eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old January 31st, 2018, 08:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lousy Desis at workplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
This is why Indian businesses don't do returns in India.
if given a choice even western businesses would not do returns. Its the regulation that makes them do it and the regulation is for consumers benefit - to protect them from unscrupulous business-people who would sell potatoes for 500$ a kilo if given a chance. The concept is not very advanced in India and there is no regulation on selling even known faulty products.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:46 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
If the non-veggies choose not to eat any veggies then I ll have some non-veggie dish for them for sure. but it never happened. At my previous workplace, some of the non-veggies were eating veggie dishes first so that they can hoard the non-veggies leftovers.

Old February 4th, 2018, 12:05 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
i thought i was the only one responding to age old posts. didnt realize this thread was so old.
Old June 4th, 2018, 10:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I read an article by a tourist who had played state level cricket in Australia, he wrote, Indian kids playing cricket in street or playground, always push each other or some passerby to throw the ball, nobody wants to run.

You can notice when you play cricket with desis. Everyone wants to fight for the bat, nobody wants to bowl. This is why I stopped playing cricket with desis, picked up tennis.. play only with Americans.. desis cheat half the time anyway .. play like it's world cup finals.. isko batting mat dena haar jayenge.. somebody who is manager at workplace thinks he's the boss on cricket field too.. I was a pretty good medium pace bowler, but decided I don't wanna waste time playing with desis.
Old June 5th, 2018, 03:52 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read an article by a tourist who had played state level cricket in Australia, he wrote, Indian kids playing cricket in street or playground, always push each other or some passerby to throw the ball, nobody wants to run.

You can notice when you play cricket with desis. Everyone wants to fight for the bat, nobody wants to bowl. This is why I stopped playing cricket with desis, picked up tennis.. play only with Americans.. desis cheat half the time anyway .. play like it's world cup finals.. isko batting mat dena haar jayenge.. somebody who is manager at workplace thinks he's the boss on cricket field too.. I was a pretty good medium pace bowler, but decided I don't wanna waste time playing with desis.
My elder one plays soccer and the team has some 5 desis. It has a perfect record of losing all the 10 games so far in the season. They lost the last game 12-2 and were still excited because it was the first game in which they scored some goals.

My boy waits for the ball to come to him and makes little attempt to hold it. We put him in the game so that he moves his lazy butt, but he got around it for a long time by ending up as a goalkeeper.
Another one's parent is a manager and he fashions himself as one too constantly lobbying to be the captain and commenting ' Send that guy forward, this one backward, etc. (even when he is not a captain). One more guy dribbles well but tries to score all by himself and never passes. One guy not a part of this gang plays well though. Even the non desis in the team (all goras) have now slackened and the coaches have to shout that they always pass to a player who is surrounded by opponents.

The coach got frustrated and was once commenting to the coach of a girls team who were playing at a neighboring field "I wish our boys coordinated like your girls".
Old June 5th, 2018, 03:55 AM

Quote:
One interesting memory is that i was passing by one gali cricket game and when batsman hit the ball, it touched me, deflected and then some fielder caught it. There was a big dispute on whether it should have been a catch
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
You actually hear more gult in US than in Hyderabad. I have improved on my Telugu since i came here 4 years back.
This comment was for when I was in Dirty pai's gaon. Colleagues, client IT managers, neighbors most of them were Desi's mostly gults.

It is not so much in mid West and thanks to Trump, many gults have started speaking in English.

But even after all this, I got this compliment from a relative ony current India trip that my gult has improved and I gave the same reply that I speak more gult in umrika than in Hyderabad.
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
It is not so much in mid West and thanks to Trump, many gults have started speaking in English.
Old June 18th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

After years here in the USA, I can easily identify how the conversation is going to be with any desi irrespective of their state of origin in India. Just a couple of sentences and I know what he/she is going to say next.

One thing many desis still do is try to get too personal i.e. want to know too much personal information about you within the first 2 or 3 meetings itself. Some are so blatanat that they will ask all kinds of questions about you and your family.

Fuck.. I hate such assholes.. I have a standard answer which pisses some of them - 'Hey, I am not comfortable discussing my personal details other than people very close to me'

That gives them the message. Some get pissed, but who the fuck cares!