prevelent indian culture and take what u want from the prevcelnt western culture.....

i am totally against beauty contests coz they thrive on objectification of women's body....
i am in total agreement in the beauty myth theory.....that is Beauty is an industry which reinforces sterotypes and puts pressure on the majority of women...by giving them standards of beauty....to look beautiful/sexy whatever.....coz their spouses want them t resemble as much as possible the models they are ogling at .......
the amt women spend on lipsticks, nailpolishes, getting themselves waxed, getting hajaar types ogf hair treatment, getting their eye brows done etc is nauseating and scary and quite stupid....and the biggest problem....makes them insecure........
basically ends up alineating women.......
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Nandini,

The problem is that beauty contests end up making women feel that "i am not enough". And once she feels that, it is a short step to products which say "Buy me and u will be enuf".

I hope BJP which talks about Indian Culture bans them - or at least has punitive taxes.

Shring
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Most of the contestants are nothing but hypocrites when it comes to answering questions like what it is they would like to do and who would they like to re-incarnate.

They invariably come with answers like they would like to be Mother Theresa and do social service. For such answers, they should held resposible for keeping their word i.e. at least 2 years of service in Mother Teresa's or an equivalent centre.

I believe the real beauty is beauty of the heart. Who cares about looks!
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra

I believe the real beauty is beauty of the heart. Who cares about looks!
Me, for one

Remeber Netraji, Beauty is only skin deep .. but ugly goes to the bone.
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Smelli yaar

Hey, brains and heart is more important than beauty. Must we concentrate on beauty and let brains and heart go to hell? Must we not concentrate on brains and heart and ignore beauty?

You say

Shring
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

why dont u stop using computers and discmans and DVD players and all this western shit??? do u wanna convert India into ahghanistan??

why dont u go there along with FP??