eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old December 29th, 2014, 07:44 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Devyani should stay away from the media.. she came across as a mumbling fool in that Barkha Dutt interview. She was elaborating too much like writing a CBSE English literature exam.

Some people forget public opinion doesn't matter one bit in a court of law, so trying to seek sympathy via media can only hurt you, should you utter something unwanted. Despite all the public outrage in India, US courts didn't acquit her, and will not unless she proves her arguments.
Barkha Dutt is bad luck. DK should have approached Amit Shah, who would have persuaded PM to take it up when Obama visits India next year. The Loha is also garam with all the protests against Pandus and this case could also have been highlighted as one of those. Now she has blown it all up.

i was actually doing some more googling on the Barara character to check if he is a closet Kalistani, but nothing substantive has come up so far. And his cases seem to be genuine. Coming to his other 'victim', Rajat Gupta, i wonder how could have been so stupid as to call up Rajirathinam from his mobile. May be over confident like Amma.
Old December 29th, 2014, 08:11 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
i was actually doing some more googling on the Barara character to check if he is a closet Kalistani, but nothing substantive has come up so far. And his cases seem to be genuine. Coming to his other 'victim', Rajat Gupta, i wonder how could have been so stupid as to call up Rajirathinam from his mobile. May be over confident like Amma.
Bharara is thoroughly americanized, even has a Caucasian wife.

I wonder what is insider trading in this age of internet? Proving it is quite tough but what is achieved eventually, other than restoring very little credibility in the stock exchange, if any at all. Rajat Gupta got only 5M fine and 2 yrs in jail.
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:22 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I wonder what is insider trading in this age of internet? Proving it is quite tough but what is achieved eventually, other than restoring very little credibility in the stock exchange, if any at all. Rajat Gupta got only 5M fine and 2 yrs in jail.
It is the timing. Like Rajat Gupta just stepped out of the board meeting and called up Rajarathinam and informed him of a decision (do not remember what). Now, the Rathinam guy knows it before the rest of the world knew (when the info would have been on website) and converted it to profit. It would not have been easy to prove had RG used some other means like chat or for that matter text.
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:40 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is the timing. Like Rajat Gupta just stepped out of the board meeting and called up Rajarathinam and informed him of a decision (do not remember what). Now, the Rathinam guy knows it before the rest of the world knew (when the info would have been on website) and converted it to profit. It would not have been easy to prove had RG used some other means like chat or for that matter text.
I looked up some more.. looks like the sentence has been quite devastating.

Quote:
Gupta fought and appealed the case against him every inch of the way, going all the way up to the US Supreme Court, and by some accounts spending as much as $50 million in legal fees and associated costs. Not only were his appeals rebuffed, but the courts also docked him for nearly $25 million in criminal fines and civil penalties, levies that his lawyers are still appealing against.

Gupta, whose net worth was once estimated at around $130 million, is fighting to save from forfeiture his many properties, including a waterfront home in Westport, Connecticut that once belonged to the co-founder of J C Penney that he bought for more than $6 million. Legal stratagems include moving his domicile to Florida, which has more lenient bankruptcy laws that protect personal property.
Linked reading suggestion: Former Goldman Sachs director Rajat Gupta penning book to tell his story
Old January 28th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nothing to do with Americanized. A person doing his job is Americanized ? It is like when I fired an India guy for cheating my company ( I was an employee ) he, brought up please help fellow Indian and when I did not , I am now Americanized because I showed my loyalty to my place of work ?

There are very strict rules for Insider trading . As an company insider you are not allowed to profit from the decisions you make. That is the reason the CEOs get millions in salary so that they can take decisions for the company and not because they can make some profit from stocks.
Both Rajat Gupta and Rajaraman were crooks and Bharara made an example of them . Devyani is story , where I will have to shower after taking her name... She is the filthiest of them all. She screwed India and Indian people first and when she got caught in US she played the race card... Bitch ..
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 28th, 2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Nothing to do with Americanized. A person doing his job is Americanized ? It is like when I fired an India guy for cheating my company ( I was an employee ) he, brought up please help fellow Indian and when I did not , I am now Americanized because I showed my loyalty to my place of work ?
My comment was about him being khalistan supporter. Not about his job. Thank you for the lecture though.

I find amusing and a tad bit weird your frequent bathing considerations.
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
. Devyani is story , where I will have to shower after taking her name..
This shows that you are still 'Indianized'
Check at 1:55 in this one for "American but not in a good way"?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old September 16th, 2015, 12:20 PM

So, does'nt So Cal have any Preet Bharara

Qatar driver caught in Beverly Hills street race involving Ferrari and a Porsche claims diplomatic immunity
Luxury supercars were filmed racing around the residential neighborhood
Witnesses said vehicles ran stop signs and narrowly missed other cars
The race only ended when the yellow Ferrari's engine began smoking
Driver told police arriving shortly afterwards he had diplomatic immunity
When confronted by a video journalist he allegedly said 'F*** America'
He then warned 'he could have him killed' and 'flicked a cigarette at him'

Read more
Old March 12th, 2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Looks like it has ended in a near all win situation.

The maid has got a green card and by now must be running a Mallu restaurant or a gas station and her husband would be in a transport biz (he was the driver of Somalian/Ethipian embassy in Delhi)

From GOI point of view, the diplomatic immunity has been respected.

From US POV, the charges are still there, so Preet B has managed to make his mark and his path to whatever he is upto is clearer

DK is back in India. She would surely get promoted for her 'keeping her dignity' and upholding country's dignity and suffering separation from her family for the sake of country. Probably her next assignment would be as an AMbassador to Mexico where her kids could drop in every now and then and she would not face any shortage of maids.

Above all, Kallu Pai has added to his crown tally.

As was said, this is probably not worth a take any more.

To recap, things always dont work out fully well.

Devyani was put on bench. No news of her now.

Preet Bharara is now fired.

Kallu Pai is nowehere to be seen.

So. Who have we missed counting here?

Correct. The maid and her family.
Looks like the couple had decided to split shortly after this controversy.
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Some day I will write why all this happened. Why Devyani Khobragade behaved the way she did!

I dont have any concrete proof but its my take...
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:49 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Devyani has recently written 'The white sari'---a novel about a dark skinned dalit girl falling in love with a fair skinned upper caste boy . Maybe it is an interesting read .
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post

Devyani has recently written 'The white sari'---a novel about a dark skinned dalit girl falling in love with a fair skinned upper caste boy . Maybe it is an interesting read .
I have got a sudden itch to read and review the book .
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have got a sudden itch to read and review the book .
Go ahead... scratch

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:

looks like based on her true story
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:46 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
looks like based on her true story
yeah , that's why itch to read .