eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old May 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test-fired successfully

Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test-fired successfully

For a change something made by DRDO actually is successful!

Quote:
Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test-fired successfully

BALASORE (Orissa): Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile, with a range of 2000 km, was on Monday successfully test-fired by the Army as part of user trial from the Wheelers Island off Orissa coast.

The trial was conducted from a rail mobile system in Launch Complex-4 of Integrated Test Range (ITR) at around 9.15 am, defence sources said soon after the versatile surface-to-surface missile blasted off.

Data relating to various parameters of the mission's objectives was being analysed, the sources said.

Agni-II Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) has already been inducted into the services and Monday's test was carried out by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Army with logistic support from various laboratories and personnel of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

A DRDO scientist said it was a training exercise to familiarize the end-users with different operational conditions.

The entire trajectory of the trial was tracked by a battery of sophisticated radars, telemetry observation stations, electro-optic instruments and a naval ship located near the impact point in the down range of Bay of Bengal.

The 20-metre long Agni-II is a two stage, solid-propelled ballistic missile. It has a launch weight of 17 tonnes and can carry a payload of 1000 kg over a distance of 2000 km.

Agni-II was developed by Advanced Systems Laboratory along with other DRDO laboratories and integrated by the Bharat Dynamics Limited, Hyderabad, the sources said.

The missile is part of the Agni series which includes Agni-I with a 700 km range and Agni-III with a 3,500 km range, they said, adding that Agni-I has already been inducted and Agni-III is in the process of induction.

The first trial of Agni-II was carried out on April 11, 1999. Though some of the subsequent trials were successful, the user trial conducted on May 19, 2009 and the first night trial on November 23, 2009 from Wheelers Island could not meet all the parameters, they added.

LINK
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test-fired successfully

Ha ha
Suthakar pajji
Remember something, I said one day you would start believing DRDO and hopefully I would be in one piece and alive.
Just waiting for agni-v now.

Honestly my support to DRDO is just emotional not at all rational, because if I had thought rationally I would have stopped supporting them long before.
I saw project director of AGNI-3 weeping on TV when it failed.

Kya kare hum Indians thode jyada emotional hote hain naa?

jeetIAF
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Ha ha
Suthakar pajji
Remember something, I said one day you would start believing DRDO and hopefully I would be in one piece and alive.

Honestly my support to DRDO is just emotional not at all rational, because if I had thought rationally I would have stopped supporting them long before.

jeetIAF
Ha ha ha ha .. abhi to 'successfully fired' hain.. Now poor army has to ratify it, have more tests, actually see if it targets where it was supposed to.. Dont worry DRDO directors will have more chances to weep on TV

I posted the news as breaking news because for a change something actually flew which was made by DRDO

And I dont even know how many years were spent and how much over budget this program went
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Ha ha
Suthakar pajji

jeetIAF
He is Sutradhar,translation of admin in hindi
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Ha ha ha ha .. abhi to 'successfully fired' hain.. Now poor army has to ratify it, have more tests, actually see if it targets where it was supposed to.. Dont worry DRDO directors will have more chances to weep on TV

I posted the news as breaking news because for a change something actually flew which was made by DRDO

And I dont even know how many years were spent and how much over budget this program went
Theek hai paaji
Mujhe to bas us din ka intezar hain jis din aapko DRDO par vishwas hoga,

APJ kalam wept when Rohini-1 was unsuccessful, now ISRO launches 10 satellites using one rocket.
DRDO is 20 yrs younger (correct me if I am wrong here)
Thanks to satish dhawan, dr.braham praksh and Indira Gandhi for giving few more chances to APJ

Time to lagega naa, abhi yeh koi deepawali ka rocket nahi hain naa.

Well dekhte hain yeh finally induct hoti hai ya nahi.

jeetIAF
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Always on target

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
He is Sutradhar,translation of admin in hindi
Thanks for correction and translation as well.