eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 25th, 2018, 09:24 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
KGF ( Kolar gold fields )

I went to see this kannada movie dubbed in hindi because of recommendations by my marathi relatives . This movie is doing better than Shah Rukh's 'Zero' inspite of having been released in fewer theatres .

But on seeing it I found it to be a typical south Indian masala movie with over dramatic acting , loud dialogues , unbelievable action scenes . Walked out of the theatre about an hour after the movie began . Did not bother to watch full movie .

Verdict---Bad .

Last edited by ashdoc; December 25th, 2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old December 25th, 2018, 02:24 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: KGF ( Kolar gold fields )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
But on seeing it I found it to be a typical south Indian masala movie with over dramatic acting , loud dialogues , unbelievable action scenes . Walked out of the theatre about an hour after the movie began . Did not bother to watch full movie .

Verdict---Bad .
Looks worth watching

BTW, i watched 'Zero' on the weekend .
Although it was rated badly, it had Hakla. Some other Desis dragged me to this one. To put in Perspective, the last Hakla movie i watched on screen was 'Swades' in 2004. And the last Hakla movie i watched on my own was DDLJ in 95.

Coming back to this one, looks like the producer (Mrs Hakla) and director (dont know dont care), decided to implement 'Extreme Agile' in movie making. Here they wake up every fine day and decide what course the movie should follow that day.
Hakla is supposed to be a 4'6" good for nothing guy (the height also seems extremely agile between the scenes). Pretty much playing his real self without heels.
The story follows 'extreme agile' from there on.
The zero goes from Meerut to Bollywood and then to NASA and ultimately to Mars and then back to earth.
In between, besides the random story turns, there are usual Hakka antics and Anushka playing female Stephen Hawking.

Moral of the story- you can be an illiterate loser and still make it big. Pretty much happens at many places in real life like Cyber Coolie cos.

Anyways- The movie is a big zero and you may not like it despite me not liking it.

Last edited by sgars; December 25th, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added some text like female Stephen hawking and agile height has
Old December 26th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post

Verdict---Bad .
over dramatic acting , loud dialogues , unbelievable action scenes... those the very exact things that I love watching madrasi movies. Every scene is overloaded with extremities

Now the reasoning is this. For years, literally decades, I have been watching on/off dramatic, dialogueiey, flimsy scenes in India movies, both bhaiya and madrasi movies. It is only lately that I have noticed that they are over-doing it... and with oomph. I will take oomph any day than a partial effort at creating unbelievable scenes... be it deliberate rona-dona family drama or dishum-bishum fight scenes. Either be realistic... or be supernaturally unnatural, that is my request

And KGF is one movie I am looking forward to. Saw some reviews... and a trailer. I am sold. Looks like Deewar all souped up to the highest level . Just waiting for a good print to show up... maybe a local theater is showing it.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 10th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Saw KGF last night... with bated breath. And it did not disappoint. The story is typical... harassed and tortured people waiting for a hero. This sort of story abounds in all cultures and societies. And they do get a daredevil hero... now, will he save them or just fulfill his own mission... that is the question and the suspense.

The story-telling, though confusing, is amazing. Only issue is, all characters have a beard... and they all look the same. And since this is a Kannada movie, I did not identify with any of the actors. So, over all... total mayhem. And the characters are presented in a staccato-style. By half-time you are thoroughly confused. But the director does take pity on the viewers... and slowly and steadily, the characters lay themselves out and the story emerges... only to finish as this is only the first chapter.

So, waiting for the next chapter... again with bated breath. In just one word... superb movie

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
So, waiting for the next chapter... again with bated breath. In just one word... superb movie
even major fans of Rajini couldn't take the unbelievable BS action showed in the movie..
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Rajni movies are all fake drama and acting. Not that there is anything wrong with it. It is fun in its own way. This movie is more of over the top action... more like Polar on Netflix... or Kill Bill. And it is the story-presentation that may off people... and it is that very thing that I liked. Only issue was lack of knowledge of actors... which is really not a director problem. And all the bearded guys, definitely a lack on director foresight

Old February 10th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Fantastic movie. Boring in initial parts of 2nd half with too much focus on atrocities on poor people. Far better than any Khan movie of Bwood.

Of course some people will not like it because it is from South They would rather watch a 5-foot khan smashing everyone with bare hands.
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

^^ Agree. I had the same inclination on the initial parts of 2nd half. Who tf cares about the problems that these people have. If they are not doing anything about it other than waiting for a messiah... torture them more. And to have kids in those conditions Just imagine the amount of dust during action

Old February 11th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

saw this this weekend.. over the top yes - but definitely enjoyable... an audacious piece of film making..

i didn't care much for the story - there isn't much there - editing could have been tighter.. but for a movie coming from kannada - pretty superior

it's on amazon prime.. and available in your choice of tamil/telugu/mallu -- so what the heck - give it a watch..