eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 5th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
^^
Interesting. Have you ruled out other possibilities like a new set of bras with push up, padding, etc.?
Not quite. It's hard to conclude with 100% certainty since I don't have enough data points to make a sound judgment. Maybe I am just seeing things.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 8th, 2018, 06:03 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Another stigmatic issue..

Quote:
Printed from

Sri Reddy’s shocking nude protest raises some serious questions
TNN | Apr 8, 2018, 06.00 AM IST

Sri Reddy’s shocking nude protest raises some serious questions

TV presenter-turned-actress Sri Reddy, who has been making sensational allegations against casting couch menace in the Telugu film industry, decided to take her protest to the next level on Saturday. Demanding justice, she staged a dharna outside the Movie Artistes’ Association (MAA) headquarters ‘Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce’ in Film Nagar, vowing not to budge until she got a solution. And when no one paid heed, she did the unthinkable — she stripped right there, in the middle of the road, and sat down in protest bare-chested.

“This is the only way I can get them to listen to me. I have had to strip myself nude in front of several people in the film industry who promised work. Yet, I got no roles. I have been shouting from the rooftops about the injustice that has been meted out to me and to several other women in the film industry and yet, I have not got any response from MAA. So I have decided to strip publicly,” Sri Reddy said.

Chaos erupted soon after, both outside MAA office from where Sri Reddy was whisked away, as well on social media, where the whole episode played out live. And the Internet came out in full force, all fangs bared, to judge, shame, blame and joke about the “Sri Reddy striptease”, as someone mocked. Most reactions reeked of condescension:

“For the first time oka ammai pai na GOURAVAM poyyi ASAYYAM vestundhi” (For the first time, I have lost respect for a woman and feel disgust). For God’ sake plz leave this industry #SriReddy (sic),” a Twitter user commented.

Several others reacted with a facepalm or an “OMG”. “There are many ways to protest and sort these things out but the manner in which Sri Reddy has protested is disgusting,” said another social media user.

Dismissing Sri Reddy and her “antics” as something not be taken seriously, social activist Sunitha Krishnan, who is currently attending a two-day conference on human trafficking, too opined that the actress doesn’t deserve any sympathy for her protest. “Just because she’s a woman, it doesn’t mean she is holier than thou. Of course, casting couch exists in all film industries, but I have serious doubts about her allegations. what this lady is speaking is not as noble as it sounds,” said Sunitha.

But even as Sri Reddy is being labelled and judged and her protest is being dismissed as a publicity-seeking ‘stunt’, it can’t be denied that there is something more than just rankling about what she’s saying and doing. For the first time ever, there is a voice being raised against the sexual predators in Tollywood. For the first time ever, someone’s not just speaking up but also demanding a solution. For the first time ever a woman is stripping naked to protest the fact that women like her are being made to do just that every time they go out seeking work. it cannot be denied that Sri Reddy’s protest does raise some uncomfortable questions which remain unanswered.

Why is there no ‘CASH’ in Tollywood?

A committee against sexual harassment (CASH) is mandatory in any workplace, which has more than 10 employees. And yet, the film industry seems to be exempt from this rule. In fact, Tollywood seems to run on its own set of rules, and there is no platform for women to air their grievances. Given the sheer number of people who are employed in the film industry, the fact that there is no CASH is a cause for concern. filmmaker Nandini Reddy, agrees. “We definitely need a CASH to be set up in the film industry. there are so many associations today, but the real issues get sidelined. Actors do face issues of harassment and these associations will have to set up a CASH committee. In fact, it was something that we were discussing a few days ago, and hopefully it will take shape soon.”

Why is ‘MAA’ silent?

Sri Reddy alleges that she has been denied membership of the Movie Artistes’ Association despite having acted in three films. The actress said that she was not given a membership card even though she had applied for it. But what’s more worrisome is that MAA — which was instituted for the welfare for cine aritstes — hasn’t issued any comment on the issue, even though the actress has been making serious allegations for more than a fortnight. When contacted, MAA president Sivaji Raja feigned complete ignorance of any such issue. But Sri Reddy had just stripped naked in front of the MAA office, we pointed out. “I’m shooting right now and I’m not aware of what is going on (at the office). I wouldn’t like to comment on this,” said Sivaji, distancing himself from the controversy.

Why are women in Tollywood silent?

When a TV news anchor abused actresses in Tollywood on-air recently, actresses like Lakshmi Manchu, Rakul Preet and Lavanya Tripathi took to Twitter to slam him and strongly voiced their views against such behavior. However, when a female colleague from the fraternity — never mind how small — has been crying hoarse about harassment, not a single actress has come out with a word in support or solidarity. In fact, the only two cents Rakul Preet could give on the issue was that she didn’t face any such incident.

“I’ve been in this industry for seven years and I have always been treated well. I don’t know if casting couch exists or not, but nobody has tried to act funny with me,” Rakul had said. None of the “victims” who Sri Reddy claims have gone through similar forms of sexual abuse in Tollywood have come forward to support her in the cause either. Even on Saturday, Reddy was the lone protestant. “I feel alienated. Nobody wants to come forward, which is why I have decided to take this step (of stripping),” Reddy shared.

Where are the ‘MARD’s of Tollywood?

Superstar Mahesh Babu supported Bollywood’s star Farhan Akhtar’s MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination) initiative to spread awareness about gender inequality and rape through social media. A poem, penned in Hindi by Javed Akhtar was translated into Telugu, and Mahesh Babu even lent his voice to the Telugu version. It was also shared by several other film stars in Tollywood on social media. And yet, when allegations of sexual harassment and abuse are being made against people from their own fraternity, Tollywood’s big stars are curiously silent. Will the big boys speak up?

Why do we think it’s ok to say, ‘This will happen to women like Sri Reddy ’cos they ask for it’?

The sheer number of comments online that imply that ‘women like Sri Reddy ask for it’, is appaling. Judging a woman for the clothes she wears, the language she uses or her mode of protest and then saying ‘she is like that, she deserves it’ is akin to justifying violence against women. the focus should be on the issues that she has raised and not the manner in which she did. “There is nothing shameful about her mode of protest. It was a strong statement she made; she’s saying, ‘see! this is the same body that you make use of and have no respect for. so take it as a sign of protest now.’ The society, MAA and we have all pushed her to take this extreme step,” says Devi, a women’s rights activist. “a lot of people are taking the liberty to comment on her character and saying that a girl of ‘this sort’, ‘this type’ deserves it. I want to ask them clearly, what sort of men does the Telugu industry have? Starting right from the make-up boy to the actor to the financer, everyone treats women like they’re mere bodies,” she added.

Can ‘She Teams’ not step in and assure a harassment free Tollywood?

Officers from She Teams explain that while they are open to listening to grievances about any issue that women face, they may not play a huge role of removing casting couch from the industry. “Our role is more focused on issues like eve teasing and public harassment, whereas casting couch happens within the boundaries of four walls. In the capacity of She Teams’ role, we can work on the aspect of awareness around sexual harassment at workplace. In the light of this issue though, we can come up with a plan by possibly coordinating with the film fraternity and the unions. However, it goes without saying that any woman with any complaint would be given due priority and her issues would be addressed. All women need to do is approach us and we will ensure their case or identity do not come into the fore,” said Shikha Goel, officer with She Teams, Hyderabad.

Finally, is CM KCR listening?

Unable to get justice anywhere else, Sri Reddy has been vocal about wanting K Chandrasekhar Rao to step in and help Telugu girls looking for work in the film industry. On Friday, a day before her unique protest, Sri Reddy made a plea on her Facebook page, asking KCR to intervene: “Kcr garu Meru ma badha ardam cheskopothe, nirahara deeksha chestha (If you don’t understand my problem, I’m going to fast),which was following by u,and u were succeed..if u can't see it still,then I wl take a next step that I wl stand nude in public sir..please wake up..I dnt even know how to meet u sir.(sic)” Sri Reddy has now gone ahead and stripped naked on the streets of Hyderabad’s posh Film Nagar locality. It remains to be seen if the CM takes notice.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63658197.cms
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 8th, 2018, 08:23 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^. She has appeared in Gult news channels for last 2 months or so complaining that due to casting couch no Gult actresses are there in Gult movies.
This 'Protest' is more a TRP stunt and a media spectacle. TOIlet reporting this in detail is an evidence of that.
One pandu who took an action on her told that there are legal avenues for her to address her grievances.
Anyway, let me check more videos of her 'protest'. Free entertainment. Enjoying the show Her face is ordinary but she is top heavy. Probably a discussion is needed on whether the assets are natural.
Old April 8th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Another stigmatic issue..

The only serious and stigmatic issue here is the lady's face and body. I am surprised she had the issues she is striking against

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 8th, 2018, 06:26 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ If only she had done this in private, she’d not have had to do this in public..
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:42 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
^^^ If only she had done this in private, she’d not have had to do this in public..
That is what she is also saying. Producers asked her to send portfolios almost semi nude.
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
That is what she is also saying. Producers asked her to send portfolios almost semi nude.
I wonder if Bollywood is any different or even Hollywood for that matter.
Old April 9th, 2018, 07:01 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ so I have a friend who worked in advertising, I was visiting him in Mumbai .. he was typing an email saying these kids (portfolios he was submitted by a supplying agency) are too brown/Indian looking, send better whiter looking kids for diaper print shoot. I was like dude you serious.. he goes this is how it works, nobody wants Indian kids on diaper ad billboards, they all want Caucasian looking milk white/pinkish kids. I can't help, just doing my job, that's how the world spins, I can't change it.
Old April 9th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
According to Cambridge Analytica, the developments may have happened around October 2017.
aaaha u stalker u... what's out there..is probably the truth...
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Is anybody in Chicago or neighborhood area? Will be there for a few days.
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Do you like pizza?
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Where and when?????
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
What kind of "Nude Protest is this????

Show some more pictures.
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
What kind of "Nude Protest is this????

Show some more pictures.
Apparently Telugu New channels are facing huge drop in TRPs since they started showing this news in every bulletin, my colleague confirms, since people are scared they might show this nude lady anytime.
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Where and when?????
In Hoffman estates for a few days starting Wednesday ( most probably).