eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old February 17th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food for Thought

If it wasn't for the last Minute, Nothing would get done!
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:27 PM
Junior eCharchan

spiritualer is on a distinguished road

The toughest thing about being a success is that you have got to keep on being a success.

irving berlin

people forget how fast you did a job -but remember how well you did it.

howard newton

Genius is one percent inspiration ,ninety nine percent perspiration

Thomas A edison

Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value
Albert einstein.

Experience is not what happens to a man ,it is what a man does with what happens to him
aldous huxley

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first ,the lesson afterwards.
vermon law

I never notice what has been done. I only see what remains to be done.
Marie Curie

Well Done is better than well said
benjamin franklin

when the going gets tough , the tough gets going.
unkown

The world is not moved only by the mighty shoves of the heroes ,but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
hellen keller

thanks
Old August 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

A Gem of a thread...

My own philosophy (coined 6 years ago or more).... (I guess I had shared it in some thread long before)

Zindagi to ek kapda hai... samay ki kainchi use kaat deti hai. !!

If you are not convinced yet... here goes once again...

Log kehte hain "Samay kaat raha hoon... " par chutiye, kya tujhe pata hai !?? Samay to Kainchi hai. Kat to Zindagi rahi hai !!!!
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

He is richest who is content with least, for content is the wealth of nature.

(Socrates, 468-399 BC, Greek Philosopher)
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

With the passing of every moment from the moment that Sunit has declared that this site will be sold, I couldnt stop myself to remind all of us including Sunit to give a moment of their time to reflect on this saying:

Life is change.
Growth is optional.
Choose wisely.

by Karen Kaiser Clark (Born 1938, American Legislator and Feminist)
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
If it wasn't for the last Minute, Nothing would get done!
Super... really really cool quote!

Don't think you are above anyone.. because.. All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

i could find nowhere else than this thread to post my random thoughts after a lot of Barley brew and some great Dev Anand and Shammi Kappor songs from raga.com.

Something about the lifestyles i saw when i was a kid in 70s. probably it was not too different in 60s. there were all ration ka lines not so great salaries and we were way behind west than we are now. but were our folks not contented then? may be more than many of us are.

Just random thought. would you rather go back to 60s and 70s when there was no net hardly any TV (in India) but you had a lot of time for famlly and were really happy with whatever you had??
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Lage raho.......

pankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond reputepankajr has a reputation beyond repute

So Simple it is to Live
So Simple it is to Love
So Simple it is to Smile
So Simple it is to Win
But the fact is,It is too difficult to be so Simple
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajr
So Simple it is to Live
So Simple it is to Love
So Simple it is to Smile
So Simple it is to Win
But the fact is,It is too difficult to be so Simple
No, it is not that difficult to be simple ... Just be in the moment!
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Proud LLKC member

There is an interesting story that I just read (YMMV):

The student approached the master and queried, "Master? When I was young, I desired for my family and loved ones to be proud of me. Were you ever the same way?"

"Yes," the master answered.

"Why did you desire this?" the student asked.

"So that they would feel they had more reason to love and accept me," said the master. "And the reason I desired this was so that I in turn would feel I had sufficient reason to love and accept myself. That was what was at the root of it. But then one day, I woke up and realized, 'What if I bypass all of that and learn to unconditionally love and accept myself, without requiring anyone else's love, acceptance or approval in order to feel good about myself? Then my happiness will no longer be dependent on outer circumstances, but will be as constant as my own heartbeat resounding strongly within my chest.' Thus began my quest for Self-realization."

"And you never desired them to be proud of you after that?" asked the student.

"My ego did, but I no longer completely identified myself with my ego as I had. And I no longer cared what others thought in the same way. I respected it, and honored it, but no longer gave it so much weight or paid so much attention to it," the master replied, smiling. "And never had I felt so free, as when I finally released myself in this way..."
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Proud LLKC member

Re: Service and Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
One evening a Swamiji of Sri Ramakrishna Mutt was addressing the participants on the concept of work culture.

One of the participants asked the following question to the Swamiji.I am a senior manager of Materials Department and I joined this organization 25 years ago as an Engineer Trainee and over the last 25 years I have gone through every experience in the organization and I am now the senior manager looking after the material function independently. During the initial part of my career, the job was very challenging and interesting. Every day was exciting and I looked forward to each day with lot of interest.

However, all those exciting days are gone since I do not find my job any more interesting because there is nothing new in my job.
As I have seen and handled every conceivable situation there is no more challenges in my work. I am now feeling bored because I am doing a routine job.

However, Swamiji, I am living in the same house for over forty years, I am the son for the same parents for over forty years, I am the father for the same children for the past twenty years and the husband for the same lady for the past thirty years. In these personal role I do not feel bored and the passage of time has not taken away the zeal from me.

Please tell me why I am bored of the routine in the office and not in the house?'

This was a very interesting question and we were all very anxious and curious to know what the Swamiji had to say! The response from him was very interesting and convincing.

He asked the executive the question "Please tell me for whom you mother cooks?"

The executive replied that obviously the mother cooks for others.

Then the Swamiji said that the mother 'serves' others and because of this service mindedness, she is not feeling tired or bored.But in an office, we 'work' and not 'serve'. Anything we consider as service will not make us feel bored. That is difference between serving and working. He asked the executive to consider his work as service and not merely a work!

This was a very interesting analysis! Whenever you put a larger context around your work and see a broader meaning for your work, you will take interest in your work. An awareness of larger purpose of your job and an appreciation of its importance will make a very big difference in your internal energy. You should believe that you are here for a purpose and should believe in the spiritual context of your role.
Cool, still feels new everytime I read it ... awesome
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Proud LLKC member

How Much Land Does a Man Require? by Leo Tolstoy

Source: Wiki

The protagonist of the story is a peasant named Pahóm, who at the beginning can be heard complaining that he does not own enough land to satisfy him. He states that "if I had plenty of land, I shouldn't fear the Devil himself!". A short amount of time later, a landlady in the village decides to sell her estate, and the peasants of the village buy as much of that land as they can. Pahóm himself purchases some land, and by working off the extra land is able to repay his debts and live a more comfortable life.

However, Pahóm then becomes very possessive of his land, and this gets him into discord with his neighbours. "Threats to burn his building began to be uttered.". This is a first sign that greed is disrupting his moral values. Later, he moves to a larger area of land at another Commune. Here, he can grow even more crops and amass a small fortune, but he has to grow the crops on rented land, which irritates him.

Finally, he is introduced to the Bashkirs, and is told they are simple-minded people who own a huge amount of land. Thus, he goes to them to take as much of their land for as low a price as he can negotiate. Their offer is very unusual: for a sum of one thousand rubles, Pahóm can walk around as large an area as he wants, starting at daybreak, marking his route with a spade along the way. If he reaches his starting point by sunset that day, the entire area of land his route encloses will be his. He is delighted as he believes that he can cover a great distance and has chanced upon the bargain of a lifetime. That night, Pakhom experiences a surreal dream in which he sees himself lying dead by the feet of the Devil, who is laughing.

His journey across the land illustrates his greediness. He tries to cover as much land as possible, not content with what he already has. As the sun nearly sets, he realizes his error and runs back as fast as he can to the waiting Bashkirs. He finally arrives at the starting point just as the sun sets. The Bashkirs cheer his good fortune, but exhausted from the run, he drops dead. They bury him in an ordinary grave only six feet long, thus ironically answering the question posed in the title of the story.