eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 9th, 2014, 05:43 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
How do you feel about Mira Nair's movies?
I loved her movies. Salaam Bombay, Kaama Sura and Monsoon.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:00 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Last night, I watched this documentary 'reboot with Joe' .. real story and travels of an obese Australian guy to USA while he ate only fruits and fruit juice, and thus lost about 37 kilos in 2 months. You can google 'reboot with Joe' to know more.. or just the hour long documentary on Netflix.

America is obese, knows it, knows the reason behind it, knows that most people need a lifestyle change.. still can't bring themselves to eating better. Obesity is the #1 killer, way ahead of cancer and Aids.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Last night, I watched this documentary 'reboot with Joe' .. real story and travels of an obese Australian guy to USA while he ate only fruits and fruit juice, and thus lost about 37 kilos in 2 months. You can google 'reboot with Joe' to know more.. or just the hour long documentary on Netflix.

America is obese, knows it, knows the reason behind it, knows that most people need a lifestyle change.. still can't bring themselves to eating better. Obesity is the #1 killer, way ahead of cancer and Aids.
I have heard good reviews about it. Will watch it soon.

Dont know about America but here every fast-food joint and small restaurants (like Swiss Chalet/ Red Lobster etc) by law are required to print the nutrition information for every food item they sell (including coffee/ tea). After they implemented it, more people are shying away from buying muffins/ donuts etc and shifting to yogurts/ fruit cups. Of course, its not even making a dent but even if small portion of people realize the amount of trans fat going into the body, its worth the effort. You said it, obesity is the number 1 killer.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:20 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

You are talking about yuppies, people who are working high paying white collar jobs. Most of the other people don't have a choice, they have to eat cheap.

Well, the general funda is that if you can't tell by looking at the food what all it is made up of, its mostly unhealthy, has very few nutrients if any at all.

Also, another way is if you can leave the food out (i.e. not in the fridge) and it will go bad in hours or a couple days, its mostly healthy. Rest of the stuff (processed foods) like pasta, noodles, papad, namkeen, indian sweets are all big time unhealthy.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are talking about yuppies, people who are working high paying white collar jobs. Most of the other people don't have a choice, they have to eat cheap.

Well, the general funda is that if you can't tell by looking at the food what all it is made up of, its mostly unhealthy, has very few nutrients if any at all.

Also, another way is if you can leave the food out (i.e. not in the fridge) and it will go bad in hours or a couple days, its mostly healthy. Rest of the stuff (processed foods) like pasta, noodles, papad, namkeen, indian sweets are all big time unhealthy.
Everyone has a choice Sarvi. Some exercise it and some don't. That's the difference. I understand that perhaps a hamburger would cost less than a a garden salad with grilled chicken if you go to a fastfood joint. However, the things you need to make a salad and grilled chicken would cost you almost the same as the hamburger. So, you can actually buy things and make your own lunch. Same thing applies for the breakfast. A fruit cup may cost $4.00 while a breakfast sandwich is only $2.50.

I think the problem of obesity can be contained once people start making their own lunch/dinner (at least 5 days in a week). I could be wrong.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Everyone has a choice Sarvi
I know, but its easier said than done.. The problem with us humans is our mind.. If I show this to people ..

This homeless bodybuilder is RIPPED! What's your excuse?

Some will be motivated, some will say wow, but quite a few said bugger has no job no work to do, so all he does is exercise.
Old December 9th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I know, but its easier said than done.. The problem with us humans is our mind.. If I show this to people ..

This homeless bodybuilder is RIPPED! What's your excuse?

Some will be motivated, some will say wow, but quite a few said bugger has no job no work to do, so all he does is exercise.
yes, its also got to do with the fact that the whole life style must change from eating unhealthy to at least not-so-unhealthy.
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:25 AM

Any suggestions for a good tv series to watch on netflix.. I will avoid Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order, so something else please.
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any suggestions for a good tv series to watch on netflix.. I will avoid Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order, so something else please.
Breaking Bad, if you haven't.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
I haven't no.. will try although I'm a bit averse to watching drug addicts and their complicated lives.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I haven't no.. will try although I'm a bit averse to watching drug addicts and their complicated lives.
I felt the same but this was a freaking amazing series that turned out to be one of my all time favs. It was super addictive.

edit: also it's not about a drug addict

Sent from my iPhone.
Old December 10th, 2014, 04:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you wont mind some nude scenes, then start with Californication.

Also, there is a brit series called coupling. Though themed like friends, it is reputed to be much better than it.
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
i second this. It was pretty good and it keeps getting interesting.
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:41 AM

watched a couple episodes of Breaking bad first season.. not bad.
Old December 10th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
scrubs
fraiser
west wing
top gear(if u are in to cars)
and lots of old bbc series
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.