eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old September 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Jayaji's comments ...

copy/paste

Jaya Bachchan apologises, MNS rejects
9 Sep 2008, 1100 hrs IST,IANS
Print EMail Discuss New Bookmark/Share
Save Write to Editor
Bollywood backs Bachchans against MNS

Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan (AP Photo)
MUMBAI: Bollywood actor and Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan has apologised for her alleged anti-Marathi utterances after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) activists went on the rampage in Mumbai, tearing off posters of films featuring members of the Bachchan family. ( Watch )

Jaya, speaking to reporters late on Monday, apologised and said the comments made by her were completely unintentional and that no one should take them seriously.

She said: "I am extremely sorry if any of my comments have hurt the sentiments of the people here. It was said casually and without any prejudice. I have the deepest regard for the state and its language. I can even speak Marathi well and I will have respect for the state till the end of my life."

MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Monday demanded an unconditional apology from Jaya for her alleged anti-Marathi utterances, failing which the party would prevent screening of all films starring any of the Bachchans in Mumbai.

He said that the actress had "insulted" the state and its people under the guise of promoting the national language.

At a film function here on Saturday night, Jaya had said: "People of Maharashtra, please excuse me. I am from Uttar Pradesh so I will speak in Hindi."

However, MNS leader Shishir Shinde rejected Jaya's apology, saying that she had spoken before just a handful of journalists who did not belong to the Marathi media.

Shinde told Marathi mediapersons on Tuesday that Jaya must call a press conference where Marathi newspapers and channels are invited and then apologise before them.

But he added that her apology would nevertheless help assuage the sentiments of all Marathi-speaking people.

After Thackeray called for an apology from Jaya on Monday, MNS activists tore off movie posters of Bachchans’ films outside multiplexes in suburban Kandivli, Goregaon and Dadar. MNS activists even tore off a huge hoarding showing Abhishek in an advertisement.

There were reports of similar acts of hooliganism from different parts of Maharashtra like Akola, Nanded and Yavatmal districts, the police said.

LINK ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; September 8th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

good boyy...now post it on this address

"Pratiksha" ,
10 th Rd., J.V.P.D. Juhu Scheme
Mumbai,
Maharashtra
India
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand Jaya and Amitabh speaking in Hindi as they are fluent in it and is their mother tongue. However, why did she have to rub salt by saying 'since we are from UP'.

This will unnecessairly give fuel to Raj Thackrey.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post
good boyy...now post it on this address
Did I write something wrong? Don't you feel that way reading her words? How long can they carry on with this? Isn't it time to let this rest? Time to move on?

I love Maharashtra even though born and spent childhood in some other state of India.

I have cut/copy original post but will wait for your comment before copy/pasting again.

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I can understand Jaya and Amitabh speaking in Hindi as they are fluent in it and is their mother tongue. However, why did she have to rub salt by saying 'since we are from UP'.

She was being sarcastic ... rubbing salt in to existing wounds ... thats how I feel.

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

Needless antagonism. Aa bail mujhe maar!

Tantujee, aapka achcha letter censor kyu kar diya?
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Did I write something wrong? Don't you feel that way reading her words? How long can they carry on with this? Isn't it time to let this rest? Time to move on?

I love Maharashtra even though born and spent childhood in some other state of India.

I have cut/copy original post but will wait for your comment before copy/pasting again.
I believe in freedom of speech and expression....if 'normal' citizens of Maharashtra dont get worked up when raj thackeray gives venomous speeches...then what is their problem if jaya bacchan speaks her mind....aint u allowed to speak your mind and succumb to raj bastard's antics??

Your letter will only make people weak here....jaya or no jaya...this bastard will continue his 'dividing' policies...someonez gotta confront him...if u dont have balls to publicly denounce him..then make way for others....
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

and yes hum jaipur waale hain....hindi mein baat karenge pune mein....when i dont make fun or ridicule your language....i expect the same treatment....i am not living on raj thackarey's alms here....i work in a company which is not a product of this state and was set up here because the state wanted it to be here and no where it was written that jobs will only go to local people here....if that was the case....not even a single MNC will set up its operations here...

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; September 8th, 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Re: Jayaji's comments ...

Quote:

However, MNS leader Shishir Shinde rejected Jaya's apology, saying that she had spoken before just a handful of journalists who did not belong to the Marathi media.

Shinde told Marathi mediapersons on Tuesday that Jaya must call a press conference where Marathi newspapers and channels are invited and then apologise before them.
[/url]
see these MNS bastards..marathi newspapers/channels it seems....fockers even ur so-called marathi channels are aired by MNCs like STAR etc....these bastards will never stop....jaya go on...a normal educated marathi will never feel offended by your statements....nail these bastards!!
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

and jaya bacchan u r a two-faced...i dunno what to call a senior woman like u.

when she saw junior bacchans posters/hoardings getting destroyed..she backed out...afterall its the money that matters

wrong message she sent to northies living in MH...
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:49 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post
see these MNS bastards..marathi newspapers/channels it seems....fockers even ur so-called marathi channels are aired by MNCs like STAR etc....these bastards will never stop....jaya go on...a normal educated marathi will never feel offended by your statements....nail these bastards!!
Strangely, while these MNS activists are going around intimidating shopkeepers, showrooms & business establishments to mandatorily have Marathi nameplates, all MNS leaders have the nameplates outside their houses in English.

Nobody gives a damn to these foolish two-faced diktats!
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
Nobody gives a damn to these foolish two-faced diktats!
people are giving damn to this bastard...that is why he is so high in spirits....itz just you, me and likes who dont give a damn.....but we two dont make the entire state, do we?
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She was being sarcastic ... rubbing salt in to existing wounds ... thats how I feel.
that wasnt sarcastic at all..she poked a retard kid..and now everyone have to pay for it..including herself
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:34 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

The MNS leader is getting so vocal abt his anti-Indian tirade, but still the government keeps its mouth shut. They want proof . I dont understand what proof do they want . Somehow Vilasrao Deshmukh doesnt believe that the Maharashtrian junta will side with him when he put anti-Indian Raj behind bars.

The most attacks by MNS was against the Bachans, so it was but natural that they will bite back, but alas they didnt have the guts to stand against his hooliganism . Yeah its the money !!!

But in all respects its the common man who bears the brunt . Never heard them tore down the Bachan bunglow, always hear some random guy losing his source of income. And still the Government wants proof. And this random man maybe a Marathi too .

Raj !!! You are a biggest arsehole and a very down-grade person .This is from a proud Maharashtrian and an Indian at heart and I hate you bastard !!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wounds?? what wounds??? This Thakre kid is taking marathis for a ride....in fact the whole Thakre clan is taking mumbaiites for a royal ride for 40 years now.... And Jaya is a politician now... I feel it's a political stunt.... I am not sure but she should not be from UP....She is a bengali....
What has this Raj Thakre done for mumbai or maharashtra... except for vomiting bullcrap in marathi....