eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old November 13th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the real concept of being vegetarian in Hinduism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
@Sane pai

Explain somethingness of being nothing
If it is nothing then why did you call it god?

The truth is you know god(nothing) about nothing(god). And that makes you a godly ( a person who worths nothing) person. So deep inside(from both sides) you are a deeply pious person who believes that nothing can harm him as nothing protects him. So the thing is that if you are trying to get something out of nothing then you'd get nothing out of anything.
There are reams and reams of documentation on this nothingness that is called god... not by me, but a name given to this entity that people of faith believe exists... somewhere. As for evidence... nada... there is none... it has to be taken completely on faith... na, no pills available either to easen the pain in blanking your mind to accept this faith.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
There are reams and reams of documentation on this nothingness that is called god... not by me, but a name given to this entity that people of faith believe exists... somewhere. As for evidence... nada... there is none... it has to be taken completely on faith... na, no pills available either to easen the pain in blanking your mind to accept this faith.
OK... so let's consider this.."There is nothing". If it is nothing then how come it is there?
If it is there then it must be something. and if it is something then it can't be nothing and you have to believe on its beingness or existence.

I don't know whether there is god or not? But for sure I know there is no such thing as Allah/Ram(dont call me congressi for this)/God(father of the man on cross) etc etc.
Now RSS/BD supporters will jump in and say it is a conspiracy to malign hinduism and may be some mullah would issue a fatwa... and people of son of god will go on converting people

Old November 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaGuy View Post

Poori zindagi ek accouting hi hai. Everything you do in life is give and take in most of the circumstances and/or feeling, so how can this be any different.
kya baat hai kiwi pai..signature kay kaabil hai yeah line

Quote:

Explain somethingness of being nothing
If it is nothing then why did you call it god?

The truth is you know god(nothing) about nothing(god). And that makes you a godly ( a person who worths nothing) person. So deep inside(from both sides) you are a deeply pious person who believes that nothing can harm him as nothing protects him. So the thing is that if you are trying to get something out of nothing then you'd get nothing out of anything.
abay chakkar aa gaya mujhay..yaar achcha hua piyela nahi tha varna idharich ugal deta bawa

btw, aur ek reason hai jo kisi nay EC pay diya nahi hai aaj takk in any of these veg-non veg threads..

woh kya hai na ki insaan log ka small intestines kaafi lamba hota hai..aur jaanwar log ka kaafi chhota coz the meat shit needs to get out the system pronto..magar insaan log ka ekdum lamba small intestines honay kay karan meat shit is not thrown out quickly..so it starts fuckin rotting in there givin rise to diseases..

there

Last edited by DesiBaba; November 14th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

JustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason, its easier for people to beleive in Aliens and UFO, than on God.Some sightings of UFO and Aliens are enough to convince people but if someone claims to have Felt god or his mercy then that is something unimaginable.

The problem is we have too much faith in our abilities.

We can't see a whole lot of thing with our eyes.
We cant hear in different frequency.
We cant smell a whole lot of things.

Now humans,beleive that they have the answers for everything. If we don't we just say its yet to be discovered.

Now is it that difficult for us to then beleive that we havent yet discovered the presence of God.

When we haven't discovered countless other things as yet and still beleive they are in existence.
Why can't people beleive in god the same way?

Its also difficult for nonbeleivers to beleive in god because what do you gain from that beleif. You are happy as you are and there is nothing to gain by beleiving in god. So good on them for standing up for what they beleive in.

Once again its matter for people to decide on their own. Everyone has to make up their own mind about what they beleive in.

You may not beleive in religions but it shouldnt be that difficult to beleive in god. Once again its just my opinion

All i ask from non beleivers is I do not degenerate you on your belief, then why should you.

Its just that this is a never ending arguement between people of faith and people who do not beleive and results in unwanted heartburn and harsh exchange of words, which is something i am not game for.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For some reason, its easier for people to beleive in Aliens and UFO, than on God.Some sightings of UFO and Aliens are enough to convince people but if someone claims to have Felt god or his mercy then that is something unimaginable.

The problem is we have too much faith in our abilities.

We can't see a whole lot of thing with our eyes.
We cant hear in different frequency.
We cant smell a whole lot of things.

Now humans,beleive that they have the answers for everything. If we don't we just say its yet to be discovered.

Now is it that difficult for us to then beleive that we havent yet discovered the presence of God.

When we haven't discovered countless other things as yet and still beleive they are in existence.
Why can't people beleive in god the same way?

Its also difficult for nonbeleivers to beleive in god because what do you gain from that beleif. You are happy as you are and there is nothing to gain by beleiving in god. So good on them for standing up for what they beleive in.

Once again its matter for people to decide on their own. Everyone has to make up their own mind about what they beleive in.

You may not beleive in religions but it shouldnt be that difficult to beleive in god. Once again its just my opinion

All i ask from non beleivers is I do not degenerate you on your belief, then why should you.

Its just that this is a never ending arguement between people of faith and people who do not beleive and results in unwanted heartburn and harsh exchange of words, which is something i am not game for.
You are a very confused guy.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Abey gonchu... why do you want to ask about something that is nothing
thanks ... you relieved me of this burden that I should know something?

Although I feel you seem to know more about that "something that is nothing" ... please enlighten ...
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Why is GOD not a delusion?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

JustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are a very confused guy.
Thanks for judging. I do not know what would happen to the world if it dint have people who sit on their thrones judging people.

Hopefully it gave you the peace or happiness that you were after.

Last edited by JustaGuy; November 14th, 2008 at 04:46 AM. Reason: .
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Why is GOD not a delusion?
Because Dawkins is not Hawkins
I went back to check the precise meaning of delusion.

"delusion |diˈloō zh ən|
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder"

Concept of God is just opposite to that.it is generally perceived as an entity(or whatever, entity beyond attributes) while only a handful refuses to believe in it.

Old November 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Concept of God is just opposite to that.it is generally perceived as an entity(or whatever, entity beyond attributes) while only a handful refuses to believe in it.
Chitrala we are like blind people discussing about the rainbow ... there is no discussion possible unless ofcourse you can relate your knowledge through your own experience ... which ofcourse may not be absolutely perceived as it is by our minds ... so in any case we are still blinds ...
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
thanks ... you relieved me of this burden that I should know something?

Although I feel you seem to know more about that "something that is nothing" ... please enlighten ...

Well, I know "that" something is nothing. How can I enlighten someone on nothing? There is nothing to discuss... and we can go on discussing nothing for eternity... and it will all be for nothing.

Quote:
Thanks for judging. I do not know what would happen to the world if it dint have people who sit on their thrones judging people.

Hopefully it gave you the peace or happiness that you were after.
As a matter of fact, it gave me tremendous peace/happiness. My elt shot up 20%. Thank you.