eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Was Lord ram Non Vegeterain ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
Maybe the Varna system was introduced by brahmins
We dont even know in the first place who introduced this system ... Second even if we know, how is it going to make you any closer to Vedas or the word of God (if He exists)

Quote:
but in the beginning, It was not based on birth and was in fact the most fundamental division of society. The concept itself is nothing different from what we see in today's society.
In the society or in the crowd, you dont need a concept ... but if you take generality as a concept then a crowd does satisfy some fundamentals that could be generalized ... for example, there is ofcourse a leader who for some good reasons is selected by the crowd to lead them ... then there are some chosen people among the crowd (chosen by the leader) to tend to the leader ... and then there are friends of those chosen ones and so on ... One does not need a varna system to be put in place so that humans follow what they are supposed to be doing in their life ...
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
eCharchan

King has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena
do u need to know micro-processor architecture before u use your comp...KING...and do u ask every person u meet about their proficiency/authority first while discussing 'trivial' issues ....why dont u concentrate on objections raised in posts rather than confirming the authority/proficiency of the person who asked it...hit the post KING..not the poster....golden law of discussions ( and then trivial thing like baby/sweety too will become a non-issue )....see....there is so much we will learn from u if u can bring facts and figures..two days back..i dint know buddha was a non-vegeterian...see....

anyways...i dont mind if u see me ignorant on this issue as much as i see u ignorant on what i feel (punchword is -I FEEL) ...PEACE
Well!! .. you were the one who said that the vedas were changed and that what we have today is a modified version. I believe such a claim requires some backing and hence I asked ....Also that brahmins have completely changed the religion and the whole matter becomes quite serious as you seem to be asking for the killing of brahmins based on your statements.

But I do agree that I could have probably have asked the question a bit differently...what proof do we have of all the brahmin manipulations of the vedas?
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well!! .. you were the one who said that the vedas were changed and that what we have today is a modified version. I believe such a claim requires some backing and hence I asked ....Also that brahmins have completely changed the religion and the whole matter becomes quite serious as you seem to be asking for the killing of brahmins based on your statements.

But I do agree that I could have probably have asked the question a bit differently...what proof do we have of all the brahmin manipulations of the vedas?
yaara...i am waiting for the photocopies of the articles that my cousins will send me (written by my nanaji)...if this thread is active...i will scan and put them here...it has all the reference to show how the original hindu religion was twisted and turned more so by brahmins...btw it has references to shastras etc

recently I came across lots of literature that was part of anti-brahminism movement post independence....but as u said..i was more interested to know how vedic hinduism got polluted....letz c when i get the documents...

off-record-

1.you might be interested in reading one guy named periyar from tamilnadu who spearheaded the anti-brahminism movement....his literature in worth reading (just reading coz personally speaking i give a shit to such topics in day-2-day life)

2. watch dharm movie starring pankaj kapoor...the climax is ...that would give you some insight about vedic hinduism...
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what proof do we have of all the brahmin manipulations of the vedas?
King what prove do we have that Vedas are the words of God in the first place and in the second place, whether God made sure that the interpretations were as per the meaning what he wanted humans to take ...
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari
Buddha is Vishnu.

Krantibhai ... welcome ... again ... for the 6th time in six years.

Buddha was as human as rest of us except he attained Nirvana which did not mek him an automatic Vishnu avtara.

You saw then not worship idols? Buy the way, Hindus do not worship idols. They worship Gods.

Agree in part. We Hindus do not worship idols ... so true. But we don't worship Gods either. We worship individual gods for particular power and individual strain of strength they possess. For instance we pray to Goddess Saraswati for knowledge.

Vedas were there even before people existed.

This is crap! If you can't dezzel them with brilliance, baffle them with ... and rest of the BS that follows .... Krantibhai?
Someone explen to me Veda of bloody short message shit.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Anuradha

Anuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant futureAnuradha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
This is crap! If you can't dezzel them with brilliance, baffle them with ... and rest of the BS that follows .... Krantibhai?

Someone explen to me Veda of bloody short message shit.
wat do u know? mr. Krantikari has mor knowledge n lit pinky finger

leas u can do s keep quite

listn to ppl who know n learn

buda khusat

Blissfully single again.

mein sharif aur nek ladki hon
juth kah ne whalon se
sakht nafrat heh muj koh

63" tall. 58 k. MA Eng. V Beautiful. V Fair. Homely. Lyk cooking. Mix o old & mod. Lyk Sari & Skirt blouse. I don't lyk nightlife. No drinking. Sec. in MNC. I seek life partner. Ind US Aust, Caneda Europ. Financially indep. Lovin & Carin. Religion no bar. Tall, Fair. Not fat. Send pvt message.
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena

and if iem not wrong...the guys were even not allowed to enter temple premises...

Remove your anti-brahmin tinted glasses and think logically. What guys are you talking about? Do you think Brahmins were wealthy or they had complete control over matters ? Brahmins like others were puppets of Rajas (mostly Kshatriyas) and they could have changed whatever bad points you are talking about. And what evidence do we have to come to conclusion of what Brahmins did 2000 years ago ? Brahmins are not stupid enough to destroy any such evidence or suddenly other dumb castes (according to your point) have become super intelligent and started looking into Vedas? Brahmins did not do _anything_ wrong, they were treated as religious people by other people and they defined their own meaning of religion and other people followed them. It would be stupid to say that Brahmins were rulers and forced other people to follow what they followed. If people think there is other way of following hindu religion then why not go ahead and follow your own way.
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Remove your anti-brahmin tinted glasses and think logically. What guys are you talking about? Do you think Brahmins were wealthy or they had complete control over matters ? Brahmins like others were puppets of Rajas (mostly Kshatriyas) and they could have changed whatever bad points you are talking about. And what evidence do we have to come to conclusion of what Brahmins did 2000 years ago ? Brahmins are not stupid enough to destroy any such evidence or suddenly other dumb castes (according to your point) have become super intelligent and started looking into Vedas? Brahmins did not do _anything_ wrong, they were treated as religious people by other people and they defined their own meaning of religion and other people followed them. It would be stupid to say that Brahmins were rulers and forced other people to follow what they followed. If people think there is other way of following hindu religion then why not go ahead and follow your own way.
Anti Brahmin ahem ahem .My dear friend i think you should get into history and you will see that initially it was not caste by birth but caste by work like it is today where u can see a clerk being a brahmin and a vaishya being a IAS nothing wrong in that.It should always be caste by your work and not caste by your birth.
Now second point if you can really see the stories and epics what you will see is that brahmins were super rich and they controlled state affairs infact the kings were puppets.Whterver these gurus said was dharm and whtever they opposed was adharm.Brahmins usually controlled all they used rajas to protect them and let him live peacefully and raja took all the headache of running govt.
The guys didnt get super intelligent but yes they became educated initially if u see the brahmins made a rule that only certain people got educated so wht they did was secure themselves.Wonder this whole debate wouldnt be here if all the people would have had the right to education at that time
SO in a way accept it or not the Brahmins just were damn selfish at that time to make rules that favoured them most and they implemented it so cleverly that it became law.
Sorry if it offends any brahmins here but its true and you need to accept it though i got so many good brahmin friends but that doesnt negate the bad work done by our ancestors
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

A very funny thread... this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I dont know if this is right or wrong, but my understanding was that in Hindu way of life, a cow was considered sacred as it provided complete nutrition by way of milk, which also was used to make butter and curd. Cow dung was used to make dry patties which were used for burning as fuel. Also cow dung was used as a plastering agent for houses made of wood and leaves and other things. However, I dont know of any other 'rule' whereby eating non vegetarian food was prohibited.
I was recently discussing with a couple of american friends about the various cuts that are made for beef. Steak from the shoulder, tenderloins from the... ah... loins, ribs from ribs... etc. etc. It seemed like no part of the cow was wasted, as the remaining was then chopped up and made into sausages... and hot dogs. So, my question to them was, if they made all this use of a cow... then how come they don't worship the cow

One guy responded, "Of course we worship the cow... we simply adore it"

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Saxena Sahib ... with all due respects ... there is much you can learn and practice from Bhagwad Gita, Ramayana, and Mahabharta ... ethics and the morals.

Vedas and Puranas ... fossils of ancient ethics ... won't do no good to no one no way not today.

Old July 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy69
... i got so many good brahmin friends ...
hahaha just like a muslim basher has a lot of good muslim friends.
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
... ancient ethics
Hinting that ethics have changed ... ok ... Why drag good ol Vedas to this?
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
My religion grants upon me the wisdom and right to question, deduce, and accept or reject and never accept in blind faith. I should have been more specific ... Upanishads are fossil junk of old philosophy.

Vedas ... we recite the Mantras not knowing a word of Sanskrit. Brahmins recite shlokas from Vedas at weddings and the rest not knowing true meaning of the five thousand year old hymns.

Old July 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
KrantiPai, I think ethics as such do not have a strong standing when it comes to appealing to different people of different backgrounds and even the situations to which they may or may not apply ...

ethics should not be a single word ... it should be two words "ethical dilemma"

About Vedas, since they are meant to be timeless, I am assuming that that they are not supposed to be eternal from the perspective of "never born, never dead" but the wisdom is supposed to be universal, timeless etc etc ...

But then that is the claim of every other scripture be it coming from the east or the west ... and we dont need any rigorous proof to see how good the pudding has come ... because as I see it, we still have one among a million getting enlightened and that person is not the one who has followed the vedas ... infact they left Vedas for their flowery language and complex rituals to find something else that got them closer to their selves ...
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
hahaha just like a muslim basher has a lot of good muslim friends.
nice catch KrantiPai, I must say you are one attentive echarchan