eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old December 17th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Here's an overview of the incident from what I've read so far...

DK is a mid-level consular officer, who get's paid ~$6-7k a month. She hired a nanny for ~$550-600K a month + some bonus. On US visa papers, she noted $4500 a month. She is being charged with human exploitation and human trafficking.

Indian officials (and Indian civilians) are enraged that an Indian diplomat is being tried in US courts. They are saying she should be granted diplomatic immunity. They are saying that the US officials mistreated her after the arrest, which they deny.

What's your take?
Old December 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
DK is a mid-level consular officer, who get's paid ~$6-7k a month. She hired a nanny for ~$550-600K a month + some bonus.
Err a persn earning $6K amonth hiring $500K a month nanny!!! I am willing to be not only her nanny but for the whole neighborhood for that salary.. is the position still open?
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
Err a persn earning $6K amonth hiring $500K a month nanny!!! I am willing to be not only her nanny but for the whole neighborhood for that salary.. is the position still open?
Just an FYI...it is close to impossible to survive on $500 a month in a metro area, forget about raising a family.
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

You said $500K a month
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
You said $500K a month
No, I didn't. I said $500 a month.
Old December 17th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
snow in karakoram sure blinds your eyes
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
You did? Really? Really really? I am quoting it here and you did not edit it yet

Quote:
Here's an overview of the incident from what I've read so far...

DK is a mid-level consular officer, who get's paid ~$6-7k a month. She hired a nanny for ~$550-600K a month + some bonus. On US visa papers, she noted $4500 a month. She is being charged with human exploitation and human trafficking.

Indian officials (and Indian civilians) are enraged that an Indian diplomat is being tried in US courts. They are saying she should be granted diplomatic immunity. They are saying that the US officials mistreated her after the arrest, which they deny.

What's your take?
dekh lal color mein kyaa hai?
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know what the problem is... that the maid has. Yes, it is wrong to say one thing in the form and do another thing in real... but 500 a month with all karcha-paani included is a fantastic offer. Just imagine that she will be sending this 500 to India every month... well if not all, at least 400. Imagine her family in India... they will be living life like royals.

So why would the maid bring the kulhadi down hard on her own feet Jaroor dal mein kuch kala hai...

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Just an FYI...it is close to impossible to survive on $500 a month in a metro area, forget about raising a family.
Yaa but 2 things.

1. In diplomatic enclave LOCAL LAWS do not apply.
2. Was there coercion or was that what the nanny asked for?
3. How many hours per day?
4. HOW does it justify a STRIP SEARCH?
5. Yashwant Sinha wants "same sex" partners arrested (from US diplomats re: 377). What is the connection here?
6. Why same sex.. was DK given a BJ forcibly by a member of the same or similar sex?
7. HT wants a diplomat arrested "eye for an eye concept" just for shits and giggles.

Err.. with details as disjoint as this you want a reasonable opinion? Kallu.. ek peg mere ko bhi de naa!! Pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!!
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Yaa but 2 things.

1. In diplomatic enclave LOCAL LAWS do not apply.
2. Was there coercion or was that what the nanny asked for?
3. How many hours per day?
4. HOW does it justify a STRIP SEARCH?
5. Yashwant Sinha wants "same sex" partners arrested (from US diplomats re: 377). What is the connection here?
6. Why same sex.. was DK given a BJ forcibly by a member of the same or similar sex?
7. HT wants a diplomat arrested "eye for an eye concept" just for shits and giggles.

Err.. with details as disjoint as this you want a reasonable opinion? Kallu.. ek peg mere ko bhi de naa!! Pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!!
Yashwant Sinha is a politician. He can say whatever he wants...that doesn't mean anything.

When officials (especially US officials) make an arrest, they ensure they have their ducks lined up. They know the charges and probably have sufficient evidence to take her to court. They can't make arrests based on a whim or ESP. They have a case.

Indians are thinking that this is a tu-tu-mein-mein ki ladai...which it's not.
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Pelu Pelu

The point is THEY CANNOT.. that is what diplomatic immunity means. They do not have the juristiction. I am still seeing it unfold.. (just saw her she is hot.. err.. not hot as in heroine hot but errr CFAFB kinds).. and tell yaa there is more to this than it appears. So lets keep the discussion alive... okey!!
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

it is not a criminal act, so she has diplomatic immunity. I think India is doing right by replying in kind.. we should arrest a few americans as well on some frivolous charges.

That Yashwant Sinha suggestion.. again you didn't read the whole thing Pelu bhai.. only recently SC banned gay sex in India, so American diplomat's same sex partner can be arrested under law.. I say lets do it.
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
it is not a criminal act, so she has diplomatic immunity. I think India is doing right by replying in kind.. we should arrest a few americans as well on some frivolous charges.

That Yashwant Sinha suggestion.. again you didn't read the whole thing Pelu bhai.. only recently SC banned gay sex in India, so American diplomat's same sex partner can be arrested under law.. I say lets do it.
Human trafficking and human exploitation IS a criminal act...in fact, these are VERY SERIOUS charges. She could do several years in US jail.

The nanny and her husband are witnesses against her. They probably have pressed charges against her...I don't know the whole story.

She is a high-profile diplomat. I'm sure US officials were well aware of what they were doing before they took this step. Yes, there may be ulterior games going on, but that's a totally different game. You still have to play by the rules, else you lose.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmh3rM1uXY
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

@PeluAnna
Please fair fights only, no calling names.
I had to edit some of your posts as we dont want Mayawati here in this thread.

You disappointed me,Krantikari is a good member and you calling him what not ?

Last edited by swami; January 15th, 2014 at 04:13 AM.