eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old September 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jayaji's comments ...

Her comments were definitely in bad taste. What was the need to utter such words? What was the need to flaunt/assert her UP roots? Did anyone ask her to speak in Marathi? This is nothing but straightforward provocation for no apparent reason . I think she was trying to be funny but the Joke fell flat.

I dont think the MNS were wrong in making an issue of this. As it is Bacchans have had an acrimonious relationshiop with Raj Thackerey. Such irresponsible utterances only add fuel to the fire.

Now she is scurrying for cover and trying to make up by apologizing. Jab gand lagi fatne tow Prasad laga batne..
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Her comments were definitely in bad taste. What was the need to utter such words? What was the need to flaunt/assert her UP roots? Did anyone ask her to speak in Marathi? This is nothing but straightforward provocation for no apparent reason . I think she was trying to be funny but the Joke fell flat.

I dont think the MNS were wrong in making an issue of this. As it is Bacchans have had an acrimonious relationshiop with Raj Thackerey. Such irresponsible utterances only add fuel to the fire.

Now she is scurrying for cover and trying to make up by apologizing. Jab gand lagi fatne tow Prasad laga batne..
right..you are talking abt provocating a gunda who is already on top of his gundagiri!!!

every second day he takes potshots at bacchan family and when they hit back to him...it means they are provocating mns terrorists...

and that is wrong usage of 'hindi' idiom....letz not go on the words part (where you replaced dharti with a swear)...complete usage is wrong

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; September 9th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post

wait.... wait.... being a marathi MNS workers can speak marathi and be proud of it...but can't she speak hindi and be apologetic of it....even if it reeks of sarcasm and actually she is proud of it....
Whats wrong in flaunting your roots.... your regionality and race is not your choice..... you don't turn marathi overnight just because you are in mumbai... This is started by that @$$70l$ thakre... he can't expect others not to retort..

Old September 9th, 2008, 09:29 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
wait.... wait.... being a marathi MNS workers can speak marathi and be proud of it...but can't she speak hindi and be apologetic of it....even if it reeks of sarcasm and actually she is proud of it....
Whats wrong in flaunting your roots.... your regionality and race is not your choice..... you don't turn marathi overnight just because you are in mumbai... This is started by that @$$70l$ thakre... he can't expect others not to retort..
You are forgetting one thing... Jaya's sarcasm was aimed at maharastrians and not towards Raj Thackeray... If she had to retort she should have retorted taking his name... IMO, she innately has this arrogance and tried to challenge and provoke the marathi public... it may be a casual off hand remark, but it shows the typical mindset of north indians, they don't view hindi on par with local languages.... many of them don't even make an attempt to learn telugu or kannada, despite living for several years in those states... whereas they expect locals to understand hindi by default...

One has to respect local culture, language and traditions, if one has to make a home of a foreign land... this doesn't mean one needs to become subservient and lose his identity... but does it hurt to be respectful and unprovocative towards local sentiments?
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post
right..you are talking abt provocating a gunda who is already on top of his gundagiri!!!

every second day he takes potshots at bacchan family and when they hit back to him...it means they are provocating mns terrorists...

and that is wrong usage of 'hindi' idiom....letz not go on the words part (where you replaced dharti with a swear)...complete usage is wrong
Just because Raj Thackrey takes Potshots and is provocating (sic) the Bacchan Family, they dont have to respond by uttering such nonsensical statements. On one hand they are out to prove that they love Maharashtra and Mumbai is their Karmabhoomi and on the other pour sarcasm and affirm their origins ...

This only lends credence to Raj Thackrey's vitriol towards the bacchans and antagonizes the local Marathi populace (who btw, dont care about MNS) further.

BTW, My usage of that "colloquial" Idiom was very apt and was meant for the consumption of the general members here. It was not meant to please Hindi Purists...
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud View Post
You are forgetting one thing... Jaya's sarcasm was aimed at maharastrians and not towards Raj Thackeray... If she had to retort she should have retorted taking his name... IMO, she innately has this arrogance and tried to challenge and provoke the marathi public... it may be a casual off hand remark, but it shows the typical mindset of north indians, they don't view hindi on par with local languages.... many of them don't even make an attempt to learn telugu or kannada, despite living for several years in those states... whereas they expect locals to understand hindi by default...

One has to respect local culture, language and traditions, if one has to make a home of a foreign land... this doesn't mean one needs to become subservient and lose his identity... but does it hurt to be respectful and unprovocative towards local sentiments?

Now you are stretching it a bit too far and stereotyping north indian as arrogant assholes......it proves nothing....there is nothing that suggests she holds a grudge against whole Maharashtra...and there is ample that suggests it's a retort on Thakre....

Why the need of speaking marathi when she is a hindi film actress... she was not there to promote her marathi movies... wtf with this thou shalt speak only marathi in mumbai.... let me remind you that mumbaikars were demanding autonomy at the time of creation of maharashtra and gujarat and both gujarat and maharashtra were claiming their rights on it...... if it were a gujarat city then she would have been apologising to gujaratis.... and this is just 50 years back....

I am all for respecting local culture and language...but this, politics of extreme regionalism with false heroes and hijacked idols with warped sense of history to mislead the junta and gather votes, is simply not done.
i agree there is a propaganda by north indians about hindi being our national language (the confusion arises from Rajbhasha against Rashtrbhasha, I guess)....but the fact remains that massive number of people speak and understand hindi in India.....I had a few south Indian friends in Delhi who can't speak hindi and were yet surviving.... it is not about respect...it is about need... you can't stop this process of globalisation....

I can see a protest rising in chennai very soon against hindi...with all the MNC ofiices and influx of north indians there.... at the same time Tamilians getting a job in Gurgaon/Noida....

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

arey bhai tum kyon tension le rahe ho...this is all becaaj oph age...jayaji ko budhaape ki wajah se piles ho gayela hai...issliye itni gaand mein khujli ho reli hai...jis din thokre aakar gaand mein bamboo daalinga uss din yeh khujli bandh hojaayengi
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

This is nothing but publicity stunt. Jaya knows her son's filmi carrier is on slump, so she made this statement. She knew that ppl of Maha will start furor against Abhishek's new movie Drona releasing in few weeks/days because of this statement. And so she just created publicity stunt.
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
This is nothing but publicity stunt. Jaya knows her son's filmi carrier is on slump, so she made this statement. She knew that ppl of Maha will start furor against Abhishek's new movie Drona releasing in few weeks/days because of this statement. And so she just created publicity stunt.
so you're saying she's the real Drona and not Abhishek? Abhishek must be Ekalavya then!
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Jayaji's comments ...

Quote:
amtha ji, you think bizness all the tem
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
amtha ji, you think bizness all the tem
And Am I wrong in this case?
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Am I wrong in this case?

No. bizness zindabad, bizness hai to politics hai, otherwise these politicians wont get any money to fight elections which is a costly affair in itself

let me talk bizness too, Bachchan and family are respected all over india..and many fans of them visit mumbai for a dekko of amit ji/abhi-shake-aise-veerya ji, that brings money to mumbai...however small amount it is, tell me one instance where raj thokray brough in any money in maharashtra economy...now who is enemy of marathi manoos??

silly example...but makes sense
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
No. bizness zindabad, bizness hai to politics hai, otherwise these politicians wont get any money to fight elections which is a costly affair in itself

let me talk bizness too, Bachchan and family are respected all over india..and many fans of them visit mumbai for a dekko of amit ji/abhi-shake-aise-veerya ji, that brings money to mumbai...however small amount it is, tell me one instance where raj thokray brough in any money in maharashtra economy...now who is enemy of marathi manoos??

silly example...but makes sense

I agree.

Raj Thokrey even disrupts economy by dirupting day-to-day life.
Because of him lot of ppl goes to jail. And loose some income. Bizness owners suffer too due to bandh. Only bizniss do good because of him is healthcare and insurance.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I can understand Jaya and Amitabh speaking in Hindi as they are fluent in it and is their mother tongue. However, why did she have to rub salt by saying 'since we are from UP'.

This will unnecessairly give fuel to Raj Thackrey.

Cha Pai ,It is done purposely and on advice of Amar Singh. If you see this is done by Congress where both SamajWadi Party and MNS will attack each other. Both Will consolidate their votebank and in the end support congress defeating BJP/ShivSena combine.

Congress is playing with both Smajwadi Party and MNS to beat MNS/BJP combine. Good Politics i must say.

Both BJP/Shivsena hands are tied.They can't attack Samajwadi party role in Bombay as they will loose votes in UP and Bombay(North Indian). They also can't attack Raj Thakrey so agressively as they will loose Marathi votes.

Good Politics by Congress
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be surprised to see a MNS/Smajawadi party/Congress combination next time beating ShivSena/BJP and probably NCP combine.

Then Raj Thakrey and Amar Singh will unite to fight communalism and Raj Thakrey will become secular and a egg on his uncle's face.

I like the matured way Balasahab Thakrey is handling this although i didn't expected this from him . Probably advise from BJP.

Solution is attack Bacchan Family most dirty way but never attack UPites.

Balsahab is doing most correct thing.