eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old May 30th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Why I left for offshore? India answer me!

Many of you folks left for overseas opportunities for some valid reasons.

If we generalise these then we can pin them down to just a couple of them -

Better Opportunity
Better Quality of Life

I want to ask my nation, I want to ask my India - why did I have to leave my motherland? Why could I not get what is possible elsewhere? What mistake did we committ that we have to be far away from home?

<@ Will post detailed thoughts after I finish attending one meeting.... till then can you folks get the drift and continue... @>
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Junior eCharchan

prosedevi is on a distinguished road
I think neither we did any mistake nor our motherland did any thing wrong (like provide less opportunity) to us. It is we who voluntary choose this life. After came to US we start comparing life over here and life over India. It is really hard to compare apple with orange. So I think both life is nice and both country has opportunity. I donít want to argue why and what but I think there are lot of people in our country who are more happy compare to us but still they are there. It is our own liking that we choose our life and we thinks that we got an opportunity to explore other side of the world and we want to do that.
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:18 PM
eCharchan

King has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I left for offshore? India answer me!

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

Better Opportunity
Better Quality of Life
For me it was neither of the reasons mentioned above. The reasons for me were --

Make some quick money
The exictement of see and living in a foreign country/culture

Infact, I had great oppurtunity and a very good quality of life in India. Nothing to complain at all.
My motherland has done more than enough for me. I got quality education at a affordable cost. Life in India has made me ready and equiped to survive and do well anywhere in the world. I am totally grateful to my country.
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Why I left for offshore? India answer me!

Quote:
Originally posted by King

Life in India has made me ready and equiped to survive and do well anywhere in the world. I am totally grateful to my country.
I agree..
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
A few months ago, I would have completely agreed with King. The only reason we left was because of terrorism in Punjab. Other than that my country provided me with everything a child could dream of.

But a few months ago my family back home got caught in the middle of a mess and I must say that India has the MOST F***ED Up systems. That includes the Police, the Law and the politicians. You have to bribe people to do THEIR job.
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
i just got drifted to US.
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:37 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
at least you people had a choice. for us third generation east african asians there was no choice. we have never really known india.

our grandfathers left india in the 1920's, our fathers were born in the 1930's in africa. my son is therefore of the the 3rd generation of indian children born outside india.

i do not therefore "miss" india in the same way as people who have recently left do. but we still think of india as our motherland and our true home, even if it completely fu(ked up.
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
One of the main reasons I came here was because I felt too claustrophobic in India!
And the fact that all the systems are screwed up with everybody wanting money to do anything (even for liftin a file and puttin it on the next desk !) just got on my nerves!!
But having seen and gone thru all that I guess you can undergo any torture anywhere in the world....a sarcastic compliment ..ain't it?
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Re: Why I left for offshore? India answer me!

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

Why could I not get what is possible elsewhere?
3 reasons:

1.Lack of "dignity of work" attitude(Very very important!!!!)
2.Population (this takes into account poverty,illitracy..hence substandard quality of living)
3.Corrution (result of no.1)
Old May 30th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Hunter Wali

Pretty Woman is on a distinguished road
>> I want to ask my nation, I want to ask my India - why did I have to leave my motherland? <<

I hope motherland soon joins echarcha and answer this heart wrenching query...

Maaan.... Maaan....
kyoon hain teri saaRi mein itni dhool
Kyoon hai teri raahoN mein itne shool
tere bagheeche mein kaante zyada aur kam hain phool
oopar se tere politicians... saray bloody fool
india mein paida hua, kya yahi hai meri bhool?
MaaaN.... MaaaN...... Motherland!!!!!!
Old May 30th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

SimpleHuman will become famous soon enough
Now matter how diplomatic it sounds! mera bus cahle to har country me kuch time bitao! including pukistan

I am out of India may be coz I belive in being a Citizen of the World.

---Not Me!
Old May 30th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with King

India gave me superb educatyion at reasonable costs despite reservation system.

I am talking of things after you finish education and are out in the world to start life as a grown up adult. I mean you college days are over and now you have to earn your bread.

Maybe circumstances from where King comes from in India are different and favourable than where I come from - Mumbai.
Old May 30th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
are yaar Admin. Senti mat ho itna.
To move around to get the best in life is human nature.
NOMAD is the word.

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:11 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Woman

Maaan.... Maaan....
kyoon hain teri saaRi mein itni dhool
Kyoon hai teri raahoN mein itne shool
tere bagheeche mein kaante zyada aur kam hain phool
oopar se tere politicians... saray bloody fool
india mein paida hua, kya yahi hai meri bhool?
MaaaN.... MaaaN...... Motherland!!!!!!
Old May 30th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
For me it was never an attempted migration. It just happened.

But in all fairness India did equip me with what all I needed for success inspite of all her quirks and she owes me no explanation. Agreed I had to struggle including things like eating only alternate days and that too a single meal after I quit my first job. But all in all it I got it even if with difficulty and besides, who does not struggle in some way shape or form.

I had to come here because a)I had the oppurtunity. b) My dad was retired and there was no income as such to support the family. c) What all he had saved went into my sisters marriage etc.

I came here for making money but money is somethng which never stays with me.. All I earned I gave it away.. I made sure everyone is worry free in the future. Now once all that has been done, I will make sure I am worry free for the foreseeable future and then may be retire in India.

I do not miss anything or anyone.. be it India, my parents whatever. I but would still like to retire in India when the time comes.

I do owe everything I have to India and so cannot really complain. I enjoyed life when I was eating 1 square meal alternate days and saved half a beedi for the next urge and I am enjoying now when I can afford anything I want for the immediate moment. For me... life is like that.. Nothing is an achievement and nothing is a failure.. we are just that.. drifting log in an ocean.. dunno where we will end up. Away from India or in India.. I am an Indian and will be an Indian till the day I die.