eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 10th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question How many of you use NetFlix for Indian movies?

Folks,

Do you use NetFlix for desi movies? If you do, can you share your experiences about the service? Do you like/dislike it? and why?

This is just to get a pulse as to how many use the web for ordering movies versus how many just go to the local grocery store to get their fix of desi films??
Old June 10th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
nah....i dont !! I jus prefer to go to mah local grocer chat with him and pick a movie......

abbe if the worlds doin all this there will be a time when u wont need to set yr foot outta yr home!! that FCUKING sux!!
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:07 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many of you use NetFlix for Indian movies?

Didnt know Netflix was there in 2002 too. I knew about it in 2005 though.
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:08 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of Desi movies in Netflix now.
Old December 9th, 2017, 05:47 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Didnt know Netflix was there in 2002 too. I knew about it in 2005 though.
Not the streaming, I think till about 2009/2010 you only had mail in dvds. I used netflix as early as 2004 (used to make a list of 3 movies every week) when streaming was rare and youtube didn’t have much content.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 9th, 2017 at 05:50 AM.
Old December 9th, 2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Not the streaming, I think till about 2009/2010 you only had mail in dvds. I used netflix as early as 2004 (used to make a list of 3 movies every week) when streaming was rare and youtube didn’t have much content.
Yups. I came to know about Netflix from my Pak landlord in Londonistan who started using Netflix in 2005. He used to watch supernatural movies like Hell boy. I then moved in with an Indian housemate who used the trial of one month to see some critically acclaimed movies like 'Downfall', 'Being John Malkovich', etc. He did download a lot of Desi movies.

In Umrika, we originally enlisted for Netflix in 2009/10 to get Dora and Diego DVDs for kids. By this time there were quite a few Desi movies on DVD including Gult movies which still havent made it to streaming. The service split in 2011 and the share price fell down to $30. I wanted to buy some shares but there were so many questions inthe AMeritradde site that i gave up. It went to $300 in a couple of years and is at 189 or so now.