eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old October 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Six thousand to reconvert as Hindus in Thane tomorrow

Hmm... this is a first .. atleast I have not read such news of folks turning back to Hinduism in a long time ...

Quote:
Six thousand to reconvert as Hindus in Thane tomorrow

PTI Sunday, October 25, 2009 21:24 IST

Thane: A group of 6,000 persons from various remote parts of Thane district will be brought back to Hindu religion from their present Christianity at a function to be held in Thane tomorrow.

Spokesman of Swami Narendra Maharaj group today told reporters that with this, the goal of bringing back one lakh people to their original Hinduism from Christian community will be completed. He said that various organisations have helped to identify these hapless people, who were forced to convert into Christianity by several appeasements.

"So far, we have already completed conversion of 94,000 Christians into Hindus and one lakh number will be achieved in a two-year period, at the grand function tomorrow. These people were orignally in the Hindu community, but preferred to convert into Chrisianity as they found the grass green on the other side. Now, they are being brought back to Hinduism on their own without any force or any assurance," he said.

He added that for this special process, more than half a dozen pandits have been called and arrived from Ayodya. They are senior Gurus who are Shankaracharyas specially coming down for the purpose. The 94,000 persons, brought back to Hinduisam, include those in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Karnatka, and Andhra Pradesh. Of the 94,000, around 40,000 are from Maharashtra, he added.

The function will be held with all Hindu rites.

LINK
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Six thousand to reconvert as Hindus in Thane tomorrow

Sounds like political stuntbaji.. but good .. to the Swamiji
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old October 26th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Good if Congress and BJP co-orperate, we can reconvert lot of the converted ones back to Hinduism. Now since Congress has won in Maharshtra it can help doing so.
Hindus can always be devided into castes easily,so Congress should not mind these re-conversions.

Imagine if the same thing has happened under Modi
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:50 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

I demand 10% reservations for the reconverted..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old October 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

This is like, take them out of the frying pan, put them in the fire for some time (roast), and then put them back in the frying pan

How is all this conversion/reconversion going to help them in day-to-day living? Had they really ever converted? Isn't converting to christianity just another way of hinduism... another path to god?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

How is all this conversion/reconversion going to help them in day-to-day living? Had they really ever converted? Isn't converting to christianity just another way of hinduism... another path to god?
I don't think its going to help on a day to day basis at all. See Sane, its like this...many people (me included) fall back on God for moral/emotional support in times of need. In Christianity they preach that if you believe in Jesus, He will take all your burdens (and many more promises in those lines are made). People fall for that. They feel disheartened that Jesus didn't come to rescue as promised just because they pray or keep blaming that they are sinners etc.
When they realize that Christianity isn't what they thought would give them, they attempt to change back to what they believed in originally.

In some cases they change their religion by force and in a few cases by social pressure.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I don't think its going to help on a day to day basis at all. See Sane, its like this...many people (me included) fall back on God for moral/emotional support in times of need. In Christianity they preach that if you believe in Jesus, He will take all your burdens (and many more promises in those lines are made). People fall for that. They feel disheartened that Jesus didn't come to rescue as promised just because they pray or keep blaming that they are sinners etc.
When they realize that Christianity isn't what they thought would give them, they attempt to change back to what they believed in originally.

In some cases they change their religion by force and in a few cases by social pressure.
They do fall for that , but also the money that is distributed by these missionaries to convert . For most of them convertees its all about the money ..
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Conversion/reconversion can give them some small money in short term and huge money in long term to become suicide bombers or separatists.

Any religion which preaches that someone is absolute is not a form of Hinduism. Converting to Sikkhism/Jainism/Buddhism is not an issue.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Conversion/reconversion can give them some small money in short term and huge money in long term to become suicide bombers or separatists.

Any religion which preaches that someone is absolute is not a form of Hinduism. Converting to Sikkhism/Jainism/Buddhism is not an issue.
But go to a christian Indian's home... you will see pictures of Krishna... Sai baba... Durga... and what all... all residing next to Jesus and Mary. And the rituals they perform is mostly hindu rituals. So, how are they different then a common hindu? I agree with that RSS leader who said that christianity should be made a part of hinduism. Christianity... not islam. I have never seen any other religion in a muslim home... and their homes smell of blood at all times. Sorry, but I am not being baised when I say that.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is like, take them out of the frying pan, put them in the fire for some time (roast), and then put them back in the frying pan

h->c $$$$
c->h RsRs..

h--i. 72....
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
h->c $$$$
c->h RsRs..

h--i. 72....
very interesting... lemme see if I get it right..
From Hinduism to Christianity for Dollars..
From Christianity to Hinduism for Rupees..
From Hinduism to Islam for 72 virgins...

No wonder, christians form the largest populace... get $$$ and buy 72+ virgins+non-virgins... that too in this world itself... Hinduism has nothing to offer in this regard...It should offer one virgin at least...

Old October 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
But go to a christian Indian's home... you will see pictures of Krishna... Sai baba... Durga... and what all... all residing next to Jesus and Mary. And the rituals they perform is mostly hindu rituals. So, how are they different then a common hindu? I agree with that RSS leader who said that christianity should be made a part of hinduism. Christianity... not islam. I have never seen any other religion in a muslim home... and their homes smell of blood at all times. Sorry, but I am not being baised when I say that.
Thats why conversion to Christianity and that too evangelist Catholic one is more dangerous because there is an element of deceit there and the converted leaders can do a strategic harm as they can attract all sections.

You never have Muslim Chief Ministers(even Congress doesn't allow them ) but you have converted Christian CMs sporting very big Tilaks. These are small time tricks to fool Hindus.

USA is a Potestent+Judaism mix which is close to Hinduism and i.e USA attracts us but don't confuse that with Christianity practised in Middle Europen countries.
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Thats why conversion to Christianity and that too evangelist Catholic one is more dangerous because there is an element of deceit there and the converted leaders can do a strategic harm as they can attract all sections.

You never have Muslim Chief Ministers(even Congress doesn't allow them ) but you have converted Christian CMs sporting very big Tilaks. These are small time tricks to fool Hindus.

USA is a Potestent+Judaism mix which is close to Hinduism and i.e USA attracts us but don't confuse that with Christianity practised in Middle Europen countries.
Wasn't it you who claimed sometime ago in a post that christians never visit Hindu temples etc etc

Old October 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Wasn't it you who claimed sometime ago in a post that christians never visit Hindu temples etc etc
Yes sometimes they would visit if Hindus shove down their brand of secularism down their throat or they will visit to tell Hindus how silly they are in their beliefs.

Believe me when it comes to secularism I found muslims much more believable than the evenagelist ones.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Junior eCharchan

mammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
h->c $$$$
c->h RsRs..

h--i. 72....
But from where they get so many virgins?
Its difficult to find a single one now.