eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Phil Jackson is back as Lakers Coach

Lakers just had a press conference signing back Phil Jackson as the Head Coach of the organization.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/

A big move for the Lakers Hopefully, they'll get a couple of good players - especially big center - during the offseason trade. I'd still anticipate the 2005-2006 season to be nothing more than ordinary, but looks like they're headed in the right direction with hiring Phil Jackson back

Shaq is not happy in Miami... maybe Kobe and Shaq realize that they need each other to win another championship. It'd be fun if Shaq comes back.

That reminds me of the NBA Finals thread...

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 14th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: Phil Jackson is back as Lakers Coach

damn....if only the old lakers team would be together...that wud be a thrill! I pretty much quit nba , lost interest after lakers lost the finals...quite disappointing....but philli babu waapis aa gaya is quite a surprise!
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
Lakers just had a press conference signing back Phil Jackson as the Head Coach of the organization.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/

A big move for the Lakers Hopefully, they'll get a couple of good players - especially big center - during the offseason trade. I'd still anticipate the 2005-2006 season to be nothing more than ordinary, but looks like they're headed in the right direction with hiring Phil Jackson back

Shaq is not happy in Miami... maybe Kobe and Shaq realize that they need each other to win another championship. It'd be fun if Shaq comes back.

That reminds me of the NBA Finals thread...
What makes you think Shaq is not happy in miami. I have heard otherwise. Miami would have made the finals if not for the injuries of Shaq and last min. injury of Wade. They had a very successful season and I see Shaq and Wade duo for a long time.

Lakers wont go anywhere till their leader is that overpaid, overhyped cry baby...Kobe.
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi24
Lakers wont go anywhere till their leader is that overpaid, overhyped cry baby...Kobe.

so u r agreeing that Kobe is good enough to get the Lakers the championship? if he's that good then how can u say he's overhyped?
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Phil Jackson is back as Lakers Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi24
What makes you think Shaq is not happy in miami. I have heard otherwise. Miami would have made the finals if not for the injuries of Shaq and last min. injury of Wade. They had a very successful season and I see Shaq and Wade duo for a long time.

I heard on the local channel's sports report that Shaq might leave Miami, and the reason given was that he is "not happy" there. Sure, Heat had a successful season, but I didn't except anybody to stop Shaq in the Eastern conference from making the finals at least, if not win the championship. Pistons stopped him once again, and that makes me realize that Lakers made the right choice by letting Shaq go and keeping Kobe. I also think Shaq and Wade make a solid pair, but I don't think they are unstoppable as Kobe and Shaq once were.

Whatever makes you think Kobe is overpaid and overhyped Kobe is the guy who will lead Lakers to the next championship

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
I heard on the local channel's sports report that Shaq might leave Miami, and the reason given was that he is "not happy" there. Sure, Heat had a successful season, but I didn't except anybody to stop Shaq in the Eastern conference from making the finals at least, if not win the championship. Pistons stopped him once again, and that makes me realize that Lakers made the right choice by letting Shaq go and keeping Kobe. I also think Shaq and Wade make a solid pair, but I don't think they are unstoppable as Kobe and Shaq once were.

Whatever makes you think Kobe is overpaid and overhyped Kobe is the guy who will lead Lakers to the next championship
First of all...Pistons didn't stop Shaq...not last year or this year. Shaq averaged over 24 pts and 10 rebs in both series. What Pistons were succesful in doing was stopping all the players around him. What teams used to do with Shaq previously was to double team and that would leave someone always open. What Pistons did was to to play Shaq in single coverage and let him get his points. But they completely shut down everyone else...more or less.

Kobe is a good player but not good enough to lead a team. Before this season Kobe never faced a double team as the defense had to worry about Shaq. Now Shaq's not there and he got all the attention....and the result showed. His team didn't even make the playoffs. Lakers went from being in the finals to not even making the playoffs!! Yea..Lakers made the right decision

Everyone who plays with Shaq, looks great. Penny Hardaway was being compared to Jordan when he was playing with Shaq in Orlando. As soon as Shaq left....Penny's name left the limelight as well.
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizard
so u r agreeing that Kobe is good enough to get the Lakers the championship? if he's that good then how can u say he's overhyped?
Hell no..I am not agreeing with that. Kobe won't take the Laker's to the championship.

The only way the Lakers will succeed is if the Lakers recruit someone like Duncan, Stoudmire etc.
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Axecuse Me?

but they did win quite a few times...lakers I mean....so who gets credit for that ?
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
but they did win quite a few times...lakers I mean....so who gets credit for that ?
Shaq was the main reason. Kobe is a good supporting player and he was good at that.

I will never say that Kobe wasn't instrumental in those championships. But he looked so great as a player was because of Shaq's presence. Remember how good Pipen used to look next to Jordan....same thing here. If Laker can get another "shaq" then lakers have a chance.

Yo wizard..I remember reading your location being mumbai not too long ago but not it says USA. Did you recently move? If yes, welcome!

Last edited by Desi24; June 16th, 2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old June 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Axecuse Me?

so are u implying that Miami heat have a strong chance? But they didn't even reach the finals? But Kobe's stats do speak a lot don't they? I mean he's a good player, flashy perhaps?

Nahi Desi ji, I've never had Mumbai there....I am frm Dil waalon ki nagri but have been in US for half a decade now....so for me home is in India, idhar khaali ek thikaana hai If u know what i mean....
Old June 17th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
so are u implying that Miami heat have a strong chance? But they didn't even reach the finals? But Kobe's stats do speak a lot don't they? I mean he's a good player, flashy perhaps?

Nahi Desi ji, I've never had Mumbai there....I am frm Dil waalon ki nagri but have been in US for half a decade now....so for me home is in India, idhar khaali ek thikaana hai If u know what i mean....
Heat have a very strong chance next year. They were a new ensemble of players this year and they still managed to reach the eastern conference finals. That's says a lot IMO.

I never said that Kobe is not a good player. I think he is very valuable and any team would be glad to have him on their roster(If he can control his personality!). I just think that he cannot lead a team. His position is of a number two player like he was with Shaq. Kobe cannot perform well if he is the main threat.