eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Zindagi Na Mile Dobara - Travel Channel and Dr. Phil you have competition, but dont worry its shitty

Okay how many of you have seen or see Travel Channel? How many enjoy the exotic locales and wish you could travel there?

And now, how many have seen scamster pop psychologists on TV or complete blathering idiots like Dr. Phil? I have seen a couple of episodes just to see how this whole scam works. It was quite entertaining. The kind of psychology or 'therapy' dished out on such shows is quite funny to watch.

Well, now imagine Zoya Akhtar and Farhan Akhtar growing up in the Javed Akhtar household with just one tv. One sibling wanting to see exotic places and the other some bullshit psychology? Well, one outcome is they make a movie like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

The movie is nothing but 3 friends, who are adults but believe and remain true to childhood fantasies. They decide to take a road trip before one of them gets married. So one friend is engaged and the others join in for the road trip.

So this is the setup for the Dr. Phil ... ahem .. Dr. Zoya Akhtar show. Throw in some very obvious, almost unbelievable 'personal issues' and put them in a exotic locale (this must be Farhan's idea) and voila you have idiots wasting their time and money watching such drivel.

The film is very badly edited, has too much of pop psychology thrown in and is only a great visual treat for a few scenes of Spain. Maybe Spanish tourism industry decided to beg Bollywood to come and make a film. Whatever, but I prefer watching the travel channel or national geographic minus the manufactured and completely bullshit melodrama.

Not a single song can be easily hummed along, the music is more like 'Ehsaan Loy and Shankar want to now join a mediocre pop band' and nothing which has either Hindi nor English taste. Its a hot potch somewhere, the singers all yell out the songs. No one sings them, they just shout the song at high pitch.

Stupid movie, and would have been digestable if the stars were like 12th standard kids. Offcourse Hrithik Roshan right now needs anything that will wipe off his loser streak. So even a little bit of willingness of the audience to come see on screen must be giving him a hard on after the disaster of his last few films.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zindagi Na Mile Dobara - Travel Channel and Dr. Phil you have competition, but dont worry its shitty

And please dont merge this thread!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zindagi Na Mile Dobara - Travel Channel and Dr. Phil you have competition, but dont worry its shitty

Maa (H** dee yaar tumne poori picture kee .I was thinking of watching it specially when newspapers here ( TOI ) have given it a 3.5* rating.

Or is it for the special soft corner you have for your Uncle Farhan Smug Akhtar that makes you bare your fangs?

Even I cant tolerate this chutya Akhtar and his super chutya baap Jaaved ( dono apne say bada stud kissi ko samajhte hee nahin , condescending chutyaas ) but have to sometimes.

Anyway ab toh kal dekhnee paregee and may be I wil like it now because I will be going with the least expectations .Some tomato festival and all the reviewers say rminds of the holi in India and atleast the locations are worth watching.Yep I agree Spain has used the movie as a stunt to promote tourism.Here in India atleast the ads of spain tourism narrate the same stunt .
Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzva View Post
Maa (H** dee yaar tumne poori picture kee .I was thinking of watching it specially when newspapers here ( TOI ) have given it a 3.5* rating.

Or is it for the special soft corner you have for your Uncle Farhan Smug Akhtar that makes you bare your fangs?

Even I cant tolerate this chutya Akhtar and his super chutya baap Jaaved ( dono apne say bada stud kissi ko samajhte hee nahin , condescending chutyaas ) but have to sometimes.

Anyway ab toh kal dekhnee paregee and may be I wil like it now because I will be going with the least expectations .Some tomato festival and all the reviewers say rminds of the holi in India and atleast the locations are worth watching.Yep I agree Spain has used the movie as a stunt to promote tourism.Here in India atleast the ads of spain tourism narrate the same stunt .
I have no problems with Farhan Akhtar in films despite the smug smirk on his face. So many actors have quirks which irritate but thats ok.

From a pure entertainment value, all you get to see is some nice locales in Spain and not just the urban locales but some rustic countryside too.

But you can watch travel channel for that.

About the movie - watch it online if you have to. If you like songs in a movie, there isn't a single song which you can hum after you finish watching the film.

The situations are very contrived and immature.

Okay here goes - Abhay Deol has proposed to a girl in the opening scene of the movie. So now he is engaged and will be married off in a couple of months.

He has two school time friends - who doesn't in Hindi films? - who have made a pact that when they grow up, they will go to Spain for an adventure of their lifetime.

Now why Spain? Why not elsewhere? When I was a kid, all I knew is that there is a 'phoren' and rich people go there. I never dreamt that I will grow up and go work in America or live in California or visit Spain or eat Mexican food. At least in school, we were not so 'bright' as these three friends were.

Anyway, Farhan Akhtar is a ad executive who writes ad copy/tag lines. He learns after his father's death that he was not his real father but someone else was. So we have the 'first manufactured issue' - 'Oh my fucking god, I am a bastard. Who was my father? Why did he not love me?' Typical daddy issues like in those innane Hollywood B grade films. His mother tells him (and Deepti Naval looks horrible) that your real father never bothered about you and never contacted you, so why fret and fume now? Problem should have ended there, but the director Zoya Akhtar must be a fan of Dr. Phil and Maury Povich and Jerry Springer, so she had to create this as issue no.1 in the film.

Next issue no 2. Hrithik Roshan is a successful investment broker in London. He is on the fast track, making lots of money and for him money is number one in life. So far, I am with it. But then what does wannabe psychologist Zoya think of? Well, issue no.2 is 'Oh I want to make money so bad that I have no time for relationships. My father died when I was 8 and left a ton of debts. So money is everything'. Oh my God ... its like no one else in the world requires money and only he needs it and so its a big issue.

So now these friends are out on a road trip and have to deal with each other's 'issues' And then you have Katrina Kaif throwing in some wisdom which you typically get in a fortune cookie in a Chinese restaurant. Examples of Katrina's 'lessons of life'
'Seize each day. Live life to the fullest'
'Wohi karo jise karne se tumhe sacchi khushi milti hain'
'Kya tumhe paycheck milta hain to tum rotey ho? Lekin diving karke tum roye? Kyo? Kyo ki tumhe asli khushi mili'

Yes, baby, dreaming about fucking Shilpa Shirodkar makes me happy even today. So should I seize her for a day and fuck her?

And then Javed Akhtar has to litter the movie with poetry in addition to insipid songs. So Farhan keeps saying these poetic couplets which are so full of further advise on how life is and how it should be lived.

I hope I have not screwed the movie for anyone. Offcourse Times Of India was the media partner - yes I do read the opening credits closely - and so you can expect rave reviews where the reviewer gets orgasms watching the movie. Why? Because I am sure that poor sod smiles and laughs and cries all at once when he gets his paycheck!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I anyway may not have watched it. I am better of with my kind of nonsense like Tees Maar Khan or Yamla pagla Deewana.

Ii actually liked DCH and Rock On.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to Udit, Abhijeet, Sonu, Alka, SP and other regulars...

Sent from my iPhone.
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:32 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

ZNMD is a good watch yaar.. Watch in the cinema.. some good funny scenes.. and 3.5 rating holds good.

Cha pai is getting old.. don't listen to people in their 40s.
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
ZNMD is a good watch yaar.. Watch in the cinema.. some good funny scenes.. and 3.5 rating holds good.

Singham is watchable and ZNMD is not....abb iske baad aur kya kahaa jaaye...

watched ZNMD in a plex outside desiland...aunties sitting right next door..they crept in after I had managed to find the most empty corner..

what were they doing there I wonder...but then I realised after reading chachaji review that they had to watch it first to stop others from doing so...

chachaji thoda thoda bagwati bante jaa rahe hain no doubt...i.e. idiosyncratically pricey

or perhaps he is pissed off that there was no tatti scene in it.....unlike da bang where there were lots of holes and holi singh's to peep into/from...but then there was a urinal scene...

chachaji kya tension hai farhan akhtar ke saath???or are you upset that they did not touch the feet of the old man before scaring him??
Old July 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

jawani mey BJP aur budhapey mey congress
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am in my 40s so, would go with Cha Pai''
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I am in my 40s so, would go with Cha Pai''
Its got nothing to do with age - Basically do you want to go see manufactured contrived problems in a scenic setting or want to enjoy some mindless action and kitsch and just forget about reality and problems?
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

Yes, baby, dreaming about fucking Shilpa Shirodkar makes me happy even today. So should I seize her for a day and fuck her?

Haha this one's classic cha... don't u love this man ???
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Did not like ZNMD. Delhi belly was much better for entertainment value.
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

cha , why did u waste ur time with ZNMD
u will definately enjoy delhi pottie belly.

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old July 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
cha , why did u waste ur time with ZNMD
u will definately enjoy delhi pottie belly.

or cycle kick...

its like iqbal.