eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 12th, 2014, 01:07 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
office funnies

Please share ONLY real life office funnies.. I can copy paste a million Dilbert and other cartoons here, but let's just not do that.

Quote:
Me on a telecon from US: Oh man, so many things to review. This will take a full hour. You're wearing me out.

Offshore team member in India: Hey yaar, how you are knowing what I am wearing today? Someone told you naa ..
I end up explaining the phrase "wear out" to him.
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: office funnies

So (s)he was wearing you out? How did (s)he not take any offence if (s)he took literal meaning ?
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Please share ONLY real life office funnies.. I can copy paste a million Dilbert and other cartoons here, but let's just not do that.

I end up explaining the phrase "wear out" to him.
Here are some of my own funnies.

Me: How was your weekend?
Female co-worker: Too short!
Me: No. It was the same as every weekend. It started at Friday 5:00 PM and ended this morning at 8:00 AM.
Female co-worker ends up with irritated look on her face!!

Old November 12th, 2014, 02:18 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
So (s)he was wearing you out? How did (s)he not take any offence if (s)he took literal meaning ?
thankfully it was a he and not a she..
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Another similar one..

Quote:
Me on a telecon from US after a long call with offshore team: alright, its late enough, I will call it a day guys, bye bye.

Offshore team member in India: Wait ! What do you mean? Isn't it night time right now in US?
I end up explaining the phrase "call it a day" to them.
Old November 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Female coworker: BJ?
Me: Sure!

She was asking to go to lunch at BJ's Restaurant

Sent from my iPhone.
Old November 12th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

So I think I have posted this earlier. I have two.

Quote:
We hired this India project Manager from Wipro in our office as a consultant and me being only other India she was very chatty with me. Also she had just moved to US with her husband and in LA was a beeg deal for her.
So after numerous discussion about how women in Holywood wear skimpy clothes one day we were both waiting near the printer to get our respective printouts ( Children's Homework ) and she looks at me and says...... ' Dirty I am going ask you something personal ". <Twang> Sound of a spring snapping........
She looked into my eyes and said " LAst night my husband got laid " .... I was nto sure I heard right ..so I went what ??

And she again repeats "last night my husband got laid ..." . I was not sure how react... Feeling the stress against the zipper of my pants I quickly tried to think of places where we could have sex..... My Bosses cabin ? He is never there ? How about the staircase.....

She continued " I am going to send you ......." ........

Her address ? Now, that is convenient but is she looking for threesome ...... I dont want her husband to touch me....

" I am going to send you his resume . Can you find a job for him. He is on h1 but his employer will support him for a transfer if needed'........

Hyan

" Her husband got Laid ...............OFF"

JESUS CHRIST>>>>>>>
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:44 AM

Good one dirty .. Here's one I had posted earlier

Quote:
A gora colleague of mine was troubling this mallu chick who worked in our team... so she goes... "John why are you getting me off?"... so John speaks very loudly "NO NO NO what you meant was why are you troubling me... not the terms you used."

I was in the next cube laughing like crazy.
P.S. Lookup get off in the slang dictionary..
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:28 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

There were so many murders of english language that i now find it difficult to recall. A couple stand out.

'Pressurize me 'is used instead of 'Pressure me', 'say me' instead of 'tell me'. Not by offshore guys but those on site! And prepone is actually an Indian invention. the correct word is advance (some say that prepone has made it to the dictionary).

Let me tweak this for restaurant funnies. on one of my earlier visits to US, I go into burger king and order Cheeseburger, thinking it just has cheese. Another pure vegetarian apparently thought that Pepperoni means 'Pepper and Onion' and hence is veggie and kept on eating them for quite some time till some one told him the real components!
Old November 13th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bagheera is infamous around these partsBagheera is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Re: office funnies

Chee!!! Kitne ghatiya jokes hai. Aur tum log usey bade chav se enjoy kar rahe hai.
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Another pure vegetarian apparently thought that Pepperoni means 'Pepper and Onion' and hence is veggie and kept on eating them for quite some time till some one told him the real components!
HA HA HA. That was hilarious!
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

One common mistake is oversee vs overlook.

"Appoint a senior guy who will overlook the work done by junior team members" .

Old November 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to make fun of desi ppl. I guess we are all easy targets.

Gand mein dum hai to beat the goras at their game. Unka mazaak uda ke dikhao!

Old November 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
One common mistake is oversee vs overlook.

"Appoint a senior guy who will overlook the work done by junior team members" .

but Seniors generally do overlook Yes, I have noticed this one.
Old November 25th, 2014, 06:36 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Chee!!! Kitne ghatiya jokes hai. Aur tum log usey bade chav se enjoy kar rahe hai.

Now, you are Soniya, are'nt you????