eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 9th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare - Govinda returns!!

Last night we saw the first half o fthe latest Govinda and Raveena Tandon starrrer - "Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare"

It has all the old timer cronies from past Govinda hit films

Kader Khan, Johhny Lever, Shakti Kapoor, et-al.

The story is about Kader Khan being a big time goonda of Chor Bazzar who wishes to marry off his daughter Raveena Tandon to a "naamcheen aur khatarnaak" goonda! So the naamcheen goonda is Shakti Kapoor.

Govinda is a rich building contruction businessman. By Govinda movie-style comic scenarios Raveena meets Govinda thinking he is the match her father selected for her.

Johhny lever is a trainer who trains people to become "bhai" and "goonda". Govinda must now learn to be a bhai to patao Kader Khan to let him marry off his daughter Raveena.

I am going to finish seeing this film tonight.... Will give a detailed review tomorrow!!!

Looks to be a funny film. Govinda is cool...

One song is particularly very cool... Will write lyrics too.. Its about "Bhai log and love between ladki and a bhai"

Old August 9th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
sorry to disappoint u cha pai but i've heard that its really not worth watchin even once

but well govinda fans can go rite ahead...
Old August 9th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare - Govinda returns!!

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
One song is particularly very cool... Will write lyrics too.. Its about "Bhai log and love between ladki and a bhai"

Is that a raksha bandhan song? Or a "meri pyaari beheniya banegi dulhaniya" type??
Old August 9th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
haha melly.. i was also wondering what that ladki-bhai love song was all about...
Old August 9th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
To some extent

Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba
sorry to disappoint u cha pai but i've heard that its really not worth watchin even once

but well govinda fans can go rite ahead...
I can agree with you because the sugject matter is about "underworld dons and bhai" and that is a very old topic.

But as you know I am watching it purely for Chichi! (Chichi means Govinda to the uninitiated)
Old August 9th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Banned

Dude is on a distinguished road
Here in India

this movie got a one star rating only in the times of India .
Old August 9th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Bush Supporter

tinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these parts
Cool

Govinda is best
Old August 9th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Re: Here in India

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
this movie got a one star rating only in the times of India .
TOI always has a "holier than thou" finger stuck in their butt! Their chief reviewer and movie critic made a shitty film called FIza and raved about it on and on!

I prefer to be in the masses looking for mass entertainment than be a "oh so elite and hoity toity" when it comes to entertainment!
Old August 10th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Banned

Talking bhaiyaa echarcha

that one star rating was not given by Khaild Mohammed .It was given by Jitesh (forgot the surname) or Rashid irani .

Khalid Mohammed no more writes reviews for TOI , atleast he has not written one in ages and in the delhi edition of TOI he never writes at all .

BTW Fiza got a 3 star rating in the TOI delhi edition by Rashid Irani though in the bombay edition the reviewing was done by showman subash ghai and usnay khalid kee dhajiaan uraa dee thee apnay review may .

Elsewhere also I have not heard a single praise for ankhion .....maaray ...though I just love watching Govinda movies , and infact liked Aunty No one a lot which didnt got even a single star rating .

Every news paper in India has screwed up ankhion ....

I have read the story also in details , not at all worth watching I wont go for it at all .
Old August 10th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Banned

BTW Fiza was ok , and worth watching once and I liked it

Infact even remember the date of watching it .It was 8th or 9th sept 2000 ,the day it was released .I watched the first day first show

Some of the songs were quite good and meaningful and entertaining and Karishma looked devastatingly sexy in one dance .

Mrs Amitabh Bachchan 's acting (Jaya) was simply natural and Bhiku Mahaatrey's acting was as always superb .

Amaan (Rithik Roshan was also not disappoiniting)

Over all the direction was simply superb though the story wasn't all that good .The movie seemed to have been having all the best of bollywood combined .
Old April 4th, 2018, 03:56 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the movie with “Akhiyon se gold maare” song, Dulhe Raja.
Great time pass. Besides, Givinda, Kader Kgan and Johnny lever, the movie moves at a fast pace never boring you, except ay be in one qawalli.

This is way better than other Govinda movies like coolie no. 1. The consistently even pace actually matches that of Hitchcock movies. RIP the director Harmesh malhotra. Ankhiyon se goli maare with the same director and cast is not so great though. It flips the sides and here Govinda is high class and Raveena is mango lady.

Reminds me- What happened to Parijatika??
Old April 5th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

"Dulhe Raja" probably figures in the top 10 or 20 Hindi comedy movies of all time. It has to... one of the funnier Govinda movies. A close second from the same actor would be "Aankhen"...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
"Dulhe Raja" probably figures in the top 10 or 20 Hindi comedy movies of all time. It has to... one of the funnier Govinda movies. A close second from the same actor would be "Aankhen"...
I agree both are awesome comedies... but I find Aankhen to be his best!!
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I agree both are awesome comedies... but I find Aankhen to be his best!!
I found Aankhen to be much more entertaining than any other Govinda movie.
Aankhen was a class apart.
Old April 6th, 2018, 05:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I love all those old movies where people try to win girls over with "eyes"

And to think these days there is tinder, bumble or something...you swipe and you hook up? jeez!

No meeting eyes, no old fashioned spilling drinks on dresses