eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Re: Any dog owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I don't have a dog and I hate dogs, the filth created by dogs and their owners in neighborhoods, the nauseating liberal love dogs are showered with. America's GDP could be a percent higher if it not for dogs.

chutiya amrus even call them their babies and celebrate b'days .. one coworker said I became a grandad today, I was like congrats, is it your son's or daughter's.. bugger does.. no it's my dogs.
Yaar tuney mere mooh ki baat chheen lii. We both are so mature. My close friends and family are also of same school of thought.

Kutte gande janwar hote hai jinhe gande, bewakoof aur jahil log palte hai.

BTW in Bangalore population of domesticated as well as streets dogs is high, isn't it?
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Any dog owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
My kids have been asking / begging for a dog. This is what I tell them.

"You know, your mom and I really wanted a dog a long time ago. We discussed it, and decided to have kids instead. We can get a dog as long as we can put one of you two in foster care!" (i have 2 kids).

I too like pets, but as long as they are not mine!

I don't hate animals but I don't want to have them as my own. No way.

I like seeing pets when other people own them and bend after them to pick up their poo poo I won't bend down to pick up after a dog! Imagine, if an advanced alien species lands at the moment you are picking your dog's shit! What will they think? That the dog is the master of planet earth??
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

I too like pets, but as long as they are not mine!

I don't hate animals but I don't want to have them as my own. No way.

I like seeing pets when other people own them and bend after them to pick up their poo poo I won't bend down to pick up after a dog! Imagine, if an advanced alien species lands at the moment you are picking your dog's shit! What will they think? That the dog is the master of planet earth??
bhai, yahan tow mushkil hai then but you for sure can get a pet in India if you ever think of relocating..

I hope the rules haven't changed there.
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:50 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
bhai, yahan tow mushkil hai then but you for sure can get a pet in India if you ever think of relocating..

I hope the rules haven't changed there.
if rules have changed.. India me naukar uthayega lendi.
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

@28Virgo, thank you.
Thing is she is 7 months old pup and she is extremely big for her age. I understand the breed in question can go up to 100 pounds. It was a joint decision to bring her home. She was literally living with meth-heads, caged up all day.
She is crate trained (phew) but she is yet to be potty trained. In 3 days, she only peed twice outside and rest of the time it’s at home. I am taking her out for walks but I didn’t get any obedience training for her yet. I need to book one ASAP. This morning, I got mortally scared Virgo. I myself am petite and I took her for a walk at 4:30 AM. It’s like she is dragging me around. She must be about 50 pounds now. Unfortunately she saw a bunny. She attempted to take off after that bunny. I tighten the grip on leash and hold her. She turned around and she started making some noise. I don’t know if it was aggressive or disappointed thing or what. I thought if I pull her further, she is going to bite me....
By then it was 45 mins. She didn’t do her business. As soon as we came in, she peed and pooed. I clean it up. Then she started jumping on me. Again, I wasn’t sure if it’s out of love. She didn’t growl but when I tried to touch her head in an attempt to calm her down, she panicked. Maybe she was abused in the past? I don’t know...by then I was so scared. I put her in the crate and with shivering hands made myself some coffee. Hubby came down. I ran to the washroom and started sobbing...I don’t want him to see me like that.

Please tell me this gets better...please. I am feeling so overwhelmed and lost. I want this to work.

Last edited by Aashika; August 14th, 2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that the reward system works for potty. I will buy treats. Today is day 3 of her with us. She has never been to a vet. We got her vaccinated today and she seems drowsy.

What should I do? Is obedience training the way to go? Because she is going to overpower me in terms of physical strength in the next year. I am going to stay the same.
I am trying to set a routine.
Tell me if this sounds ok to you:
Walk for 30-45 mins at 4:30 AM (we leave Home at 6). Keep her in crate
11 Am: dog walker comes and takes her for 45 min walk (another 15 mins to feed and water). Leave her in crate.
5 PM I get home. Walk.
9 PM another walk and she goes in the crate at 10.

This is 10 days in a month where hubby and I have 12 hour schedule. Other 20 days we have better schedules and she will be in crate only 4-5 hours a day.

Last edited by Aashika; August 14th, 2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old August 14th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

I am 15 mins away from home and all I feel is fear. I am not feeling love. Not yet, yesterday I felt love. Today I feel fear.
Please help me make this work.
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

And oh, vet said he sees some streaks of wolf and Cayote in her...
Her immediate mommmy was Pyr and Mountain Cur though.i hope you wonít judge me for this. I just saw a dog who needed a home. We had been thinking about this and it felt like this is it.
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

How much do/did you know about this particular breed? Is what you are describing unexpected/abnormal, or is that how all Great-Pyrenees-Mountain-Curs roll? Are they typically aggressive, playful, mellow...?

You seem to be caught a bit off guard. It's only been 3 days, before you get too emotionally attached, best to let her go and move on. See if you can find a good family, and settle for something you are more comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
How much do/did you know about this particular breed? Is what you are describing unexpected/abnormal, or is that how all Great-Pyrenees-Mountain-Curs roll? Are they typically aggressive, playful, mellow...?

You seem to be caught a bit off guard. It's only been 3 days, before you get too emotionally attached, best to let her go and move on. See if you can find a good family, and settle for something you are more comfortable with.

I didnít know anything about this breed. This is completely new. Rescue pup. So just took her in.
I donít want to leave her. I want to try.
Old August 14th, 2018, 04:01 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I didnít know anything about this breed. This is completely new. Rescue pup. So just took her in.
I donít want to leave her. I want to try.
Good luck. Looks like your troublesome boss is off your back.
Virgo pai can give you all the tips. Else, there could be a lot of dog forums. No one else here has dogs.
But do keep this group posted.
Old August 14th, 2018, 06:04 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

How do dog owners find time for all these walks? I barely have half hour on weekdays to either workout or play ping pong in basement (I have to put a timer on my iphone, so I don't go over), only on weekends I'm able to spare 1.5 hours early morning to play tennis or cricket. And I have only 1 child.
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
How do dog owners find time for all these walks? I barely have half hour on weekdays to either workout or play ping pong in basement (I have to put a timer on my iphone, so I don't go over), only on weekends I'm able to spare 1.5 hours early morning to play tennis or cricket. And I have only 1 child.
From what I see, we seem to make time for these. Like, when I had my first born, i thought she took up all the time. then I had second, we somehow found time for him. Now, we somehow manage to find time for the 'fubbabe'
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
From what I see, we seem to make time for these. Like, when I had my first born, i thought she took up all the time. then I had second, we somehow found time for him. Now, we somehow manage to find time for the 'fubbabe'
Now I understand your problems at work..
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Now I understand your problems at work..
now you are judging me...