eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old December 5th, 2016, 05:57 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice
Unhappy Mumbai utterly disappoints.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

Last edited by Ambernath; December 5th, 2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:12 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
Mysore
shruthi ks once claimed in a PM to me to be from mysore
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice

Quote:
I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:29 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

low cost of living in Mumbai? Are we talking about the same city? May be a kholi could be considered low cost.

In India, Mumbai is perhaps the costliest city to live in, Bengaluru is getting there, Mysuru is far behind.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Banned

Arrow Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
low cost of living in Mumbai? Are we talking about the same city? May be a kholi could be considered low cost.

In India, Mumbai is perhaps the costliest city to live in, Bengaluru is getting there, Mysuru is far behind.
I thought cost of living also includes things like street-side fast food, ice-creams, milkshakes, the Puja plate which contains all items for conducting Puja rituals (one such thali at the vicinity of an ancient temple costed a disappointing 50 Rupees), auto fares, the fees charged by doctors (some doctors in Mysore charge half or even less than Mumbai doctors do), etcetera.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:42 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought cost of living also includes things like street-side fast food, ice-creams, milkshakes, the Puja plate which contains all items for conducting Puja rituals (one such thali at the vicinity of an ancient temple costed a disappointing 50 Rupees), auto fares, the fees charged by doctors (some doctors in Mysore charge half or even less than Mumbai doctors do), etcetera.
exactly.. the rents are super high in Mumbai and so is other living cost, like the ones you mentioned.

A simple google search confirms what I said.

From the URL above: You would need around 125,015.58Rs in Mumbai to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 89,000.00Rs in Bangalore (assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our Cost of Living Plus Rent Index to compare cost of living.

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Mumbai are 10.32% higher than in Bangalore
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Mumbai are 40.47% higher than in Bangalore
Rent Prices in Mumbai are 142.81% higher than in Bangalore
Restaurant Prices in Mumbai are 34.01% higher than in Bangalore
Groceries Prices in Mumbai are 8.12% higher than in Bangalore
Local Purchasing Power in Mumbai is 25.82% lower than in Bangalore

You would need around 75,780.74Rs in Mysore to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 89,000.00Rs in Bangalore (assuming you rent in both cities).

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Mysore are 4.70% lower than in Bangalore
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Mysore are 14.85% lower than in Bangalore
Rent Prices in Mysore are 49.33% lower than in Bangalore
Restaurant Prices in Mysore are 28.82% lower than in Bangalore
Groceries Prices in Mysore are 11.74% higher than in Bangalore
Local Purchasing Power in Mysore is 61.78% lower than in Bangalore

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 5th, 2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Banned

By the way folks, come to Mysore. You will get to see some GENUINELY beautiful girls and women despite the practice of avunculate and cousin marriages. And they are safe here unlike most of North where there are dangers of acid-attacks, rapes and sexual harassment.

P.S.: Regarding this aspect of genuinely beautiful girls and women, I am not sure about rest of South though. I don't know about even rest of Karnataka.

Last edited by Ambernath; December 5th, 2016 at 06:54 AM.
Old December 5th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
By the way folks, come to Mysore. You will get to see some GENUINELY beautiful girls and women despite the practice of avunculate and cousin marriages. And they are safe here unlike most of North where there are dangers of acid-attacks, rapes and sexual harassment.

P.S.: Regarding this aspect of genuinely beautiful girls and women, I am not sure about rest of South though. I don't know about even rest of Karnataka.
Looks like Mumbai disappointed you in many aspects, not just cost of living.
Old December 5th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

low cost of living? in Mumbai? I am surprised.
But isnt that a good thing if its true?
Old December 5th, 2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
low cost of living? in Mumbai? I am surprised.
But isnt that a good thing if its true?
No it's not low cost, only Gurgaon is higher than Mumbai. check the link I gave.
Old December 5th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

beauty, they say, lies in he eyes of the beholder.

btw ambernath, where really did you get the expectations from? Childhood nostalgia, I can understand wherever else did you get the information?
Old December 5th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Ambernath, simple.. dont go to Mumbai again.
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajapati View Post
OP, are you the same guy ????

I had seen this video a while ago, and somehow now I have a strong feeling, that you must be the same guy,.....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
I thought you are the OP!
Old December 9th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Banned

Amogh is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Perhaps that's the reason why 99% of Bollywood's content is crap.
Old December 9th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajapati View Post
OP, are you the same guy ????

I had seen this video a while ago, and somehow now I have a strong feeling, that you must be the same guy,.....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
The case of the guy in the video is roughly opposite to mine. I spent most of the childhood in Mumbai, left it for many years and revisited only after attaining maturity. The video's guy went and settled in Mumbai when he still hadn't come to senses. And he stayed there.