eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,285
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

PM sees price stability by March

NEW DELHI: Under attack for surging inflation, prime minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday exuded confidence that prices would stabilise by March but said certain factors were beyond the control of the government.

Refusing to hazard a guess on inflation numbers, he said, "I am not an astrologer. But I am confident that the price situation would be brought under control... We will be able to bring price stability by March." He was speaking to reporters after the Cabinet reshuffle.

Hitting the common man hard, the overall inflation for December, 2010 went up to 8.43 per cent while the food inflation stood a high level of 16.91 per cent for the week ended January 1.

The Opposition is up in arms against the government and has accused that an economist prime minister has failed to check rising prices.

The price situation got worsened after prices of onion, tomato and other vegetables spiralled and these are selling at Rs 50-60 a kg in retail markets.

Frequent upward revision of petrol prices by oil companies have also added to the woes of the people.

Singh said, "There are certain factors which are beyond our control. Despite the problem, I am confident that we will be able to bring price stability by March."

Inflation has brought in a double whammy for the common man who is not only made to pay more for his daily needs but burdened with high interest rates on borrowings as well.

To rein in rising inflation, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been tightening the monetary policy by raising key interest rates. It is expected that the RBI may further raise key rates when its reviews the credit policy on January 25.

LINK
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
aragorn's Avatar
aragorn aragorn is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,018
aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

So what happend to december dead line?

another deadline?
__________________
- Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris.
Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
raniraja's Avatar
raniraja raniraja is offline
The Y A W N E S T zzzz
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Surat
Posts: 9,845
raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
So what happend to december dead line?

another deadline?
You fugga chaddis don't have any brains . DEAD LINE.. don't u understand? DEAD line.. samjha??
__________________
Nietzsche (1887) : God is dead
God (1900) : Nietzsche is dead
-----------------------------------------
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
aragorn's Avatar
aragorn aragorn is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,018
aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
You fugga chaddis don't have any brains . DEAD LINE.. don't u understand? DEAD line.. samjha??
oh... aisa kya

sorry bhai bhool gaya


by the way they should appoint sibal to count how many deadlines PM has put...he is better than all CAG personals put togather
__________________
- Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris.
Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:37 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,611
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
PM sees price stability by March

NEW DELHI: Under attack for surging inflation, prime minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday exuded confidence that prices would stabilise by March but said certain factors were beyond the control of the government.

Refusing to hazard a guess on inflation numbers, he said, "I am not an astrologer. But I am confident that the price situation would be brought under control... We will be able to bring price stability by March." He was speaking to reporters after the Cabinet reshuffle.

Hitting the common man hard, the overall inflation for December, 2010 went up to 8.43 per cent while the food inflation stood a high level of 16.91 per cent for the week ended January 1.

The Opposition is up in arms against the government and has accused that an economist prime minister has failed to check rising prices.

The price situation got worsened after prices of onion, tomato and other vegetables spiralled and these are selling at Rs 50-60 a kg in retail markets.

Frequent upward revision of petrol prices by oil companies have also added to the woes of the people.

Singh said, "There are certain factors which are beyond our control. Despite the problem, I am confident that we will be able to bring price stability by March."

Inflation has brought in a double whammy for the common man who is not only made to pay more for his daily needs but burdened with high interest rates on borrowings as well.

To rein in rising inflation, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been tightening the monetary policy by raising key interest rates. It is expected that the RBI may further raise key rates when its reviews the credit policy on January 25.

LINK

WHEN WILL THIS STOP! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH!

AAARRRGGHHHHH BANG! (that was me banging on my desk, I swear my PC jumped up an inch )
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:46 AM
aragorn's Avatar
aragorn aragorn is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,018
aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
WHEN WILL THIS STOP! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH! TAREEKH PE TAREEKH!

AAARRRGGHHHHH BANG! (that was me banging on my desk, I swear my PC jumped up an inch )
banging whom?


achcha office hai Desk pe banging allow karte hain


Edit: My bad....didnt see the text marked in red

so u were banging your PC?
__________________
- Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris.
Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:01 AM
raniraja's Avatar
raniraja raniraja is offline
The Y A W N E S T zzzz
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Surat
Posts: 9,845
raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
so u were banging your PC?
..Why do you think his keyboard gets stuck
__________________
Nietzsche (1887) : God is dead
God (1900) : Nietzsche is dead
-----------------------------------------
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:37 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,611
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
banging whom?


achcha office hai Desk pe banging allow karte hain


Edit: My bad....didnt see the text marked in red

so u were banging your PC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
..Why do you think his keyboard gets stuck

Kameeno! Thread ki dignity ka dahi bana diya! This is about price control by mannu and a common man's response! its not about banging! eCharcha jee itni jee jaan se interest se mannu ke words ko believe kar ke thread post kar rahe hai and all you can talk about is banging?

(btw just to avoid your wrong impressions, I banged my hand on the desk)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:56 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,611
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress at work: PM sees price stability by March

Something I got in an email


For the first time in the history of mankind ‘Need’, 'Comfort’ and ‘Luxury’ are sold at the same price in India!


Onions Rs.65,
Petrol Rs.65
and
Beer Rs.65


Last edited by kkkk; January 20th, 2011 at 03:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
economist manmohan singh, inflation, reserve bank of india


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congress at work : Gifting Kashmir to Pak raniraja Taaza Khabar - Current news 26 January 21st, 2011 10:33 PM
Congress at work: India will soon have own Ivy League universities echarcha Indian Politics 4 January 4th, 2011 05:19 AM
Congress at work: Price rise will be contained echarcha Indian Politics 17 December 31st, 2010 06:31 AM
Congress at work - Now NRIs can vote echarcha Indian Politics 28 September 2nd, 2010 09:45 AM
Congress party is great!! Petrol price cut by Rs 2, diesel Re 1 echarcha Economy 1 December 5th, 2006 04:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.