eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old July 17th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Some funny phrases from Sidhu

No wonder this word is coined for Siddu's commentary...

These are few of the Siddhu's comment in the recent cricket
matches...........

*There is light at the end of the tunnel for India, but it's
that of an
on
coming train which will run them over.

*Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are
bald.

*Kenya in South Africa was like a mountain having labor pains.

*India looks like a crippled cobra whose fangs are clipped.

*Wickets are like wives - you never know which way they will
turn!

*If ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would be no tinkers!

*That ball went so high that it could have got an airhostess
down with
it.

*Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they
hide.

*Sri Lankan score is running like an Indian taximeter.

*He is like Indian three-wheeler which will suck a lot of diesel
but
cannot go beyond 30!

*The Indians are going to beat the Kiwis! Let me tell you, my
friend,
that the Kiwi is the only bird in the whole world which! does
not have
wings!

*The gap between bat and pad is so much that I would have driven
a car
through it!

*As uncomfortable as a bum on a porcupine.

*The ball whizzes past like a bumblebee and the Indians are in
the sea.

*The Indians are finding the gaps like a pin in a haystack.

*He is a dibbly dobbly bowler.

*The pitch is as dead as a dodo.

*Deep Dasgupta is as confused as a child in a topless bar!

*We are all Adam's children - it's just the silk that makes all
the
Difference!

*The way Indian wickets are falling reminds of the cycle stand
at
Rajendra Talkies in Patiala..one falls and everything else
falls!
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 17th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant future
Re: Some funny phrases from Sidhu

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty

matches...........

*There is light at the end of the tunnel for India, but it's
that of an
on
coming train which will run them over.

*Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are
bald.

*Kenya in South Africa was like a mountain having labor pains.

*India looks like a crippled cobra whose fangs are clipped.

*Wickets are like wives - you never know which way they will
turn!

*If ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would be no tinkers!

*That ball went so high that it could have got an airhostess
down with
it.

*Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they
hide.

*Sri Lankan score is running like an Indian taximeter.

*He is like Indian three-wheeler which will suck a lot of diesel
but
cannot go beyond 30!

*The Indians are going to beat the Kiwis! Let me tell you, my
friend,
that the Kiwi is the only bird in the whole world which! does
not have
wings!

*The gap between bat and pad is so much that I would have driven
a car
through it!

*As uncomfortable as a bum on a porcupine.

*The ball whizzes past like a bumblebee and the Indians are in
the sea.

*The Indians are finding the gaps like a pin in a haystack.

*He is a dibbly dobbly bowler.

*The pitch is as dead as a dodo.

*We are all Adam's children - it's just the silk that makes all
the
Difference!

*The way Indian wickets are falling reminds of the cycle stand
at
Rajendra Talkies in Patiala..one falls and everything else
falls!
The guys if f****** hilarious man. I love to hear him comment. He is a good addition to the Cricket commentary world.
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
nayasavera

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty

matches...........

awesome collection man ..
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Bush Supporter

tinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these partstinda is infamous around these parts
Wink

sidhu ke quotes ki koyi book hai kya boss?
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by tinda
sidhu ke quotes ki koyi book hai kya boss?
Abhi naya - naya ayela hain. commntary ke field main,

Give it some time.
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Look what more I found..............

Quote:
This interview between Navjot Singh Sidhu and Harsha Bhogle was recorded fifteen days ago. But the Pasha of Patiala had an extra peg of scotch and exceeded his brief, so it had to be shelved. www.cricket.tehalka.com managed to get hold of a copy of it, the transcripts of which were available for a few days, during which I managed to download them.

HB: Sherry, let us start from the beginning. Tell us about your early life.

NS: I was born in patiala on 29th October in 1969. My earliest memories are of my father telling me ííSon, never be a Zeroxíí. So I always believe in being original. I speak English like a native, a native Indian villager. My father was a lawyer by profession, who used to gobble his rivals like sausages with his smart phrases. I used to watch him at court cross-examine witnesses and learnt the fine art of commentary from him. All I do, is translate those phrases and proverbs from Hindi to English

HB: You made your debut in 1983 against the Windies, but made it big-time only four years later..

NS: My big break came in 1987 world cup, when I bamboozled and mesmerized all opposition, scoring four half-centuries in five innings.

HB: Just when you were all set for bigger things, you got involved in a police case.

NS: Yes, it was the most unfortunate incident of my life. Punjab police booked me and my close friend for culpable homicide. I was accused of killing one Gurmit Singh. I am telling you I was innocent, as innocent as a freshly laid egg.

HB: But you did beat up that guyÖ

NS: But then I am a Sikh, a born fighter, someone who will fight with a rattlesnake and give him the first two bites. Believe me, that guy was asking for it. How can you kill anyone who is hell-bent on commiting suicide?

HB: Do you regret that incident?

NS: Oh, yes Harsha I do, If only on that fateful day I had been able to check my emotions, which flew like the fare in Indian Taxi - but ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would be no tinkers

After that my cricket career went in downward spiral. I became like kumbhakarna - six months in the team, then for another six months resting behind bars. My fortunes were swinging like a rubber ball in a tidal wave. Earlier I was travelling on a German autobahn, but now I was on an Indian road. For about five years I was in and out of the Indian cricket team, and my performance became as erratic as electricity supply in most Indian cities

HB: After Sunnyís retirement, you had several opening partners. Tell us about your experiences with them.

NS: Yes, there were several. There was Srikanth, completely unorthodox. The gap between his bat and pad used to be so much that I would have driven a car through it...and our fellow commentator Ravi, who was his exact opposite, very slow like Indian three-wheeler which will suck a lot of diesel but cannot go beyond 30.

HB: What would you regard as the high point of your career?

NS: ..when the Australians toured India with Shane warne. Along with Sachin, I took Warne apart like a child tearing up the wraping paper from his birthday present! I made mincemeat of the mighty Aussies and ate them with Tomato sauce. I was on rampage, just like an Indian elephant I trampled them like the elephant tramples the paddy fields. .

HB: What is your opinion of current Indian team?

NS: Indian teamís performance is like current hindi movies, too many flops and too few hits. It is too dependent on Sachin, Dravid, Srinath and Harbajan. Indian team without these four is like CHICKEN BIRYANI without Chicken,Rice,Muttor, Biryani-Masala. Itís an empty plate. you can not eat it nor throw it away.

Our cricketers are very volatile like the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). You never know how they perform on a given day. They are like bicycles in a cycle stand - one falls down and the complete row will be down!

HB: ... and skipper Saurav?

NS: Saurav Ganguly is too open-minded. If you leave a soda bottle open the gas will vanish! You have to close it times. As a captain he sets a bad example for his team by his poor fielding. He moves so slowly on the field like jack of jack n jill who goes to fetch pail of runs for the opposition

HB: Sherry, you have made a dramatic comeback as a commentator. But donít you feel embarrassed by the constant ridicule heaped on you for your flowery style of commentary?

NS: You can take the tiger out of the jungle, but u canít take the jungle out of the tiger. Why should I be embarrassed about it? In fact, at present there are only two super stars in Indian cricket - the two Sís - Sachin & Sidhu. Let me tell you a secret. Star sports-ESPN need me, as they can no longer rely on the performances of Indian cricket team. After Sachin gets out, they need someone to keep the viewers entertained. That is why they are now bringing that Bakra-guy Cyrus to commentate. I am telling you Harsha, your job is in danger, not mine. Soon the focus will be less on the game, more on us. It is going to become Sidhu-Cyrus show. The world is all about mind and matter, I donít mind and you donít matter.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Dirty Pai... repeat hai isiliye.......

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...light=sidhuism

(I apologise)
Old July 17th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
The interview with HB was hillarious
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:11 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Now this one showed up as a similar thread to the Comedy nights in Kapil. A comment on one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
*Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide.
The original one is

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē

― Who is Aaron Levenstein
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Sidhu was real eye-catching in BB-7, when he had mentione dthis incidet,..

A True and Real Life Inspirational Story -

Cricketer and MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, narrates in the Bigg Boss House:

NavjotSingh Sidhu describes his experience with Mother Teressa in BB house

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ULnUwvY7PXs

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:32 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
NavjotSingh Sidhu describes his experience with Mother Teressa in BB house

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ULnUwvY7PXs

I seemed to have missed Mother Teresa in the Big Boss 7 season. btw, didn't she pass away in 1997?