eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old July 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Even kids know it..

I LOVE extremely spicy food. So when I reach home from work yesterday, my yet to be 5 year old daughter says "Dad.. I got surprise for you close your eyes".. So I close my eyes and my daughter puts in my mouth a spoon full of concoction.. thats hotter than anything I have EVER eaten in my life.. I start sweating and my ears are tingling.. My eyes widened.. and my daughter says.. I made it just for you..

Ok so eventually my taste buds settle down from the sudden exposure to Molten lava and then I taste little by little and I ask my wife... "What is that she has cooked?" Assuming the 5 year old would have had some supervision/help.. It turns out.. she did not let anyone near her when she made it.. so I ask my daughter what did you put in it.. and she does not know.. so no hope for the recipie.

She says she put tomatos and green chillli and some stuff from the cupboard above and grinded it in mixi..

Today my wife gives me the same "chutney" as side dish for lunch.. now I notice chunks of ginger and a huge flavor of clove.. so thats the secret.. tomato, ginger, clove (loads of it) and mirchi (loads of it).. no that is not the reciepie..

I loved it as a side dish.. but I swear.. kids are not just dangerous with matches.. they can be dangerous otherwise too..

Never again am I opening my mouth with my eyes closed for a kid preparation... I am used to extremely spicy food.. but had it been an american or someone who is not used to the spices.. he would have gone into a state of shock!!

Well why that special surprise? I have no idea yet.. the demand has not yet reached me
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
chal ab tera experience apun key kaam aayegaa jab apun bhi shaadi karegaa ...

apun to biwi ke liye bhi mooh nahi kholne vaala

Yaar apun ko bhi phamily maangta hai ... Yeh akelaa L**D, aur yeh Jhaalim Duniyaa.. aur uskey upar sey yeh desi praja
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:10 PM
eCharchan

rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Sounds like you always have something going on in your house, Eveyday there is a new story....

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Even kids know it..

I LOVE extremely spicy food. So when I reach home from work yesterday, my yet to be 5 year old daughter says "Dad.. I got surprise for you close your eyes".. So I close my eyes and my daughter puts in my mouth a spoon full of concoction.. thats hotter than anything I have EVER eaten in my life.. I start sweating and my ears are tingling.. My eyes widened.. and my daughter says.. I made it just for you..

Ok so eventually my taste buds settle down from the sudden exposure to Molten lava and then I taste little by little and I ask my wife... "What is that she has cooked?" Assuming the 5 year old would have had some supervision/help.. It turns out.. she did not let anyone near her when she made it.. so I ask my daughter what did you put in it.. and she does not know.. so no hope for the recipie.

She says she put tomatos and green chillli and some stuff from the cupboard above and grinded it in mixi..

Today my wife gives me the same "chutney" as side dish for lunch.. now I notice chunks of ginger and a huge flavor of clove.. so thats the secret.. tomato, ginger, clove (loads of it) and mirchi (loads of it).. no that is not the reciepie..

I loved it as a side dish.. but I swear.. kids are not just dangerous with matches.. they can be dangerous otherwise too..

Never again am I opening my mouth with my eyes closed for a kid preparation... I am used to extremely spicy food.. but had it been an american or someone who is not used to the spices.. he would have gone into a state of shock!!

Well why that special surprise? I have no idea yet.. the demand has not yet reached me
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
I hope

your daughter has used chohay marney kee dawaa. Salla, roj roj tujhey dekh kar demag puck gayaa meerraa tu just kidding.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
oh! That is precious.
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by landyaBhai

apun to biwi ke liye bhi mooh nahi kholne vaala

abay gadhay,teri biwiw terey liye uska mooh kholegi
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Quote:
Originally posted by rockandroll
Sounds like you always have something going on in your house, Eveyday there is a new story....
Chosen One

Re: I hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Gr8_Hindustani
your daughter has used chohay marney kee dawaa. Salla, roj roj tujhey dekh kar demag puck gayaa meerraa tu just kidding.
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Chosen One

Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Quote:
I made it just for you..

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Quote:
Originally posted by rockandroll
Ofcourse.. with 2 kids running around.. something or the other is bound to happen daily. What else would you expect?

Thats the stage where they are extremely curious, learning, exploring .. imitating their elders and in the bargain doing something absurd at times, very intelligent stuff most of the time.. and surprising stuff all the time. Just that we have to learn to be careful. I have stopped expecting 2 to 5 year olds to be doing nothing and sitting in the corner silently.. Infact, if something does not happen on any given day, I get worried that either they are not feeling well or they have pulled some stunt that we are unaware of, either cases being a bit uncomfortable.
--------End of answer to rock and roll----------

Here are some things which I have learnt when being around kids. Others add to the do's and don'ts.

1. Never run.. infact.. never walk without looking where you put your feet.. for all you know, their skates or toy car will make you fall hard on your a$$.

2. Never keep match, lighter, glass items, indoor plants, knife, scissors etc within the reach of children

3. Nver keep remote control within their reach or you are doomed to watch barney the whole day.

4. Never keep a laptop within their reach.. they are very good at pulling out each and every key from the keyboard and they have enough patience to do it.. you will spend hours putting them back together assuming you can find those keys. Same goes for pager (I am yet to find where mine went) and cell phone (the only number they seem to manage to dial is 911).

5. Never keep talcum powder within their reach.. you risk two things.. talcum powder on the floor which will be a cause for slip and fall.. and ofcourse you have to buy a new one for the next day.
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Pelu Pelu

Re: I hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Gr8_Hindustani
Joke aside..

That is also a strict no no..

No medicines and (especially) poison within their reach.. not only can they kill you as Gr8_H suggests.. they might just manage to poison themself.
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Re: Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Quote:
(the only number they seem to manage to dial is 911).

For Real! The Sheriff's office has been very understanding.
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Pelu Pelu

Re: Re: Re: Re: The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach..

Quote:
Originally posted by Qn_of_sunshine
For Real! The Sheriff's office has been very understanding.
Well the cops who visited our house were not amused. This happened when my daughter was about 11 months old and had started walking.

She dialed 911 and my wife immediatly noticed, ran to the phone and pulled the phone cord off the wall.. snatching the phone would make the child cry was her idea..

In two minutes 4 officers came.. our apartment building had two main entrances.. one front and another the rear. One cop stood with his gun drawn at the front entrance another at the back and two came up one with his gun drawn and knocked the door. My wife explained what had happened but he still insisted to check the house. After checking he told he did the search because for all he would know, my wife would be telling the story as someone hid and held a gun pointed at her.. Later they left but they were not amused at all

Since then my son managed to call 911 once by cell phone while my wife was driving on Mass turn pike.. she had to pullover and shut the phone off, however no cops came.. and one other time when we caught him before he could press talk..

I once managed to dial 911 instead of 01191... before calling India and cops arrived gave me a lecture and went off.
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

The funny thing is that in a real emergency it takes them up to 20 mins to get to your house. But when its a mistake, they get their in less than 5 mins.

Regarding medicines, my son has mastered opening the child safety caps. You can never be too prepared when it comes to child safety.
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:22 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
The best way to a man's heart is thru his stomach.. GPEL

Disagree. If so ... I would have married or made a livein arrangment with Mr. Jimmy Wong of Golden Dragon restaurent, Mr. Antonio of Italian Fever, Mr. Popopolopopous something of Greek Gods, Mrs. N******a of Bengal Cuisine, Mrs. S******** Z**** of Paki Place, Mr. Sur**** S**** of S******'s and several others!

Women should know ... best way to a man's heart is through midnight cuddles, kisses and daily dose of a dozen hugs!
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!