eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old July 20th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

Now the two problems are:

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

I think you should resign.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old July 20th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Take care of equipment that you were assigned to do instead of spending time on Echarcha. If you had no idea this was part of your job , how the fuck did you even get this job ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Catch the first plane to the Bahamas and never come back to your job
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

What a chewtiya situation!! You thought that the equipment alloted/assigned to you was just like that? Offcourse, it was your responsibility!

The only solution is to find it all and then explain that you were an idiot to not update the concerned folks about failure of equipment.

If they believe you, great! Else, I do not see how you can get out of this. Maybe they will deduct the damages from your salary.

Worse case, go talk to a lawyer.
Old July 21st, 2018, 03:52 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

First of all which chewtiya made you in charge of "computer lab" when you are just a measly lab instructor of "mechanical engineering" and that too in a polytechnic college?
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:41 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Arrow Re: Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
First of all which chewtiya made you in charge of "computer lab" when you are just a measly lab instructor of "mechanical engineering" and that too in a polytechnic college?
Nowadays computers are used extensively in Mechanical Engineering.

1st Sem: Basic Computer Skills

2nd Sem: CAD for 2-dimensional drawings

3rd Sem: CAD for 3-dimensional solid modelling

4th Sem: C Programming

5th Sem: Mechatronics

6th Sem: CNC programming and Ansys practicals
Old July 23rd, 2018, 02:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

on your point 2 - get someone from electrical department to give you a convincing argument on why all of them got damaged at the same time. Show them voltage spikes or something like that which is irrefutable evidence.

About the stock book - is there a problem adding to stock book retrospectively? or are you saying you lost the equipment? who did you hand over the old lab to - any paperwork from that time?
Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:46 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nowadays computers are used extensively in Mechanical Engineering.

1st Sem: Basic Computer Skills

2nd Sem: CAD for 2-dimensional drawings

3rd Sem: CAD for 3-dimensional solid modelling

4th Sem: C Programming

5th Sem: Mechatronics

6th Sem: CNC programming and Ansys practicals
Which polytechnic is this?
Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Which polytechnic is this?
Why? You think it's unusual or what?
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:18 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Even a two bit college has a proper inventory and gate-pass system to ensure that all equipment is tracked and accounted for. Such systems are meant to shield the college irrespective of who is using them. They are sort of 'idiot-proof' so that the most idiotic person can still give correct results if the process is followed.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:57 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What would a Diploma do with C Programming? They usually end up as supervisors and boast to know about machines than graduate engineers. But Programming
Old August 4th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
After all these achievements, you actually get an increment

Quote:
When there was an unannounced increment, I was annoyed and it made me uneasy. Because increment means there would be more taunts of not doing work and yet taking salary. When I expressed my unhappiness over the unasked increment, the boss forbid me from telling this to management because doing so may affect other's salaries.
Old August 5th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
After all these achievements, you actually get an increment
Ye tou kuchh bhi nahi hai. Pura kissa sunega na.. You would come to know that I am world's no. 1 bhikari albeit unwilling. I am majboor.