eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old November 15th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Ratan Tata nails NDA

I was asked for bribe : Ratan Tata

No official article on this yet ,but Ratan Tata talks about how he was asked to pay,when he wanted to launch Tata-Singapore Airlines in 1998.
NDA was in power then and Ananth Kumar was the aviation minister.
He was talking about this in a seminar in Dehradun.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

finally some focus off congress now and on BJP.No official statement from Bjp yet.tata hasnt named the NDA directly here but the period he recalls ,belonged to NDA at center.

Last edited by echarcha; November 15th, 2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: fixed formatting
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ratan Tata nails NDA

Good Politics.. he is matured
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

why does he come out now with this revelation. Or is it that his con party masters forced him to say this so that the force of 1.7 lakh crore mismanagement would get off the media for the time being?
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
why does he come out now with this revelation. Or is it that his con party masters forced him to say this so that the force of 1.7 lakh crore mismanagement would get off the media for the time being?
congress never asked for any bribe fro him..late jrd would be the right person to tell us more about that....
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

pretty cheap shot from a person of such a stature... given the timing.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

I have respect for Ratan Tata for his entrepreneurship but he is speaking as if he or his company hasn't paid any bribe I know former top TELCO (now Tata automobiles) exec. and that guy left because of too much corruption and politics and I can't believe that Ratan Tata is not aware of this.

I am not defending NDA here because I am pretty sure that there were some corrupt souls in that govt. but timing of Mr Tata and his picture of his co. as CLEAN company is not what expected from him.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post
I have respect for Ratan Tata for his entrepreneurship but he is speaking as if he or his company hasn't paid any bribe I know former top TELCO (now Tata automobiles) exec. and that guy left because of too much corruption and politics and I can't believe that Ratan Tata is not aware of this.

I am not defending NDA here because I am pretty sure that there were some corrupt souls in that govt. but timing of Mr Tata and his picture of his co. as CLEAN company is not what expected from him.

Agree.

I also have tremendous respect for Mr Tata.

But, his company not only pays, but accepts bribes too. They accepted and asked for bribes to give Dealership.

So he is not "doodh ka dhulaa hua". He knows corruption and bribery is rampant with all political parties and all governments in India.

He should speak about the bribery in general also.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

And wasn't there a controversy some 10-15 years ago regarding Tatas paying hafta kind of money to ULFA for their tea estates in Assam?

But, this is not about bribes or contracts or ransom money. This is organised and institutionalised corruption at the biggest offices. It is about aviation industry and telecom industry and stadia.... These are not small contracts, it concerns the infrastructure of the country and all the parties are equally guilty in it, be it UPA or NDA.

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
These are not small contracts, it concerns the infrastructure of the country and all the parties are equally guilty in it, be it UPA or NDA.
I agree and that's why it bothers me. Why highlight an incident which happened 12 years ago when I am sure there were more (and possibly bigger incidents) later at the time when current govt is facing scandals after scandals!
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post
I agree and that's why it bothers me. Why highlight an incident which happened 12 years ago when I am sure there were more (and possibly bigger incidents) later at the time when current govt is facing scandals after scandals!
I have not seen the whole speech or Q&A, so don't know in what context he brought up this...
Most companies are always pro-establishment(one of the main reasons of feud between ambanis) and there might be a chance that someone at centre might have requested him to dig up some skeletons from NDA's closet...

Old November 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation How is NDA involved?

Which political party does C.M Ibrahim belong to?? Was he part of NDA??

Quote:
Tata Group's differences with Ibrahim well known

MUMBAI: The main reason why the Tata group failed to start a private airline about 15 years ago surfaced on Monday when chairman Ratan Tata said a bribe demand had scuttled the venture.

Speaking at a function in Dehra Dun on Monday, Mr Tata said he didn’t re-enter the airline business, which was to be in a joint venture with Singapore Airlines, as he was not comfortable with the idea of bribing Rs 15 crore to a minister.

“We approached three prime ministers also. But an individual thwarted our efforts to form the airline,” Mr Tata said, recalling how he spurned the suggestion. “A fellow industrialist had said: ‘You are stupid people. The minister was asking for Rs 15 crore. Why didn’t you pay the money?“

CM Ibrahim was the aviation minister in 1996, when the Tatas had initiated plans to re-enter aviation. Mr Tata’s predecessor, JRD Tata, had set up the first commercial airline in India, called ‘Tata Airlines’, in the 1930s, which was taken over by the government in the 1950s and renamed Air India.

Ibrahim not to press charges

The Tata group’s difficulties with Mr Ibrahim are well known, but none of the protagonists has spoken about the matter in public.

India allows foreign investors such as private equity funds to own 49% of a domestic aviation company, but investment by foreign carriers is banned, a rule many consider bizarre. The ban was introduced in the mid-1990s.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6932530.cms
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:50 PM
aam aurat

Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Ratan Tata nails NDA

From further links on net, it looks like the chief culprit of this was CM Ibrahim, Aviation Minister in Deve Gowda cabinet, not NDA. From CM Ibrahim, not a 100% reliable source, -
TATA-Singapore Airlines Controversy
In 1997, Ibrahim denied permission to a joint venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines to operate a domestic airline in India. Ibrahim claimed that his reasons were ideological, as he was opposed to foreign investment in the Indian aviation sector. [1]. However, at the time, a senior bureaucrat accused the Aviation ministry of being a "a "malign influence"[2], and there were allegations that Ibrahim was protecting the private carrier Jet Airways [3] [4] [5] On 15 November 15, 2010, Ratan Tata, the head of the Tata group alleged that, during the 1990s, a minister had asked for a bribe of INR 15 crore (USD 3.3 million approx) to clear a proposed venture with Singapore Airlines, but he had refused to pay the bribe [6] [7]. Although Tata did not name Ibrahim as the offending minister, sections of the media speculated that the minister Tata was referring to may have been Ibrahim. Ibrahim denied the allegation. [8]
The guy has since jumped ship to kaangrace party

Last edited by Parijataka; November 16th, 2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: grammar
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Tata realised that the fugga chaddi brigade had nothing to offer. He is a smart businesman and knows who can really help him.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parijataka View Post
The guy has since jumped shipped to kaangrace party
Priceless!

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Tata realised that the fugga chaddi brigade had nothing to offer. He is a smart businesman and knows who can really help him.
how was he saved from nano disaster????it was Modi who gave him everything within no time to save Nano..