eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Self-Restraint v/s No Restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Landyabhai ... lets find something you two can agree upon. I dont see why you hesitate agreeing with Dhurendherbhai on his above quoted statement? Channelling the energies is the ultimate Yogic sadhna to achieve higher goals ... I believe.
I agree to that. There is no argument about that ... I just dont like the idea where a person just doesnt agree when provided proof to the contrary about that claim he has made about Vivekananda.

DhurPai has been or is in the academia and should very well know that when one of his argument has been proven wrong then he shouldnt stick to his guns. Yaar, what is the problem to agreeing that I have wrongly quoted "Swami Vivekananda that he did not acknowledge Buddha as having self-restraint".

At so many times, I have made mistakes but when proven to me, I take my wrong-statements back. He is neither acknowledging his mistake nor retracting his wrong statement. On the contrary, he is running on a rampage, quoting me and others like me as an IDIOT whom he has no remorse or guilt kicking a$$. Almost seems like the signature of some person who is awol these days

I have specifically pointed to 4 things that he claims and atleast on the 1st two points, I have proved him to the contrary by citing relevant authentic links. The person has to retract back atleast on those two statements. And if possible provide arguments in favor for the remaining two.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
I agree to that. There is no argument about that ... I just dont like the idea where a person just doesnt agree when provided proof to the contrary about that claim he has made about Vivekananda.

DhurPai has been or is in the academia and should very well know that when one of his argument has been proven wrong then he shouldnt stick to his guns. Yaar, what is the problem to agreeing that I have wrongly quoted "Swami Vivekananda that he did not acknowledge Buddha as having self-restraint".

At so many times, I have made mistakes but when proven to me, I take my wrong-statements back. He is neither acknowledging his mistake nor retracting his wrong statement. On the contrary, he is running on a rampage, quoting me and others like me as an IDIOT whom he has no remorse or guilt kicking a$$. Almost seems like the signature of some person who is awol these days

I have specifically pointed to 4 things that he claims and atleast on the 1st two points, I have proved him to the contrary by citing relevant authentic links. The person has to retract back atleast on those two statements. And if possible provide arguments in favor for the remaining two.
Landyabhai ... a person of low status in life such as meself ... forgive me for taking liberties with you.

You need to ask yourself a question ... Dhurendherbhai agrees with you ... sees eye to eye with you ... admires your heroes ... hates your heels ... why is his agreement so important to you? I know why ... but will leave for you to find the answer from within you. Very important for you take this step ... discover for yourself first ... what is "you", I believe.

Dhurendherbhai ... I personally believe ... is here to provide us with contrary thinking. Got to respect him for that ... not that we need to agree. Let's not fall in to what I might call intellectual homogenity shit. Its important that you welcome different perspectives as they will help counter your own personal biases, Landyabhai. For where you dwell and what you seek ... feelosfikelly peeking ... its very important for you to seek out alternatives opinions which challenge your own views ... you must earnestly seek views opposite to your own.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:

LandyaBhai...we have participated in Mushroom Thread...last year
and i hope we learned a Great lesson...from Dhurru.
his double smile after each sentence/his abusive attitude towards great personalities like Swami Vivekanand/Swami Prabhupaad ji Maharaj etc.

it means he is not serious about such threads...and it is not worth to discuss with him such serious topics...he is not ready.....he visit E-charcha only to laught

he is great....with politics related threads/Dirty jokes/ other light topics etc.

Dhurru....how dare you can Abuse..Swami...VivekaNand ....whithout knowing this Great
Personalities .
some time i feel...you are not Indian/Hindu.....or may be you are a communist/or may be associated with Naxal movement???????

Dhurru I used to like your posts...i said opnely this saveral time....but yaar please keep away yourself...with such serious threads.
you don't know....you have hurted...how many e-charchans ...by abusing Swami VivekaNand

this is LandyaBhai...who is stil polite with you even..after you insulted him.
Agar max de indiana hota to gussa hojata. ...phirse ek baar non-ending nai mahabharat e-charcha per shuru hojaati.

I think moderator must delete those abusive words...about Swami VivekaNanad.....it is a serious matter.
thanks.

Last edited by max de Indiana; December 4th, 2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why is his agreement so important to you? I know why ... but will leave for you to find the answer from within you. Very important for you take this step ... discover for yourself first ... what is "you", I believe.
Tantu, there is no need for somebody to be in agreement with me ... Thanks for pointing that out to me...

Quote:
Dhurendherbhai ... I personally believe ... is here to provide us with contrary thinking. Got to respect him for that ... not that we need to agree.
I dont know for what I should respect him ... his contrary thinking or his contrary disrespectedness toward great personalities w/o any convincing arguments, or for his adamantness where he still keeps hounding like a mad dog without looking at what others have cited ... I would have respected anybody who have told me "LandYA, look your hatred toward somebody is unjustified because it is based on something that you have wrongly assumed here" ... Neki Kar Dariya Mein Daal Aur Bhool Jaa ... Saala I pointed out to what exactly Swami Vivekanand says about Lord Buddha ... and instead of getting any +ve reply, I am to be told to exercise restraint ... I am and I have exercised restraint ... I did not label anybody as an IDIOT ... I am not looking for a vengeance with what Dhurandhar is looking for and that too without remorse or guilt ...

Quote:
Let's not fall in to what I might call intellectual homogenity shit. Its important that you welcome different perspectives as they will help counter your own personal biases, Landyabhai.
Yes, tantuji, remember I am and I have been convinced time and again from my actions and from other's feedback that I am an LLKC ... If you look into this thread, I have said that I am an Idiot but that doesnt justify me or somebody to wrongly keep on disrespecting others even when they have been proven wrong ...

Quote:
For where you dwell and what you seek ... feelosfikelly peeking ... its very important for you to seek out alternatives opinions which challenge your own views ... you must earnestly seek views opposite to your own.
Yes, definetly I would do that and with regard to this thread, I am quite sure whom to ignore and whom to consider ... I think it was my mistake to point out the wrong ideas that Swami Vivekananda was supposed to have according to Dhurru ... Self-restraint should have been on my table instead of going through a book and looking exactly to what Swami Vivekananda has to say about Buddha and then searching for it in GOOGLE and then finding a link and posting it for other(s) to realize ...
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:06 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Landyabhai ... not yet in full bloom ... my brens. Since I promised you a reply ... here is what I have to say for Dhurendherbhai. I believe he practices a good technique for addressing you among most of us as well people and issues ... "invert ... invert ... invert ..." ... if you were trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid, it would be more important for you to look for intelligent among us rather than counting idiot ones. Do you sense point I am trying to convey?

We see things not as they are but what we are. All of us wear colored glasses ... color we wear taints our view of the people, events, and issues ... great or small ... you must learn to tell who is wearing what color. Its not so difficult ... all it needs is little patience, awareness, and self-restraint from judging others before you have had the chance to know the color of their glasses. It will help if you recognise the color of your own glasses first.

Enough for today. Please do forgive me for I believe you are a much learned man and I have so much to learn from you. I believe this is your way of testing me for my knowledge ... sorry I fall short.

Old December 4th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
if you were trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid, it would be more important for you to look for intelligent among us rather than counting idiot ones. Do you sense point I am trying to convey?
Fortunately, I am not trying to prove that other echarchans are idiots or for that matter smart ... It is just a case in point, where someone has misquoted some great personality and I happen to cite the exact words that points out his mistake. I am just wondering how difficult is it for one to retract his statement ... and I am talking about just those statements that disrespect that personality ...

Quote:
We see things not as they are but what we are. All of us wear colored glasses ... color we wear taints our view of the people, events, and issues ... great or small ... you must learn to tell who is wearing what color. Its not so difficult ... all it needs is little patience, awareness, and self-restraint from judging others before you have had the chance to know the color of their glasses.
Yes, I am being patient for that person to retract his statement. Tantu, I dont want to classify certain echarchans as this or that, because personally speaking it is just plain BS and I dont have the luxury or the time to judge people ... It is a hard time to keep up with myself when faced with a myriad of situations ...

Quote:
It will help if you recognise the color of your own glasses first.
I think for this to happen, I have long way to go ... may be this life ... may be next ...

Quote:
Enough for today. Please do forgive me for I believe you are a much learned man and I have so much to learn from you. I believe this is your way of testing me for my knowledge ... sorry I fall short.
Why are you asking for forgivness? Believe me, I am happy that you are critical of my thoughts and try to put forth your own perspective ... that really helps ... Thanks
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Self-restraint should have been on my table instead of going through a book and looking exactly to what Swami Vivekananda has to say about Buddha and then searching for it in GOOGLE and then finding a link and posting it for other(s) to realize ...
I would say Thank-you for not restraining yourself from doing so much homework and posting the link here for our realisation.

Over weekend I gave your link to my husband .... he started to read it...and after that he went and googled some more about Swami Vivekananda...and found that his Chicago speech is online...He was very happy to find and listen to it. He spent almost 3 hours about reading which was other wise not possible...your thread acted like jump start.

One question - Any idea about those speeches on internet ...are they real one ?
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
I would say Thank-you for not restraining yourself from doing so much homework and posting the link here for our realisation.

Yes ... too bad it has to take little controversey to strengthen our belief ...

Over weekend I gave your link to my husband .... he started to read it...and after that he went and googled some more about Swami Vivekananda...and found that his Chicago speech is online...He was very happy to find and listen to it. He spent almost 3 hours about reading which was other wise not possible...your thread acted like jump start.

I am so glad. Us Hindus got so many heroes worthy of our admiration ... we dont need no charltans.

Let Landyabhai clearify that ... I presume not possible. But if you get a chance to read 1903 discourse delivered in Chicago by Vivekanand at a an all religions conference ... please do ... long speech but worth your time ... leaves you feeling good being a Hindu.

edit/add ... my bad ... apologies ... you were referring to Swami's 1903 speech. Lack of coffee does that to me.

Last edited by tantric_yogi; December 4th, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old December 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

I claim that I was Vivekanand in my previous incarnation, so I have the right to heap as many abuses as I like on my previous self

And yes, I am not going to retract any of my statements

Na na na na na Naa
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
I claim that I was Vivekanand in my previous incarnation, so I have the right to heap as many abuses as I like on my previous self

And yes, I am not going to retract any of my statements

Na na na na na Naa
Thanks for your insight ...
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:

Thanks.

Yes, most of Vivekananda's speeches are online. In particular, the complete works of Swami Vivekananda are available at the following link:
http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.in...lete_works.htm

I personally came across his speeches through his books. One of the first books that I have read is:

Vedanta Voice of Freedom by Swami Vivekananda
# Paperback: 328 pages
# Publisher: Vedanta Society of St. Louis (July 1990)
# Language: English
# ISBN: 0916356639

But the complete works is by far the most exhaustive list of articles and speeches by Swami Vivekananda.

I hope that helps.

--LandYA
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:

Dear LovetoSurfTai,

Since your hubby has read some of his speeches. I would love to hear from him. We could exchange thoughts, ideas, and his realizations. It is very difficult to find like-minded people who are in search of something and probably have a lot to share ... I am sure although this thread got derailed initially, his participation and even your's too is very welcome. Infact, I would like to invite echarchans from other faiths to contribute their experiences vis-a-vis working in a scenario without any explicit or implicit self-interest.

I welcome all of you personally and I am sure it would be an elevating experience to hear your realizations (however small it may be).

Your's In Humble Service,
--LandYA
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Fortunately, I am not trying to prove that other echarchans are idiots or for that matter smart ...
Landyabhai ... sorry ... I told you ... in fewchur I must refrain from replying with no caffeine in my sysem. This is what I meant to say: "if someone was trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid, it would be more important for you to look for intelligent among us rather than counting idiot ones. Do you sense point I am trying to convey?"

and NOT what I typed: "if you were trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid" ...

Correction ought to make some sense of what I meant ... I hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurenderbhai
I claim that I was Vivekanand in my previous incarnation,
I dont know about that one but do remember flowering you in few other incarnations ... I remember as if it was just yesterday ... you were beautiful and I was a young stud. Do you remember?

just kidding. Sorry.

Old December 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Landyabhai ... sorry ... I told you ... in fewchur I must refrain from replying with no caffeine in my sysem. This is what I meant to say: "if someone was trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid, it would be more important for you to look for intelligent among us rather than counting idiot ones. Do you sense point I am trying to convey?"

and NOT what I typed: "if you were trying to prove that all echarchans are stupid" ...

Correction ought to make some sense of what I meant ... I hope?
Oh Tantuji, tusi yaar great ho ... I mean, there was no need for a clarification. When I was replying to your previous statement, I was not sure whether that was the reply that I should give ... In fact, it sounds very arrogant of a reply from my side ... but then such is the nature of human behavior so unpredictable but still yet unique in its own way with its own unique identity ... and that's me ... Dont worry about it ...
Old December 5th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I dont know about that one but do remember flowering you in few other incarnations ... I remember as if it was just yesterday ... you were beautiful and I was a young stud. Do you remember?

just kidding. Sorry.
Oh, how could I forget....but then you could not de-flower me and I realized you were just a dud

Don't be sorry...I am not offended when struck with the same weapon that I use on others...Maybe that's why I have successfully managed to destabilize a few echans

Last edited by dhurandhar; December 5th, 2006 at 06:19 AM.