eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

Now the two problems are:

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,448
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

I think you should resign.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 20th, 2018, 02:00 PM
dirty's Avatar
dirty dirty is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: SoCal USA
Posts: 11,399
dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Take care of equipment that you were assigned to do instead of spending time on Echarcha. If you had no idea this was part of your job , how the fuck did you even get this job ?
__________________
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:13 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,354
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Catch the first plane to the Bahamas and never come back to your job
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:15 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,354
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

What a chewtiya situation!! You thought that the equipment alloted/assigned to you was just like that? Offcourse, it was your responsibility!

The only solution is to find it all and then explain that you were an idiot to not update the concerned folks about failure of equipment.

If they believe you, great! Else, I do not see how you can get out of this. Maybe they will deduct the damages from your salary.

Worse case, go talk to a lawyer.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 21st, 2018, 03:52 PM
AmthaLal's Avatar
AmthaLal AmthaLal is offline
Chaiman Of the Board.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: .
Posts: 10,673
AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

Now the two problems are:

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?


First of all which chewtiya made you in charge of "computer lab" when you are just a measly lab instructor of "mechanical engineering" and that too in a polytechnic college?
__________________
RIP Swami. You will be missed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:41 AM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Arrow Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
First of all which chewtiya made you in charge of "computer lab" when you are just a measly lab instructor of "mechanical engineering" and that too in a polytechnic college?
Nowadays computers are used extensively in Mechanical Engineering.

1st Sem: Basic Computer Skills

2nd Sem: CAD for 2-dimensional drawings

3rd Sem: CAD for 3-dimensional solid modelling

4th Sem: C Programming

5th Sem: Mechatronics

6th Sem: CNC programming and Ansys practicals
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 23rd, 2018, 02:41 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,691
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

on your point 2 - get someone from electrical department to give you a convincing argument on why all of them got damaged at the same time. Show them voltage spikes or something like that which is irrefutable evidence.

About the stock book - is there a problem adding to stock book retrospectively? or are you saying you lost the equipment? who did you hand over the old lab to - any paperwork from that time?
__________________
Winner of the Signature Contest 2013!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:46 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,510
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Nowadays computers are used extensively in Mechanical Engineering.

1st Sem: Basic Computer Skills

2nd Sem: CAD for 2-dimensional drawings

3rd Sem: CAD for 3-dimensional solid modelling

4th Sem: C Programming

5th Sem: Mechatronics

6th Sem: CNC programming and Ansys practicals
Which polytechnic is this?
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:51 AM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Which polytechnic is this?
Why? You think it's unusual or what?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:18 AM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,354
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Why? You think it's unusual or what?
Even a two bit college has a proper inventory and gate-pass system to ensure that all equipment is tracked and accounted for. Such systems are meant to shield the college irrespective of who is using them. They are sort of 'idiot-proof' so that the most idiotic person can still give correct results if the process is followed.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:57 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,510
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Why? You think it's unusual or what?
What would a Diploma do with C Programming? They usually end up as supervisors and boast to know about machines than graduate engineers. But Programming
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 4th, 2018, 02:46 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,510
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

Now the two problems are:

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
After all these achievements, you actually get an increment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
When there was an unannounced increment, I was annoyed and it made me uneasy. Because increment means there would be more taunts of not doing work and yet taking salary. When I expressed my unhappiness over the unasked increment, the boss forbid me from telling this to management because doing so may affect other's salaries.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 5th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
After all these achievements, you actually get an increment
Ye tou kuchh bhi nahi hai. Pura kissa sunega na.. You would come to know that I am world's no. 1 bhikari albeit unwilling. I am majboor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
devices to disperse youth? kkkk Technology 1 June 29th, 2010 10:44 AM
MIT, Quanta cook up devices of tomorrow landyaBhai Technology 1 April 12th, 2005 09:34 AM
Traffic-Signal Change Devices a Concern Jija Taaza Khabar - Current news 2 November 5th, 2003 08:49 PM
Nukulear devices- according to Bush! videsee SoapBox 0 May 20th, 2002 01:04 PM
Admin I am Unable to give myself a title BawdyBuddy Feedback 10 March 11th, 2002 06:51 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.