eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old December 8th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Self-Restraint v/s No Restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai

5. Work for work's sake
If a man works without any selfish motive in view, does he not gain anything? Yes, he gains the highest. In the first place, a man who can work for five days or even for five minutes without any selfish motive whatever, without thinking of future, of heaven, of punishment, or anything of the kind, has in him the capacity to become a powerful moral giant. This self-control will tend to produce a mighty will, a character which makes a Christ or a Buddha.

And this is where I would say that the great swamiji is wrong. Christ or Buddha never worked without a motive. And my theory still stands, there has been no man or woman... before, now or in future... who is selfless. Btw, morality does not come from selflessness... in fact, morality is the epitome of selfishness. You are moral because you are selfish. But that doesn't mean that you are immoral because you are selfless or you are selfless if you are immoral.

Bas itna kaafi hai... I can't streamline my thoughts like you, o great one... mera mann batakthe rehta hai

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dear LovetoSurfTai,

Since your hubby has read some of his speeches. I would love to hear from him. We could exchange thoughts, ideas, and his realizations. It is very difficult to find like-minded people who are in search of something and probably have a lot to share ... I am sure although this thread got derailed initially, his participation and even your's too is very welcome. Infact, I would like to invite echarchans from other faiths to contribute their experiences vis-a-vis working in a scenario without any explicit or implicit self-interest.

I welcome all of you personally and I am sure it would be an elevating experience to hear your realizations (however small it may be).

Your's In Humble Service,
--LandYA
Thanks Landya...for the book and link. As far as he coming here and starting to debate will need another jump start...I will hope for the one...in the mean time I have conveyed your message to him.

During my visit to India in 2003 ..one of our American friend (single in 30's) asked me to get books on Swami Vivekananda, I grabbed what ever I found from shops in Kerala ..also we got few books posted from south part of Kerala. I got him almost more than 10 books...He is extreme fan of Swami Vivekananda...I always wondered when an American studies so much about him and I even didnot read any of those books ...i just handed over to him as I returned back. This is where I need a restraining mind ...when you feel something is good and I should know more about it...inspite of that realization I am unable to put my attention to it. There are quite few things for which I want to restrain my mind but I am not able to ...and I guess for that purpose we need to devote ourself to spiritual /philosophical teachings of great scholars.This is my thought..and I do work on it but not aggressively enough.I will write more later....
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
And this is where I would say that the great swamiji is wrong. Christ or Buddha never worked without a motive.
I am just clueless here ... Christ actually went to the cross for what? I am sure there was no selfishness involved there ... Infact what I have read is that when He was being nailed to the cross, He said something to the effect that "Lord, please forgive them for they do not know what they are doing?" Anybody an expert on this can please expound on this side of Christ? Please

Buddha had the opportunity to explore any pleasure that time an place could provide to Him. So, what was that selfish motive that led Him to exercise the kind of self-restraint that the world hasnt seen it yet even today ...

I think it was a selfless work with the attitude of utmost humility, which is beyond my intelligence to comprehend ...

Quote:
And my theory still stands, there has been no man or woman... before, now or in future... who is selfless.
As I just pointed out earlier from the examples of two exalting Personalities, that your theory is not quite right ...

Quote:
Btw, morality does not come from selflessness... in fact, morality is the epitome of selfishness. You are moral because you are selfish. But that doesn't mean that you are immoral because you are selfless or you are selfless if you are immoral.
I couldnt understand this ... can you please explain?

Quote:
Bas itna kaafi hai... I can't streamline my thoughts like you, o great one... mera mann batakthe rehta hai
Oh SanePai, now here I would say that I have my own selfish motive ... I just read those articles from book on Karma Yoga by Swami Vivekananda ... I thought that I will make some short summary and post it online, so that I can come back to it later ... these things are huge and small baby steps need to be taken and in case I forget what about something fundamental, I can come back to this thread and to these posts ...
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
Thanks Landya...for the book and link. As far as he coming here and starting to debate will need another jump start...I will hope for the one...in the mean time I have conveyed your message to him.
Thanks. It would be very welcoming to have him contribute whatever he has learnt or read or realized ... I will try not being a jerk or a moron although I cannot promise about the latter (or was it the former) Sometimes it goes beyond control when I have to talk with enlightened personalities like Dhurandhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
This is where I need a restraining mind ...when you feel something is good and I should know more about it...inspite of that realization I am unable to put my attention to it. There are quite few things for which I want to restrain my mind but I am not able to ...and I guess for that purpose we need to devote ourself to spiritual /philosophical teachings of great scholars.This is my thought..and I do work on it but not aggressively enough.I will write more later....
As they say, "So much to do and so little time". I think we all are micro-managers to some degree ... In some way or the other we all are trying to critically understand as what is that we want from life (in the long run) ... and that is good because then we can ignore some things that are unimportant and prioritize that would be very rewarding in long run in terms of peace and strong character, both spiritually and mentally.

Last edited by landyaBhai; December 8th, 2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am just clueless here ... Christ actually went to the cross for what? I am sure there was no selfishness involved there ... Infact what I have read is that when He was being nailed to the cross, He said something to the effect that "Lord, please forgive them for they do not know what they are doing?" Anybody an expert on this can please expound on this side of Christ? Please

Buddha had the opportunity to explore any pleasure that time an place could provide to Him. So, what was that selfish motive that led Him to exercise the kind of self-restraint that the world hasnt seen it yet even today ...
You have asked the question yourself, "Christ actually went to the cross for what?" The answer to that reveals whether Christ was selfish or selfless. Christ came to earth (this is what the christians think, foolishly me thinks) to save mankind (motive established). Same thing with Buddha... things were bothering him and he needed a resolution (again there's the motive). When Buddha went on his mission to find out what life is about, did he think that he wanted to save mankind? Probably not. He was being bothered with some basic things that he happened to notice, which caused him sleepless nights. So, to save himself from these thoughts, to find solutions, he left home.

So, if you understand where I am going with the above reasoning, you will realize that both Buddha and Christ were very selfish. Which brings us to the last statement of Christ, "Lord, please forgive them for they do not know what they are doing?". This would seem to indicate that Christ was very selfless... but who actually heard it? How did it come into the bible? The bible after all was written by men (inspired by god)... men who were disciples and followers of Christ. You think they actually heard Christ say these words? Nah...

Quote:
I couldnt understand this ... can you please explain?
To understand this, you need to ask yourself, "What are morals?"... you will find the answer yourself... you will get elt

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
You have asked the question yourself, "Christ actually went to the cross for what?"
Actually the dilemma itself answers the question ... to avoid getting accused of a little digression, I would like to bring your attention to the motive-based solution strategy employed by Criminal Detectives ... please dont get me wrong, but it is just an example that will probably help to understand what we are really talking about ...

So, agreed that it is very difficult to NOT have a motive for any action but then sometimes I think I have done things out of not worrying about the motive ... I mean, explaining things to my students ... no motive ... Doing Software Engineering for a code for BioInformatics which I am sure my boss is least bothered about ... Developing an extensive simulation engine that includes or allows detailed test cases ... although I know that is more than what my PhD advisor needs from me ... No motive just work and that too I am not guaranteed that I will get a pat on my back, saying good job ... But inherently, it feels satisfying (now you can say well that is my motive) ... I think there is a fine line (or I should say blurry line) where work as work with utmost dedication and returning benefits in terms of satisfaction are actually the two faces of the same coin ...

Quote:
The answer to that reveals whether Christ was selfish or selfless. Christ came to earth (this is what the christians think, foolishly me thinks) to save mankind (motive established). Same thing with Buddha... things were bothering him and he needed a resolution (again there's the motive). When Buddha went on his mission to find out what life is about, did he think that he wanted to save mankind? Probably not. He was being bothered with some basic things that he happened to notice, which caused him sleepless nights. So, to save himself from these thoughts, to find solutions, he left home.
I am very selfish to die or take abuse from somebody saying that "Lord forgive them for they dont know what they are doing?". I am very selfish to return back to my home country and start selling Jaggery or do agriculture in my mulook (or gaav) ... Dying for something and leading a life of severe penance takes a lot of self-restraint ... and also a very elevated motive that few of us can comprehend. I can agree with you that with such a generalization by Christians, we can be lead astray as to what Christ really said ... but the fact remains the same, He was put up on a cross for something which was definetly not selfish ... because if that would have been the case He would have relented ...

Quote:
So, if you understand where I am going with the above reasoning, you will realize that both Buddha and Christ were very selfish.
As for Buddha, I dont know what to say ... I mean, personally I have tried fasting for one day w/o water and w/o food ... It is not a good situation ... Yes, I have a motive to understand my spiritual self ... But the resolve cannot from a selfish motive. Yes, a stronger resolve can come from a selfless motive ...

Quote:
To understand this, you need to ask yourself, "What are morals?"... you will find the answer yourself... you will get elt
Probably we are going on a tangent on this? How about you start a new thread on this and we can discuss it there ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; December 8th, 2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sometimes it goes beyond control when I have to talk with enlightened personalities like Dhurandhar
You mean, like this ?

Not diverting, just giving an example; you continue.
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR
You mean, like this ?

Not diverting, just giving an example; you continue.
termi, tereku yaad hai ... yeh kissa
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks. It would be very welcoming to have him contribute whatever he has learnt or read or realized ... I will try not being a jerk or a moron although I cannot promise about the latter (or was it the former) Sometimes it goes beyond control when I have to talk with enlightened personalities like Dhurandhar

Vivekanand and others only talk...the great master Dhurs-Tzu actually awakens you by kicking your ass

If it goes beyond control, that means you are not practicing restraint. Your mind likes to enter into analytical type debates so that it can avoid having to PRACTICE restraint

Each time you get excited or upset about my posts, just take a deep breath and try to figure out where does all the anger come from? Who becomes angry at Dhurandhar's outrageous remarks? Where does the outrage go after one week?
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Vivekanand and others only talk...the great master Dhurs-Tzu actually awakens you by kicking your ass

If it goes beyond control, that means you are not practicing restraint. Your mind likes to enter into analytical type debates so that it can avoid having to PRACTICE restraint

Each time you get excited or upset about my posts, just take a deep breath and try to figure out where does all the anger come from? Who becomes angry at Dhurandhar's outrageous remarks? Where does the outrage go after one week?
This is what is known as serendipity I was supposed to get enlightened in this life ... for that I had to have JaiPai as my roomie, who had to become a frequent visitor at echarcha, who had to tell me about echarcha, and I had to join it, had to save maxi's ass in that mushroom thread, had to have a decent argument with u, leave echarcha only to come back ... and again have a discussion on Vivekananda ... I hope I get to my goal ...

--LandYA
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:37 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Self-Restraint v/s No Restraint

Quote:
Yes ... Master ... right are tho. I seem to hev missed something ... thread lost its soul.

Apples and oranges. Lives of great sages, karma yogis and Bodhi Yogis being diskussD in sem sem thred ... how is this possible?

Landyabhai ... Budha attained mokhsha ... showed us the way to mokhsha. He was lucky being born in to Royal family. If some arsole or village idiot did what Lord Budha did ... akha ganv uske uper thookta ... "Salla tere ko biwi bachha nahee maangta to penchot saadi byaah kaahe ko banaye ... bichaari abod abla nari ke saath byaah banaya aur uska akha life barbad kyaa na be tu Chewtiya ... ager ke sadhu hee banNa tha to tu saadi kaahe ko banaya be?"

Hindu history (?) is full of colorfull characters and sages ... each in his or her (Mirabai) own way have recorded their spiritual experiences ... providing us with spiritual literature so vast and extensive.

Ancient times were when Hindu philosophy came in to being ... sages Valmiki (Ramayana), Vyasa (compiled Vedas, Puranas), Patanjali (author of Raja Yoga Sutras), Vasishtha (great exponent of non-dualistic philosophy) whose teachings are recorded in Yoga Vasishtha.

Middle ages gave us sages such as Sant Tulsidas, Kabira, Chaitanya Mahabrabhu and of course Guru Nanak. They gev us no new form of Hinduism or philosophjy ... no sir no ... they filled our religion and culture with devotional contributions. I forgot to mention Mirabai and Surdas.

Now we come to sages of recent times ... Shri Ram Krishna Paramhans was fortunate to have Swami Vibekanad for desciple. Paramhans although a devotee of Goddess Kali also was at the sem sem tem a symnamic exponent of Vedantic philosophy ...

Dhurenderbhai ... bow your head to the great Swami Vivekanada for he achieved in his short life like no other before him. He single handedly brought vitality and dynamism in the understending of our Hindu culture and its philosophys ... he is very much responsible for revival of Hinduism in 20th century. He was a Karma Yogi.

I think enough ... forgot my reading glasses in the car. Heving problem seeing wat I typing.

edit/add: while waiting for my reading glasses ... so you see now Dhurenderbhai ... while ancient Yogis gave us our philosophy ... while middle ages Sages and Yogis filled our religion with devotion ... it was left to our recent Yogis to revive once again philosophy of Vedantic Hinduism. Sri Ramkarishna Pramhans, Swami Vivekananada. Swami Rmatritha, Ramana Maharishi, Arbindindo, Tagore and last bu not the least Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi brough idealism of Hindu philosophy into the field of politics. His exemplary life of self-descipline, purity, and adherence to the truth contributed to a new vitality in the religious understanding of mankind. Swami Vivekanad dwells with the greats of our religion.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; December 9th, 2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Yes ... Master ... right are tho. I seem to hev missed something ... thread lost its soul.
Apples and oranges. Lives of great sages, karma yogis and Bodhi Yogis being diskussD in sem sem thred ... how is this possible?
I think this thread is discussing about Karma Yoga ... Some examples of exalting personalities are also discussed here in light to self-less actions ...

Quote:
Landyabhai ... Budha attained mokhsha ... showed us the way to mokhsha. He was lucky being born in to Royal family. If some arsole or village idiot did what Lord Budha did ... akha ganv uske uper thookta ... "Salla tere ko biwi bachha nahee maangta to penchot saadi byaah kaahe ko banaye ... bichaari abod abla nari ke saath byaah banaya aur uska akha life barbad kyaa na be tu Chewtiya ... ager ke sadhu hee banNa tha to tu saadi kaahe ko banaya be?"
actually, tantu I can give examples of 24 Tirthankaras from Jains but that is not relevant here, I guess ... may be later ... I have read somewhere (I think in BG) that being born in a great or well-to-do family is a great opportunity and is the result of past good actions which then allows this personality in this life or future to achieve moksha in a much easier way (I mean leaving aside the usual life-problems that a common man may face). I am just wondering at that time, may be Lord Buddha did what he realized he could do? Unfortunately, I dont know about the customs that were there for women of that time ... (and probably that is not the point of discussion of this thread here)

Quote:
Hindu history (?) is full of colorfull characters and sages ... each in his or her (Mirabai) own way have recorded their spiritual experiences ... providing us with spiritual literature so vast and extensive.

Ancient times were when Hindu philosophy came in to being ... sages Valmiki (Ramayana), Vyasa (compiled Vedas, Puranas), Patanjali (author of Raja Yoga Sutras), Vasishtha (great exponent of non-dualistic philosophy) whose teachings are recorded in Yoga Vasishtha.

Middle ages gave us sages such as Sant Tulsidas, Kabira, Chaitanya Mahabrabhu and of course Guru Nanak. They gev us no new form of Hinduism or philosophjy ... no sir no ... they filled our religion and culture with devotional contributions. I forgot to mention Mirabai and Surdas.

Now we come to sages of recent times ... Shri Ram Krishna Paramhans was fortunate to have Swami Vibekanad for desciple. Paramhans although a devotee of Goddess Kali also was at the sem sem tem a symnamic exponent of Vedantic philosophy ...
I completely agree to that and thanks for summarizing it here ... I was not aware of this variety and colorfulness in Hindu Scriptures ...

Quote:
Dhurenderbhai ... bow your head to the great Swami Vivekanada for he achieved in his short life like no other before him. He single handedly brought vitality and dynamism in the understending of our Hindu culture and its philosophys ... he is very much responsible for revival of Hinduism in 20th century. He was a Karma Yogi.
So many people goto the temple and some of them get no chance (due to some reason-mental or health-wise) ... I am sure bowing head with the idea of complete reverence or respect is just different to bowing head without any regard to what you like about that personality ... Actually, tantu, in that regard, I am thankful to you because I have realized whether or not somebody bow's his head or not (or for that matter agrees to me or not) has no relevance to my progress toward self-realization ... Yes, he may raise questions which I may be able to answer or may raise other questions (some which are relevant and others a joke) which I have no answer to? So it is a sort of a LLKC realization (both for me and the other who is making a mockery)

Quote:
I think enough ... forgot my reading glasses in the car. Heving problem seeing wat I typing.
Oh Yogiji, ghareebon par raham ... bas number bataiyee, chasma India seyy bankar aa jaayegaa ... it is costly here and we poor indian graduate students can only afford glasses from India ...
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

edit/add: while waiting for my reading glasses ... so you see now Dhurenderbhai ... while ancient Yogis gave us our philosophy ... while middle ages Sages and Yogis filled our religion with devotion ... it was left to our recent Yogis to revive once again philosophy of Vedantic Hinduism. Sri Ramkarishna Pramhans, Swami Vivekananada. Swami Rmatritha, Ramana Maharishi, Arbindindo, Tagore and last bu not the least Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi brough idealism of Hindu philosophy into the field of politics. His exemplary life of self-descipline, purity, and adherence to the truth contributed to a new vitality in the religious understanding of mankind. Swami Vivekanad dwells with the greats of our religion.
Vivekanand went only as far back as Upanishads and Vedas....he did NOT have the balls or wits to challenge and/or explain the chronology of Judeo-Christian description of events and simultaneous development of events in India...or even validate whether the Hindu chronology is correct...which another CONMAN Sri Yukteswar debunks...according to Sri Yukteswar we are on verge of Dwaparyuga

I think Vivekanand just wanted to tour the world but did not have monies, so the Hinduism came in pretty handy

For example, why doesn't any Hindu scripture refer to the great pyramids of Egypt and egyptian culture? These date back as far as several thousand BC, almost contemporary with Mahabharat era Dwarka city (of Krishna) that sank later.

OUR PHILOSOPHY???

or rather a loose hotch-potch of PHILOSOPHIES...each tied with the other thru the single binding thread of REINCARNATION, but otherwise not exactly consistent with the other
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:16 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vivekanand went only as far back as Upanishads and Vedas....he did NOT have the balls or wits to challenge and/or explain the chronology of Judeo-Christian description of events and simultaneous development of events in India...or even validate whether the Hindu chronology is correct...which another CONMAN Sri Yukteswar debunks...according to Sri Yukteswar we are on verge of Dwaparyuga

I think Vivekanand just wanted to tour the world but did not have monies, so the Hinduism came in pretty handy

For example, why doesn't any Hindu scripture refer to the great pyramids of Egypt and egyptian culture? These date back as far as several thousand BC, almost contemporary with Mahabharat era Dwarka city (of Krishna) that sank later.

OUR PHILOSOPHY???

or rather a loose hotch-potch of PHILOSOPHIES...each tied with the other thru the single binding thread of REINCARNATION, but otherwise not exactly consistent with the other
A people who have made a virtue out of hero worship ... from Bachhans to Ferraris to Sanju Dattas ... Gods, demi Gods, Swamis, Bal Brahamcharis and rest of the cart full of bull shit artistes and chewtiyaas ... Dhurendherbhai, Hinduism is grateful to followers like you ... in fact we need more people like you to keep us in check. I am not going to try to convince you of greatness of Vivekanand or others. You serve a great purpose ... you serve therefore you are yourself a Yogi.

roflmao @ Pyramids and Egytian culture ...

I do believe you to be mistaken for our loose hotch-potch of philosphies have no single binding thread ... not even re-incarnation ... Karma yes and probably but definately not theory of re-birth. I will not even try ... cause to discuss theory of re-incarnation we'll have to first agree on someting even more complex ... SOUL.

All that our Hindu philosophy tells us is that we are a stream of continuity ... all it says is we carry with us the essense of our past. Its a pity that highly educated and evolved Hindus like you just read the words and bother not to intellectualize the meaning ... the seed. Our sages who gave us such complicated hotch-potch of philosophies could not have been so stupid as to not realise ... forget experiences of past lives ... we cannot and do not remember even the eksperiens of this birth.

Not from you Dhurenderbhai ... not from you. lol

So what is next ... are you going to claim that our hotch-potch of philosophy advocates idol worship ... we think of idol or form itself as GOD? That is what idiots are claiming. We know ... not true. Right?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Vivekanand went only as far back as Upanishads and Vedas....
Ok what else do you want him to cite or explain. There is one more thing he translated and explained? Since you have not listed here, I would add it ... The Yoga Sutras. Yes, the one from Patanjali. He has provided ample discussion about it along with the translations.

Quote:
he did NOT have the balls or wits
Please mind your language. I will edit and moderate and this is a warning to you

Quote:
to challenge and/or explain the chronology of Judeo-Christian description of events
So, you want to explain this also, for what purpose. Can you please enlighten here an example of any faith that has also provided simultaneously a chronology of events in the Vedantic sphere ... I dont understand this logic of yours, why should someone explain or describe a faith that was not there around 3000-5000 BC

Quote:
and simultaneous development of events in India...or even validate whether the Hindu chronology is correct...
Which chronology are you not happy with, you can conveniently try to delete it ...

Quote:
which another CONMAN Sri Yukteswar debunks...
I would again request you to be a gentleman when you criticize some Spiritual Personality ...

Quote:
according to Sri Yukteswar we are on verge of Dwaparyuga
Please provide a reference ...

Quote:
That is coming from your mental exercise ... you can think whatever you want ...

Quote:
There may or may not be a reference. You probably may be aware of the nature of scriptural translations ... So would you change your belief system if the Hindu Scriptures would have talked about the existence of Dinosaurs?

For your information, mahabharat ended around 5000 years BC, and the ancient Egypt developed over at least three and a half millennia. It began with the incipient unification of Nile Valley polities around 3150 BC and is conventionally thought to have ended in 31 BC.

I have a wishlist too with reference to the Hindu Scriptures. They should have predicted the existence of Egyptian Pyramids in the coming 2000 years ...

Quote:
OUR PHILOSOPHY??? or rather a loose hotch-potch of PHILOSOPHIES...each tied with the other thru the single binding thread of REINCARNATION, but otherwise not exactly consistent with the other
Please specify which ones are loose which ones are not exactly consistent and may be we can take it up in a new thread ...

--LandYA