eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Crossover happens when a faster Moving Average crosses above a slower Moving Average which is a bullish crossover or below, which is considered bearish crossover. .........

Yes.. got the general idea. Will try to develop the example of milk and come up with some charts.

In your earlier post ..
Quote:
..For example, let’s take the recent week’s milk prices 15, 17, 14, 18, 19, 19, 16.
The prices are on closing basis or some kind of daily moving average?

The SMA line below the last day’s price, 16, would be 16.85714. (15+17+14+18+19+19+16)/7.
Understand the average, but why would the SMA line be below the last day's price (16).. I mean 16.85 > 16 so the line should be above the last day's price ? Maybe I'll try it in excel first.

Since the general trend is upward, .... How do we come to that conclusion? Simply by looking at the data or is there a formula?

this SMA is ‘acting as support’ to buy.
let me know if you are looking at any specific data. Otherwise, this is the concept of how it works.
Nothing specific. Overheard a group discussing it animatedly and settle on a buy (targets/ SL etc.. defined during the discussion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Why don't you guys get a thread!
Maybe......
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

The prices are on closing basis or some kind of daily moving average?
It depends on the instrument you are working on. If you are looking at large data which has a vital financial impact, we use the daily moving average. For example, currency movements will have a daily moving average and some of the precious metals have a closing price.

Understand the average, but why would the SMA line be below the last day's price (16).. I mean 16.85 > 16 so the line should be above the last day's price ?
I meant to say, until yesterday. Not above and below as such. So in this case its 'above'.

How do we come to that conclusion? Simply by looking at the data or is there a formula?
When we are using one SMA, we also use something called Support and Resistance lines. This is determined by the trader as to what price is an acceptable Support line and at what price he likes to draw a Resistance line. This is a bit complex to arrive at. I will try and describe this more in a bit. Of course, we don't do this manually. We have financial tools which help us arrive at this point.
Once you have the support and resistance lines established, all you are looking at is the SMA to determine weather or not to sell/buy.

Give me sometime, I will see what I can come up with support and resistance lines.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

RR, just a word of caution if you are intending to use this information. Sometimes markets do react differently that what the trend suggests you to do. So, there is no thumb rule that if you follow support line/resistance line you will profit.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RR, just a word of caution if you are intending to use this information. Sometimes markets do react differently that what the trend suggests you to do. So, there is no thumb rule that if you follow support line/resistance line you will profit.
In two words :*conditions apply!

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
In two words :*conditions apply!
Pretty much .

Actually, its kind of difficult to get the accuracy without having custom built software. I mean, its possible, but difficult. Most of the time, getting the raw data is the key. If we have that correct, rest usually falls in place.
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

what do you guys do when you have a headache (besides taking a pain killer)?
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post

taking a proper dump does it for me... most of my headaches are due to shittus interruptus

drinking water and taking a nap also helps...
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We put Landya on "Ignore"

TY Rakhi.. will sleep on it and revert.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
taking a proper dump does it for me... most of my headaches are due to shittus interruptus

drinking water and taking a nap also helps...
you made me laugh for "shittus interruptus"
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Deep breathing... increases oxygen supply... eating fruits... plain water...short nap... shitting... and vomiting(if you feel nauseated)... mine is generally acidity driven...so I need to munch something.

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Usually fresh air helps me.
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A brisk walk outdoors usually takes care of my headache. No pain killers needed.
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Usually fresh air helps me.
Sure it does. anything that helps more oxygen in your system.

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Why don't you guys get a thread!
I am hooked to the icon in your sign!
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am hooked to the icon in your sign!

insanity_icons_ is you ??