eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old November 19th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Om Shanti Om - entertaining mashup of Karz and Madhumati

Mods, please dont merge my thread with any other. Thanks.

Saw this movie and I must say - masst timepass!! This movie is a good timepass.

Shahrukh Khan and director Farah Khan have pulled off another successfull box office hit. The movie is a funny and clever remake and mashup of the old time hit Karz and the even older classic Madhumati.

The movie is nothing intelligent but a good dose of tasty junk food for the mind. The movie mocks and parodies the movies of yesteryears and even the movies of today. There was some controversy of veteran Manoj Kumar being offended, but trust me, the movie parodies every veteran and the traits of movie makers and actors.

I dont wish to tell you more about the movie as its a clever plot mashup of Karz and Madhumati. That should be enough. The songs are good. Two numbers are quite hummable and well picturised. Infact one of the song reminds me of the old movie where Amitabh is a waiter and all the stars walk into the party. The newcomer Deepika Padukone is hot. Too slim but good looking.

For all of you who are being prevented by reviews or folks who are always 'oh no Hindi movies are shit and Hollywood movies are made of gold' should just go see this film. Very entertaining.

Old November 19th, 2007, 11:16 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Om Shanti Om - entertaining mashup of Karz and Madhumati

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
'oh no Hindi movies are shit and Hollywood movies are made of gold' should just go see this film. Very entertaining.

[/size]
10 years Bollywood is on the way to overtake Hollywood. In many western countries Hindi movies are no longer weekend fair but shown daily in proper theatres alongside Hollywood movies. Local people enjoy them. After one or two movies they get bored of songs is another story.

Sorry BhaYa ... Bollywood movies are not shit ... but some of us have gotten past the stage where you can sit throw 3 hours of sobs, cries and "Kash tu meri kokh se janam naa leta" ... "kya is din ke liye meine tumhe janam diya" ... "diakr he tujh jaise bette per".

Three movies I have watched in past three years have been fun ... Hum tumhare kaun lagte hein ... good solid family entertainment. One where Shakti Kapoor played dead ... Sanjay was good ... two girls were bloody ugly. Lage raho Munnabhai I found most fun ... songs, girl playing radio dj, and the sidekick and the bad guy Sirdarji ... excellent cast.

Challo Bhai aapka OSO bi dekh lenge ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Tantuji, Over the years, living away from home, I now miss the very same 'Kaash tumhe paida karnese pehle main mar gayi hoti' type of movies. However, not all Bollywood movies are good and never have been. But when you want three hours of solid junk food for your tired brain, then Om Shanti Om is a good tasty bhelpuri. And to top it all, this movie has mocked our very own Hindi movies and FilmFare award type ceremonies.

Watch with an open mind and you will enjoy this movie.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

kya mamu pichur nikalkar 2 mahina hogaya aur review abhi chipkaa rela hai? sab bhai log ne ye pichur dekh lee hai agar nahi dekhi hai toh dekhne waale nahi hai...kyon bole toh abhi talak iski DVD aayi nahi...tum log ko achcha torrent mangta hai toh apun ko bolo, apne paas mast print hai.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tantuji, Over the years, living away from home, I now miss the very same 'Kaash tumhe paida karnese pehle main mar gayi hoti' type of movies. However, not all Bollywood movies are good and never have been. But when you want three hours of solid junk food for your tired brain, then Om Shanti Om is a good tasty bhelpuri. And to top it all, this movie has mocked our very own Hindi movies and FilmFare award type ceremonies.

Watch with an open mind and you will enjoy this movie.
Sounds like a fun movie.. will watch it. I like the junk food type of movies. Although I am not sure if SRK can pull off this kind of comedy.. will have to watch.. I think Govinda was the king in this genre, before he got into politics. I have this DVD of Govinda songs with gems like "meri pant bhi sexy", raja babu songs, etc.. SRK couldnt hold a candle to that..
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner
Sounds like a fun movie.. will watch it. I like the junk food type of movies. Although I am not sure if SRK can pull off this kind of comedy.. will have to watch.. I think Govinda was the king in this genre, before he got into politics. I have this DVD of Govinda songs with gems like "meri pant bhi sexy", raja babu songs, etc.. SRK couldnt hold a candle to that..
SRK does not do the comedy but the situations and other characters are comic in these situations.
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mods, please dont merge my thread with any other. Thanks.

Saw this movie and I must say - masst timepass!! This movie is a good timepass.

Shahrukh Khan and director Farah Khan have pulled off another successfull box office hit. The movie is a funny and clever remake and mashup of the old time hit Karz and the even older classic Madhumati.

The movie is nothing intelligent but a good dose of tasty junk food for the mind. The movie mocks and parodies the movies of yesteryears and even the movies of today. There was some controversy of veteran Manoj Kumar being offended, but trust me, the movie parodies every veteran and the traits of movie makers and actors.

I dont wish to tell you more about the movie as its a clever plot mashup of Karz and Madhumati. That should be enough. The songs are good. Two numbers are quite hummable and well picturised. Infact one of the song reminds me of the old movie where Amitabh is a waiter and all the stars walk into the party. The newcomer Deepika Padukone is hot. Too slim but good looking.

For all of you who are being prevented by reviews or folks who are always 'oh no Hindi movies are shit and Hollywood movies are made of gold' should just go see this film. Very entertaining.

Sach sach bol - kitna daaru piya tha is picture ko pekhne ke time? Or were you smoking something special?

This was possibly the worst movie I have seen in recent memory. No head - no tail. Seemed to drag on and on ....

This was not even a David Dhawan style movie ... they tried to do a little bit of Forrest Gump in here ... but failed. Horrible overacting and no acting.

The comedy you refer to ... i dont know what you are referring to. There are one or two scenes that make you want to smile, I'll give you that. But usually out of context and poorly done.

ANd the worst part of the movie ... the second half where they keep telling you .. "Picture abhi khatam nahin hui hai". Bhosdike .. mujhe maloom hai picture khatam nahin hui hai. Gaand kyon jala raha hai meri?
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Full paisa vasool movie!!!

Aajkal misuc ko kya ho gaya hai? Na sanwariya ka music dhyan rakhne layak tha na OSO ka, inspite of the fact people were expecteging a musical fest from both movies.

OSO is mast time pass though.

SRK ab buddha dikhne laga hai.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the movie too.

Shah Rukh Khan is my all time favorite star. I almost worship him. And I love comedy. Although this is not comic all throughout, it does provide periodic moments of laughter. Deepika Padhukone is fabulous. She's just too perfect... I'm almost in love with her!

Anyway, I liked the ending part too... kind of like Karz... only better!

For pure entertainment value I'd rate it 4/5
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba
I loved the movie too.

Shah Rukh Khan is my all time favorite star. I almost worship him. And I love comedy. Although this is not comic all throughout, it does provide periodic moments of laughter. Deepika Padhukone is fabulous. She's just too perfect... I'm almost in love with her!

----------"" "" "" "" -----------

Deepika Padukone is really very beautiful.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:02 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

ohh yeah tell me about her she looks way better than aish...way way better....but me no happy with her attitude coz shez been telling everyone bout her wonderful movie debut, how great farah and shahrukh have been to give her a break...assal break toh usko humaare uppi dada ne diya hai kannada movie mein...nahi toh nobody knew her...

Old November 21st, 2007, 09:15 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
ohh yeah tell me about her she looks way better than aish...way way better....but me no happy with her attitude coz shez been telling everyone bout her wonderful movie debut, how great farah and shahrukh have been to give her a break...assal break toh usko humaare uppi dada ne diya hai kannada movie mein...nahi toh nobody knew her...

Bollywood break anna! It's a well known fact here that she's done a south Indian movie.. no hiding the past and stuff like that...
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
Bollywood break anna! It's a well known fact here that she's done a south Indian movie.. no hiding the past and stuff like that...
sahee side le raha hai...tu uska bhai lagta hai kya?
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna

Even then nobody knew her.
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
I loved the movie too.

If you see the old classic Madhumati then you will realise that the ending is copied from it.

As for smelly - nahi baba, I just had a Coca Cola before seeing this movie. But still I liked it. I cannot imagine nor will I see Neetu Singh with a stubble (Ranbir Raj) and moustache less Anil Kapoor (Sonam Kapoor) in a movie where the sets look so gaudy, with poor lighting and overall no story.