eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Gandhis' date with school kids

Gandhis' date with school kids

NEW DELHI: On Saturday, Rahul Gandhi could be seen grappling with questions such as "how big is the universe?" and "were you a naughty boy when you were younger?" And while Priyanka Gandhi mopped the walls of a science stall, Ajay Jadeja was being explained the concepts of refraction and reflection by an eight-year-old. The real celebrities were the 700-odd students — aged between five and 11 years — who participated with great enthusiasm in the science fair organized as part of Children's Day celebrations at The Shri Ram School Vasant Vihar.

The fair, 'Mad About Science: Celebrating Curiosity', included a variety of science experiments besides quizzes, art activities and educational games. Students built periscopes, solar cookers, windmills, lemon batteries and pulleys to showcase various scientific concepts they had learned in class. After inaugurating the event, Rahul Gandhi interacted with students, including those from sister schools from Mewat in Haryana. "All the stalls are interesting. I learned a lot from the kids," he said. Ten-year-old Anuja from a girl's school in Mewat proudly exclaimed, "Rahul Gandhi asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said I will be a doctor. One day when I am a doctor, I'll meet him."

Priyanka Gandhi and Ajay Jadeja, both of whose sons study at the school, were also present.
Dressed in white labcoats, students explained visitors basic science concepts through innovative presentations, games and colourful methods. While the youngest students — of classes Pravesh Vatika and Upvan — experimented with the properties of air and water, higher classes tackled topics like colours, magnet, light, energy and simple machines.

Principal Manika Sharma explained, "Jawaharlal Nehru's stress on the importance of science is well known. He famously said that the future belongs to science. So this Children's Day, we celebrate Nehru's love for children and science, and we are happy to have his great-grandson inaugurate the fair."

During his interaction, Rahul fired science-related questions at the kids. When they were asked what was the biggest thing they've seen, a voice piped up, "God!". Another student said, "You!", sending the crowd and Rahul into laughter. The light-hearted mood was interrupted by the unexpected showers for a short while but soon, students, teachers and parents cleaned up the stalls and the fair resumed.

It was a collective learning experience for both Shri Ram students and those from other schools. Six-year-old Tia explained Adit capillary action of water while five-year-old Aryan demonstrated the concept of density by showing seven-year-old Sahil Ahuja, who studies in Amity School, how eggs float in salt water. Eleven-year-old Aditi Singh demonstrated the use of compound pulleys while classmate Sanjana explained how levers like a broom, wheelbarrow and hammer make day-today life easier.

"This kind of learning is so much fun. Why can't we have such fairs every day instead of classroom teaching," wondered nine-year-old Atharv. Students thoroughly enjoyed the day.

"It was great fun. I love rain and everyone was drenched and we couldn't stop giggling," said nine-year-old Meher.

LINK
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gandhis' date with school kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Gandhis' date with school kids

NEW DELHI: On Saturday, Rahul Gandhi could be seen grappling with questions such as "how big is the universe?" and "were you a naughty boy when you were younger?" And while Priyanka Gandhi mopped the walls of a science stall, Ajay Jadeja was being explained the concepts of refraction and reflection by an eight-year-old. The real celebrities were the 700-odd students — aged between five and 11 years — who participated with great enthusiasm in the science fair organized as part of Children's Day celebrations at The Shri Ram School Vasant Vihar.

The fair, 'Mad About Science: Celebrating Curiosity', included a variety of science experiments besides quizzes, art activities and educational games. Students built periscopes, solar cookers, windmills, lemon batteries and pulleys to showcase various scientific concepts they had learned in class. After inaugurating the event, Rahul Gandhi interacted with students, including those from sister schools from Mewat in Haryana. "All the stalls are interesting. I learned a lot from the kids," he said. Ten-year-old Anuja from a girl's school in Mewat proudly exclaimed, "Rahul Gandhi asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said I will be a doctor. One day when I am a doctor, I'll meet him."

Priyanka Gandhi and Ajay Jadeja, both of whose sons study at the school, were also present.
Dressed in white labcoats, students explained visitors basic science concepts through innovative presentations, games and colourful methods. While the youngest students — of classes Pravesh Vatika and Upvan — experimented with the properties of air and water, higher classes tackled topics like colours, magnet, light, energy and simple machines.

Principal Manika Sharma explained, "Jawaharlal Nehru's stress on the importance of science is well known. He famously said that the future belongs to science. So this Children's Day, we celebrate Nehru's love for children and science, and we are happy to have his great-grandson inaugurate the fair."

During his interaction, Rahul fired science-related questions at the kids. When they were asked what was the biggest thing they've seen, a voice piped up, "God!". Another student said, "You!", sending the crowd and Rahul into laughter. The light-hearted mood was interrupted by the unexpected showers for a short while but soon, students, teachers and parents cleaned up the stalls and the fair resumed.

It was a collective learning experience for both Shri Ram students and those from other schools. Six-year-old Tia explained Adit capillary action of water while five-year-old Aryan demonstrated the concept of density by showing seven-year-old Sahil Ahuja, who studies in Amity School, how eggs float in salt water. Eleven-year-old Aditi Singh demonstrated the use of compound pulleys while classmate Sanjana explained how levers like a broom, wheelbarrow and hammer make day-today life easier.

"This kind of learning is so much fun. Why can't we have such fairs every day instead of classroom teaching," wondered nine-year-old Atharv. Students thoroughly enjoyed the day.

"It was great fun. I love rain and everyone was drenched and we couldn't stop giggling," said nine-year-old Meher.

LINK
great news..by the way when is he going to visit the war widows whose houses were grabbed by the ministers from his party ,and assure them(sirf assurance chahiye,the prices of the houses are out of the reach of any war widow)??