eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old December 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Self-Restraint v/s No Restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
Ok what else do you want him to cite or explain. There is one more thing he translated and explained? Since you have not listed here, I would add it ... The Yoga Sutras. Yes, the one from Patanjali. He has provided ample discussion about it along with the translations.

Please mind your language. I will edit and moderate and this is a warning to you

So, you want to explain this also, for what purpose. Can you please enlighten here an example of any faith that has also provided simultaneously a chronology of events in the Vedantic sphere ... I dont understand this logic of yours, why should someone explain or describe a faith that was not there around 3000-5000 BC

What is the Vedantic sphere?

If there is only one entity called "God", "all roads should lead to Rome"

Therefore, any person talking about religion in public MUST either show that his way(s) leads to the same destination as others, or convincingly refute other ways. What is the point of public speaking if you cannot clarify your way and show how it fits with others' way?

This is where all the previous incarnations/avatars/siddhas/gurus etc have missed. Maybe because each one knew that in exposing others, his ways would be exposed as well

Which chronology are you not happy with, you can conveniently try to delete it ...

I would again request you to be a gentleman when you criticize some Spiritual Personality ...

Please provide a reference ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Yuk...e_Holy_Science

Sri Yukteswar apparently has discovered a flaw in Hindu chronology of Yugs

Note that this guy's fella, the great swan Yogananda was in USA contemporarily with Vivekanand

There may or may not be a reference. You probably may be aware of the nature of scriptural translations ... So would you change your belief system if the Hindu Scriptures would have talked about the existence of Dinosaurs?

So now, you tacitly indicate that religion is but a "belief system" after all. If it is a belief, there should not be a debate. Just like existence of God is just part of a belief system

For your information, mahabharat ended around 5000 years BC, and the ancient Egypt developed over at least three and a half millennia. It began with the incipient unification of Nile Valley polities around 3150 BC and is conventionally thought to have ended in 31 BC.

I have a wishlist too with reference to the Hindu Scriptures. They should have predicted the existence of Egyptian Pyramids in the coming 2000 years ...

Mahabharat ending was contemporary with beginning of Egyptian civilization, and a thousand years later the great Pyramids were built, so there were other cultures and civilizations around when Mahabharat occurred and yet none of these cultures recorded Mahabharat and vice-versa....so this sloppy date-keeping or closed mentality on part of "Hindus" has caused lot of confusion. But because it is the same deal in all religions or history...it causes one to think...maybe its all MYTH

Here is my source of information, what is yours?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egypt

Please specify which ones are loose which ones are not exactly consistent and may be we can take it up in a new thread ...

--LandYA
Is hamam mein sabhi nange hain

Last edited by dhurandhar; December 9th, 2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: The website has timing problem, I lost quite a few hours in the past because of writing a lengthy post. So, now writing in pieces.
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
I
actually, tantu I can give examples of 24 Tirthankaras from Jains but that is not relevant here, I guess ... may be later ... I have read somewhere (I think in BG) that being born in a great or well-to-do family is a great opportunity and is the result of past good actions which then allows this personality in this life or future to achieve moksha in a much easier way (I mean leaving aside the usual life-problems that a common man may face). I am just wondering at that time, may be Lord Buddha did what he realized he could do? Unfortunately, I dont know about the customs that were there for women of that time ... (and probably that is not the point of discussion of this thread here)
yes i belive this is from SrimadBhagvadGita.

Landya-Bhai....as i said earlier....it is not worth discuss with Dhurru...such serious topics.
he again abused another Great personality-Mahatma Budhh
he will continue to do this....untill this discussion will not End
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana
yes i belive this is from SrimadBhagvadGita.

Landya-Bhai....as i said earlier....it is not worth discuss with Dhurru...such serious topics.
he again abused another Great personality-Mahatma Budhh
he will continue to do this....untill this discussion will not End

This only shows how much unstable you and LandYA pai are. A few keystrokes can cause you an extreme irritation, and you want to discuss philosophy and metaphysics.

Its like saying that you want to discuss crap but get nauseated when somebody offers you crap
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
This only shows how much unstable you and LandYA pai are. A few keystrokes can cause you an extreme irritation, and you want to discuss philosophy and metaphysics.

Its like saying that you want to discuss crap but get nauseated when somebody offers you crap
Dhurru atleast we are not abusing any Great personalities?.

you can continue discussion without abusing any Great personalities.
bhai ye kaisi otherwise theory hai aapki?
why you do that ?....you feel proud by abusing great personalities???.
Swami Vivekanand is a well respected hindu figur around the world.
And we Hindu accept Mahatma Budhh as Avtaar of Lord Krishna.

yaar you are abusing our religion.....please do'nt do this. ..i am not issuing a Fatwa agains you like mullah do....but atleast we can resist you to abuse HINDUISM.

LandyaBhai...please moderate Dhurrus post where he abused Lord Buddha/Swami Vivekanand or Prabhupaadji maharaaj.
thanks
max de indiana.

Last edited by max de Indiana; December 10th, 2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Thanks for providing your wonderful insights on me, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Yukteswar, and so many others ... I am sure you have been awarded with supernatural powers that allows you to comment on Respected Personalities and mere mortals like us as if They and we were YOU.

Quote:
you can continue discussion without abusing any Great personalities ... please moderate Dhurrus post where he abused Lord Buddha/Swami Vivekanand or Prabhupaadji maharaaj.
Yes, I know I have been made a moderator ... I am just wondering why waste my energies where there is no possibility of a decent discussion ...
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LandyBhai...please moderate Dhurrus post where he abused Lord Buddha/Swami Vivekanand or Prabhupaadji maharaaj.
We are trying to exercise Self-restraint ?? Right?? From being labeled as having a vegetative mind to outrightly calling us as "Total Idiots" and considers "kicking my ass" as his sole purpose, I just wonder what should I consider?

As one great personality said, "A person's character can be judged by the way he treats persons of lower social stature. I just wonder what conclusion should we draw about the character of a person that disrespects a great Spiritual Personality w/o any remorse.

And personally, I had to stop myself from bringing my anger while dealing with *rash* echarchans like him. So many warnings but to no effect. If were echarcha, and I had the power I would have given a final warning and then after that I would have banned him. This is my take.

Yes, but nobody has tied the hands of other echarchans (including Yogiji, my fellow moderator, who seems to not able to see his utter disrespect to Spiritual Personalities). I am clueless. Why is it that other mods dont see it. Other echarchans dont see this nonsense. Maybe this is what we all want from echarcha.com ... Exploit the anonymity to the fullest extent to say whatever BS because they know that they are not to be held accountable. I know that besides my anonymity, I am accountable to myself. I know that a debate can progress without any need to cause disrespect to anybody. But may be what I have envisioned for echarcha.com is not what others see?

I am personally very much ashamed to be a part of this whole nonsense and I wonder is it time to decide what is more important ... participating here or wisely using my time and energies to gather like-minded people who are atleast respectful during debates ...

--LandYA

P.S.: Dhurandhar, I know what would be your reply to this post. So, please by all means do what you are good at. I know the reply to this post by other(s) will result in two ways. One way where we can have healthy discussions and the other where I will not be a party to such threads or discussions.

Last edited by landyaBhai; December 9th, 2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Dhuru,

I am not a philospoher nor a very learned and knowledgable person but I understand that grea folks like Vivekananda did a lot of good for Hinduism.

Though I understand your view that there should be action not just words, I think we need atleast one yugpurush like Vivekananda or Paramhans to speak and show us the way.
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Dhuru,

I am not a philospoher nor a very learned and knowledgable person but I understand that grea folks like Vivekananda did a lot of good for Hinduism.

Though I understand your view that there should be action not just words, I think we need atleast one yugpurush like Vivekananda or Paramhans to speak and show us the way.
All right guys, I PLEDGE not to hurl anymore "insults" at spiritual or non-spiritual personalities

Cha pai, please close this thread,...and LandYA start a new thread for insult-free discussions
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:33 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but nobody has tied the hands of other echarchans (including Yogiji, my fellow moderator, who seems to not able to see his utter disrespect to Spiritual Personalities). I am clueless. Why is it that other mods dont see it. Other echarchans dont see this nonsense.
roflmao @ Dhurendherbhai the catalyst!

Landyabhai ... he has just helped strenthen our resolve, our views and our respect for Swami Vivekanand and you want Dhurendherbhai to be punished? For doing us a favor?

I must copy/paste my earlier post in this thread ... with all due respects.

Copy/paste : Landyabhai ... a person of low status in life such as meself ... forgive me for taking liberties with you.

You need to ask yourself a question ... Dhurendherbhai agrees with you ... sees eye to eye with you ... admires your heroes ... hates your heels ... why is his agreement so important to you? I know why ... but will leave for you to find the answer from within you. Very important for you take this step ... discover for yourself first ... what is "you", I believe.

Dhurendherbhai ... I personally believe ... is here to provide us with contrary thinking. Got to respect him for that ... not that we need to agree. Let's not fall in to what I might call intellectual homogenity shit. Its important that you welcome different perspectives as they will help counter your own personal biases, Very important for you to seek out alternatives opinions which challenge your own views which will only but stengthen your own.

And with this I must bid farewell to this thread but Landyabhai, I must leave you with a request ... please stop logging in as a moderator to enjoy the discussions. No cause for offense cause I gave the same message to Coolbhai and other moderatos even when I was not one.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Landyabhai ... he has just helped strenthen our resolve, our views and our respect for Swami Vivekanand and you want Dhurendherbhai to be punished? For doing us a favor?
See, I am the cause of all this ... If you are not aware, in the Hindu Scriptures, it is tantamount to Naam Apraadh. I will have to bear the consequences for this as I started the thread.

Quote:
I must copy/paste my earlier post in this thread ... with all due respects.

Copy/paste : Landyabhai ... a person of low status in life such as meself ... forgive me for taking liberties with you.

You need to ask yourself a question ... Dhurendherbhai agrees with you ... sees eye to eye with you ... admires your heroes ... hates your heels ... why is his agreement so important to you? I know why ... but will leave for you to find the answer from within you. Very important for you take this step ... discover for yourself first ... what is "you", I believe.

Dhurendherbhai ... I personally believe ... is here to provide us with contrary thinking. Got to respect him for that ... not that we need to agree. Let's not fall in to what I might call intellectual homogenity shit. Its important that you welcome different perspectives as they will help counter your own personal biases, Very important for you to seek out alternatives opinions which challenge your own views which will only but stengthen your own.
Contradictory views are helpful. I agree with that ... If you read this thread, I have contradictory views too, but that doesnt mean that I should push my views along with an insult to the Spiritual Personalities. I am sorry, I have tried my best to explain the situation to you. If you want I can try one more time ...

Quote:
And with this I must bid farewell to this thread
Yesterday, I was thinking of posting some of my views and some of what the great philosophers have said on the topic of Karma Yoga ... I was reading aphorisms from Jain munis. But you know what I dont want the same disrespect to continue for them too ... As it is I am the cause of this thread in the first place, so I will have to bear the consequences for the insult to these munis which our Dhurandhar will make without even thinking twice ... So why add or discuss when it is going to go that way ... Contradictory thinking is allowed and even good, but not this way ...not in Spiritual Forums ...

Quote:
but Landyabhai, I must leave you with a request ... please stop logging in as a moderator to enjoy the discussions. No cause for offense cause I gave the same message to Coolbhai and other moderatos even when I was not one.
Fortunately, I have stopped doing that ... and thanks to you because I realize I shouldnt bring my ego here ... and that is the reason why anyu insult to me has still been accepted and I have just given warnings of using my moderator power (havent used it exactly). The last time I used it with Termi's post and he still remembers and I knew that ... So, thanks for you and termi, I know my limits.

But with regard to Spiritual figures, there is absolutely no space for exceptions. It is said that Their position is exactly above Parents and sometimes even above God, for they give us the words, the wisdom and the inspiration in your mental and spiritual realms, that may cause a radical or a step-by-step change in our lives for the better ...

I apologize for if my posts have hurt you Tantuji, but that is what your position is and even others ... may be I am an IDIOT but still this is my position and I dont want to budge from it ... not in the spiritual forums ...

--LandYA
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:

See, I am the cause of all this ... If you are not aware, in the Hindu Scriptures, it is tantamount to Naam Apraadh. I will have to bear the consequences for this as I started the thread.

--LandYA
Reminds me of a JOKE

Once a Protestant goes to hell after his death....in the Hell, he is promptly greeted by the Satan who shows him around all the exotic things that Hell has to offer and at the end of the day shows him his dwelling place. The dwelling place is far superior and almost beyond imagination to any earthly dwelling he has seen or heard about. The food is also wonderful and clearly far more delicious then anything he had ever eaten on earth.

So come nighttime, he goes to sleep. In middle of the night he hears blood curdling screams from the neighbouring villa, and he promptly calls Satan to demand an explanation. Satan reassures him by saying that your neighbour is a Catholic and that Satan has a moral obligation to fulfill the imagination of hell as in Catholic's mind before death
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Proud LLKC member

The logo says "Loud and Proud Desi Opinions". Please tell me what are the things that you guys are all proud about with regard to this thread. There are a number of scenarios and aspects that I want you guys to look into:

(1) Assume a situation that somebody comes upto you and starts discussing about "Quantum Mechanics". Now, assume that you know a situation or u remember that when you were a student, the equation for Neil Bohr's that you had understood got revised today by some sceintist or may be got debunked (in the extreme case). So tell me, does that justify you or anybody to call that person a CONMAN, a TOTAL IDIOT?

(2) Now imagine the same situation that happens in the Spiritual Science, which by the way is a science that allows one to truly realize its concepts in your own inner SELF unlike theoretical or material sciences. Now lets assume that you were that lucky one, who happens to realize some beautiful aspect or philosphy of some spiritual text and that changes your life or a certain aspect of it +vely. So what if there is a problem with a translation or what if the dating of that spiritual text does not agree with other texts of that same era. Would you stop experiencing that realization? Would you go about calling that person a CONMAN. Unfortunately most of us will do that? and that is nature of this world? (Upside Down as mentioned in BG) ... We will abuse that scripture what we have experienced in our own self and we will not do that if that happens to be a Neils Bohr equation ...

(3) Consider another realistic situation that applies very well to the age of Information Highway i.e. our Internet. How many of you buy any electronics or any item w/o looking at CNET reviews or a book w/o reading the reviews of its readers? I am sure at many times we have done that? Now, please goto google and type "Vivekananda, Self Restraint" ... What you are going to see is the pointer to this thread on echarcha? (if not now then may be Google will index it next week or month). Now tell me, are you proud of the opinions (specifically the abuses to Spiritual Personalities) that were expressed by our *anonymous* fellow member just because it was in his limited perception capability to understand the following:
(a) That Vivekananda did not recognize Buddha as exercising Self-Restraint.
(b) That Sri Ramkrishna did not become a brahmachari
(c) That Yogananda or his guru Sri Yukteswar made some mistake (which by the way is not yet proven or our fellow member does not understand his calculations) and he is labeled as CONMAN.

I am not proud of these abuses. I envision that such abuses are not necessary in a healthy discussion ... but then may be its just me ... you can label me as an IDIOT ...

(4) Tantuji has time and again helped me to not bring my ego as a Moderator. I am thankful to him for that ... But please look at this thread, all I have done is given warnings (nothing more/nothing less). As cooldude, once said that being a moderator is not a privelege. Somebody is bound to be pissed with you for no reason. I see no difference between a moderator and a sweeper that sweeps the roads. It is the job of the sweeper to remove the filth and the dirt. At times, he can request somebody to not puke at a certain place and he knows that he will be disrespected for that. This is because the sweeper is aware of the disrespect that is associated with his job. But that does not stop him from cleaning the streets or requesting somebody to not pee at a certain place ...

(5) Finally, I am surprised by the silence of other moderators and other serious echarchans. May be lovey is right, we all just come to see, write, and enjoy goo-and-tatti ... or may be not ... I have taken a stand not to allow anything like this or be a part of such "LOUD AND PROUD DESI OPINIONS" where disrespect to Spiritual Personalities is allowed without any repercussions and with complete abuse of Anonymity.

--LandYA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eclogo4.jpg (33.8 KB, 18 views)
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
The logo says "Loud and Proud Desi Opinions". Please tell me what are the things that you guys are all proud about with regard to this thread. There are a number of scenarios and aspects that I want you guys to look into:

(1) Assume a situation that somebody comes upto you and starts discussing about "Quantum Mechanics". Now, assume that you know a situation or u remember that when you were a student, the equation for Neil Bohr's that you had understood got revised today by some sceintist or may be got debunked (in the extreme case). So tell me, does that justify you or anybody to call that person a CONMAN, a TOTAL IDIOT?

Yes, it does. For example Aristotle and Ptolemy were a TOTAL IDIOTS. This is because they believed earth was at the center of universe.

It is also noteworthy that the Jain model of universe has Earth as its center and everything going around it.

(2) Now imagine the same situation that happens in the Spiritual Science, which by the way is a science that allows one to truly realize its concepts in your own inner SELF unlike theoretical or material sciences. Now lets assume that you were that lucky one, who happens to realize some beautiful aspect or philosphy of some spiritual text and that changes your life or a certain aspect of it +vely. So what if there is a problem with a translation or what if the dating of that spiritual text does not agree with other texts of that same era. Would you stop experiencing that realization? Would you go about calling that person a CONMAN. Unfortunately most of us will do that? and that is nature of this world? (Upside Down as mentioned in BG) ... We will abuse that scripture what we have experienced in our own self and we will not do that if that happens to be a Neils Bohr equation ...

These guys are great spiritualists because it is our mind that agrees to it and elevates them to high pedestal. I doubt Vivekanand and Patanjali would be as upset with my remarks about them.

Furthermore, anybody who talks about religion must be responsible. I believe that if the so called religious or spiritual person cannot reconcile with and/or debunk (ultimately clarifying the confusion) the other hypotheses (aka religions), the person should refrain from talking about their views in public.

People forget that Vivekanand only offers his OWN understanding and interpretation of what scriptures are. He did not write an ORIGINAL article.

(3) Consider another realistic situation that applies very well to the age of Information Highway i.e. our Internet. How many of you buy any electronics or any item w/o looking at CNET reviews or a book w/o reading the reviews of its readers? I am sure at many times we have done that? Now, please goto google and type "Vivekananda, Self Restraint" ... What you are going to see is the pointer to this thread on echarcha? (if not now then may be Google will index it next week or month). Now tell me, are you proud of the opinions (specifically the abuses to Spiritual Personalities) that were expressed by our *anonymous* fellow member just because it was in his limited perception capability to understand the following:
(a) That Vivekananda did not recognize Buddha as exercising Self-Restraint.
(b) That Sri Ramkrishna did not become a brahmachari
(c) That Yogananda or his guru Sri Yukteswar made some mistake (which by the way is not yet proven or our fellow member does not understand his calculations) and he is labeled as CONMAN.

What do you do when you buy any computer or electronic device based on popular reviews and find it is a gross misrepresentation? At best, you could communicate with consumer protection. There is no Bhakt Protection Agency in universe. So, the person may as well curse the guy who wrote a moronic or deceptive review.

I am not proud of these abuses. I envision that such abuses are not necessary in a healthy discussion ... but then may be its just me ... you can label me as an IDIOT ...

By failing to think otherwise, you demonstrate what you should be labeled as

(4) Tantuji has time and again helped me to not bring my ego as a Moderator. I am thankful to him for that ... But please look at this thread, all I have done is given warnings (nothing more/nothing less). As cooldude, once said that being a moderator is not a privelege. Somebody is bound to be pissed with you for no reason. I see no difference between a moderator and a sweeper that sweeps the roads. It is the job of the sweeper to remove the filth and the dirt. At times, he can request somebody to not puke at a certain place and he knows that he will be disrespected for that. This is because the sweeper is aware of the disrespect that is associated with his job. But that does not stop him from cleaning the streets or requesting somebody to not pee at a certain place ...

(5) Finally, I am surprised by the silence of other moderators and other serious echarchans. May be lovey is right, we all just come to see, write, and enjoy goo-and-tatti ... or may be not ... I have taken a stand not to allow anything like this or be a part of such "LOUD AND PROUD DESI OPINIONS" where disrespect to Spiritual Personalities is allowed without any repercussions and with complete abuse of Anonymity.

--LandYA
Short message ki aisi ki taise

Last edited by dhurandhar; December 10th, 2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Proud LLKC member

I actually wanted to add one more point:

(6) Imagine another hypothetical situation. Let's assume that one of your friends does not understand the nature of things that your father or mother is currently dealing with. He proposes that he is not happy with that as he happened to find a fault with your father. Now, it doesnt stop here. He also adds an abuse along with his contradictory statement. Now tell me, what would you do? I know what we all would do ...

(7) In a country where there has been a tradition of "Athithi Devo Bhava" meaning a guest visiting your *material* house is to be welcomed like God. I am just wondering, these spiritual personalities who actually enter our spiritual houses and inspire us to think deeper about our self, what would you do about these Athithi's.

--LandYA
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
I actually wanted to add one more point:

(6) Imagine another hypothetical situation. Let's assume that one of your friends does not understand the nature of things that your father or mother is currently dealing with. He proposes that he is not happy with that as he happened to find a fault with your father. Now, it doesnt stop here. He also adds an abuse along with his contradictory statement. Now tell me, what would you do? I know what we all would do ...

I don't know about you or anybody else. I would rather look at it objectively. If my father did something really stupid, and others call him a moron, I would not rejoice or join them in calling names but I would certainly talk to my father so that he realizes why he is being called names. If otherwise, I could care less.

However, I would not assault a person without looking into the heart of the matter and deciding objectively whether my father did actually do something stupid or otherwise.

As you may observe, your analogy is lame. This is because you cannot communicate your perspective to either Vivekanand or Patanjali or so-called "great spiritual personalities"

(7) In a country where there has been a tradition of "Athithi Devo Bhava" meaning a guest visiting your *material* house is to be welcomed like God. I am just wondering, these spiritual personalities who actually enter our spiritual houses and inspire us to think deeper about our self, what would you do about these Athithi's.

First and foremost, I would like you to tell me what is meant by the word Atithi. If you understand this word, you would not have made an analogy

--LandYA
Short message is too short