eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Work visas

Notices

Work visas Want to discuss about H1B and other work related visa regulations and latest updates?

Old October 9th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Ban on Some H-4 Visa Holders Could Arrive in 3 Months

USA has slowly but surely become a difficult country to immigrate to. It was bound to happen.

Both parties only talk about immigration reform and they mean the illegal aliens crossing the border into USA. No one cares for a handful of - compared to illegal aliens, H1B are a handful - tech workers.

I have friends in Australia and New Zealand and even Singapore.
Those in Australia are scared over the past few years due to the racist attacks. But they acknowledge that too many desis came there for stupid courses like hair cutting and saloon technology. Google and you will find this. So the locals got pissed and started attacking. People do not realize that Australia is a big 'education industry' where people who cannot afford or get into US universities go to.

My friend in New Zealand says that life is cool but very slow paced. The salaries are nothing stellar or encouraging. You can be as talented but your compensation package is not that great. For example, a mid level software professional will get about 120 to 140K as annual salary in the USA. The same fellow will get about 70 to 80K in NZ. Yes you can live but you dont really have much to save or save up for retirement.

Singapore pays well but the taxation screws you so much that you end up spending on high cost of living and then the rest you pay as taxes. So its like living in a five start hotel for sure, but you dont have anything left to save.
Old October 10th, 2018, 02:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Agree... I do know some rude punjabi aunties who work in the walmart across from my home.. they're like in their 50s, and working for extra cash.. one's family even owns a restaurant, so works in shifts when restaurant is closed.

My main objection is, for somebody who wasn't allowed to work for many years.. and say, the person used to work back home, it's better to invest time in a career after having had an extended break, which is a huge impediment anyway.

I'm not looking down on those that chose hourly pay. I only feel they could be doing something more, but it's my opinion, may be they're content with their choice.
if circumstances permit, bringing in a few dollars home is better than doing nothing. even the spouses who had stellar careers in India dont get a job at the snap of fingers in US. Until they do get the job, should be ok to do odd jobs with an eye on career building ones. I expect if one wanted to work in voluntary non-paying jobs too, they would need authorisation of employment.
Old October 10th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
if circumstances permit, bringing in a few dollars home is better than doing nothing. even the spouses who had stellar careers in India dont get a job at the snap of fingers in US. Until they do get the job, should be ok to do odd jobs with an eye on career building ones. I expect if one wanted to work in voluntary non-paying jobs too, they would need authorisation of employment.
Even for voluntary non pating job, authorization of employment is required?
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Even for voluntary non pating job, authorization of employment is required?
https://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2013...similar-visas/

there are various opinions. the answer is not simple - a general statement is that those on visas with employment restrictions, its not always simple to say they definitely can do voluntary non-paid work.