eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 9th, 2018, 08:06 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, what's up?

I am alarmed by this development in railway reservations.

Quote:
Indian Railways allows passengers to transfer their confirmed tickets to other travellers

India FP Staff Mar 09, 2018 20:04:58 IST

In a relief to passengers, Indian Railways has announced that it will now allow travellers to transfer their confirmed tickets to someone else, according to reports.

Railways has also put down specific guidelines on how to transfer a confirmed ticket.

According to an Indian Railways statement, a passenger can transfer his/her railway ticket to other members of the family including father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband and wife by making a written request 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.

Students of recognised educational institutions will need the approval of the head of the institution to transfer the confirmed ticket. The head can make a written request 48 hours before the scheduled departure and the reservation can be transferred to any other student of the same institute.

If the passengers are members of a marriage party, any person deemed to be the head of the group can make a request 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train and the reservation made in the name of any member of the marriage party be transferred to any other person.

Such requests will, however, be granted only once.

The Chief Reservation Supervisor of important stations are authorised by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger, Business Today reported.

Published Date: Mar 09, 2018 20:00 PM | Updated Date: Mar 09, 2018 20:04 PM
It may be a "relief" in some cases, but I fear that it will be misused and become a tool for the reservation touts.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old March 9th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post

It may be a "relief" in some cases, but I fear that it will be misused and become a tool for the reservation touts.
Touts ke sabko apne bhai-behen banne chale

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am alarmed by this development in railway reservations.

It may already be there. It is at least on the google cache.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:14 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
It may already be there. It is at least on the google cache.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Yes, I googled and found this :

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0901044_1.html

The thing is that it is too subjective in the case of "marriage parties". Must be applicable to other group bookings too (tourist groups, pilgrimages etc). Maybe that's why the long distance trains get fully booked within seconds of opening time (8am) 4 months in advance, specially for the vacation seasons.

Old March 12th, 2018, 02:13 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Fetus in fetu !! It was the first time I heard about this.
Quote:
Foetus Removed From A 20-Day-Old Baby’s Stomach! What is Fetus in Fetu?

HEALTH WELLNESS Sandhya Raghavan
Mar 12, 2018 04:52 PM IST

Foetus Removed From A 20-Day-Old Baby’s Stomach! What is Fetus in Fetu?

In a bizarre, one-of-a-kind medical case, doctors from a hospital in Ahmedabad performed a rare surgery to remove a foetus from the body of a 20-day-old baby boy. According to a report published in The Times of India, the child belonging to a couple from Sanand in Ahmedabad and was admitted , after the parents discovered a swelling in its stomach. It was later revealed to the shocked family that the infant was suffering from a rare condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or fetus in fetu.

Dr Bhavin Vasavada, the gastrointestinal hepatobiliary and liver transplant surgeon who conducted the surgery told TOI that it was a CT scan that revealed the presence of a mass, ostensibly a foetus, inside the baby. The mass removed from the abdomen of the infant was indeed a mature teratoma (fetus-in-fetu), which had an undeveloped hand and some parts of a spine. The operation was a success and the child is said to be recuperating well.

What’s Fetus in Fetu?

The term fetus in fetu literally means a ‘foetus inside a foetus.’ It’s a rare medical condition in which a foetus gets prematurely enveloped and enclosed inside the body of its twin. So far, they haven’t been many recorded cases of fetus and fetu. Here are some shocking facts about this developmental disorder.

It’s not pregnancy: Fetus-in-fetu is not a result of sexual activity and is not akin to being pregnant. It is a developmental anomaly caused when the child is still inside its mother’s womb. The embryo of the child encases and envelops that of its twin, restricting its growth.

It’s very rare: It’s a rare medical condition and fewer than 200 cases have been reported so far.

It usually occurs inside the abdomen: The usual site for fetus-in-fetu is the abdominal cavity area or the retropetitoneal space.

It can present some symptoms: Symptoms of fetus in fetu include abdominal swelling, jaundice, pressure on the kidneys, breathlessness and vomiting.

It can steal the embryo’s blood supply: It could be a parasitic twin, growing within its host twin, feeding off its blood supply.

It can have some developed organs: Commonly, fetus in fetu are found with some parts of its vertebrae or spine. But in some cases, skin structures, gastrointestinal tract and central nervous system can develop on the foetus. Rarely, gonads, adrenal glands, heart, pancreas, spleen and a basic respiratory system can be seen on the foetus.

It can sometimes have hair: A 45-year-old woman had a fright of her life when the cyst removed from her ovaries was shown to have a face and long hair like hers. It turned out that the mass growing inside her ovary was no cyst but an “unborn” twin.
https://www.latestly.com/lifestyle/h...etu-61319.html

Old March 15th, 2018, 10:32 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

?? Trump did this ??

Quote:
Indians are an unhappy lot, but Pakistanis get more joyful: UN report

TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Mar 15, 2018, 08.33 AM IST

Indians are an unhappy lot, but Pakistanis get more joyful: UN report

NEW DELHI: Indians, it appears, are getting unhappier by the year, while their not-so-well-off neighbours in Pakistan are becoming more joyful, shows the latest United Nations ranking of the world's happiest countries.

India, which dropped four places in the 2017 World Happiness Report, fell a further 11 places in the 2018 report. It now ranks a low 133 on the list of 156 countries monitored by the United Nations' Sustainable Development Solutions Network for its annual 'joy' report.

By comparison, terror-ravaged Pakistan, which was already 'happier' than India in the 2017 rankings, is shown as being even happier in the 2018 rankings. It's on number 75, up five spots from last year.

Not just Pakistan, all of India's immediate neighbours are more joyful than Indians, despite many of them not being nearly as well-off economically or even socially. Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka are all ahead of India in the Happiness rankings. Even state-controled China is happier than India.

The World Happiness Report published yesterday put Finland at the top among 156 countries ranked by happiness levels, based on factors such as life expectancy, social support and corruption.

What explains Finland being happiest despite it getting little sun and despite its frigid temperatures?

``Well, our politics and our economics. I think the basics are quite good in Finland. So, yes, we have the perfect circumstances to have a happy life here in Finland '' said Sofia Holm, a 24-year-old resident of Helsinki, the Nordic country's capital, to the Associated Press.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...t/63309942.cms

Old March 15th, 2018, 12:26 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know how they calculate happiness.. sounds stupid to me.
Old March 15th, 2018, 01:12 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I don't know how they calculate happiness.. sounds stupid to me.
The news item definitely increased my happiness by making me laugh.

Perhaps the guys doing the survey tuned into PTV or some articles which say that Pak is way superior to Ind.
Old March 15th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
The news item definitely increased my happiness by making me laugh.

Perhaps the guys doing the survey tuned into PTV or some articles which say that Pak is way superior to Ind.
Pakistanis are happy because they know that it doesn't matter what they are going through. They will get 72 virgins if they kill a few kafirs.
That keeps them dreamy and in a good stead.
Old March 16th, 2018, 07:27 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Yeah.. these days there are stupid indices for everything.

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:22 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Railway chaiwalas fighting for their rights.

The Quali-Tea of Mercy: Chaiwala Association approaches SC challenging Railways rule

Hopefully on getting the license, they will also follow the rates and the quantity prescribed by the Railways.

On a more positive note, the things have improved after Piyush Goyal took charge. Now the tea costs Rs. 7 in train, as prescribed. Also, recently there was something about "no bill, no pay" for the food served in the train.

No food bill, no payment – Here's how Railways wants to target overcharging

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Cong IT cell head Ramdas mother is throwing tantrums for not getting ticket. Threatening dynasty that she will contest as independent. Does SM Krishna have anything to do? After all, she is his Bahar ki Murgi
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:37 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

here more for #MeToo campaign

Actor Daisy Irani opens up about being sexually assaulted at 6 by her guardian

Old March 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Snake charmer strangled by python in India during live show

Occupational hazard, I guess...

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:19 AM

Let me grab Post # 3000. Way to go Badriji. Someone who goes by count of views would on this.