eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Lent 2012!!

Lent is starting next wednesday. What you are giving up for this lent?

I know you are not catholic but still it can provide the motivation you need to achieve something. It can be your resolution for 45 days.

Mine is going to be Giving up laziness for the Gym.

Play more Squash, swim more and get ready for the cricket season.

what you are willing to give up for these 45 days?

Last edited by Premi; July 26th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lent 2012!!

Good thread

What I know about lent is Catholics avoid Alcohol,dont eat non-veg except fish and now some of them grow beard

Now that you started a thread about parhez let me also join you along with many across the globe.

I plan to eat one vadapav less during this period
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I plan to eat one vadapav less during this period

how about giving up vada paav for one and half month.

try it.
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Abe marwayega kya
I eat one wada pav at four different places,will avoid any one for 45 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
how about giving up vada paav for one and half month.

try it.
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Abe marwayega kya
I eat one wada pav at four different places,will avoid any one for 45 days

okay modification... dont eat till you are with somebody.

double profit... if you are with somebody they can pay for it and if you are alone then you are following a resolution. wah
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Super eCharchan

No compromise in eating.Tu bole to 5-6 cutting chai kam kar dunga 45 days ke liye

Quote:

okay modification... dont eat till you are with somebody.

double profit... if you are with somebody they can pay for it and if you are alone then you are following a resolution. wah
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
No compromise in eating.Tu bole to 5-6 cutting chai kam kar dunga 45 days ke liye

abe motu tu kitna khata hai

4 jagah vada paav 4-5 cuttings ghar main khana bhi khata hi hoga.

kha kha ke fatt jayega motte
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Super eCharchan

Is this the first time that you thinking of "giving up" during lent period or you had done this before.
Last year kya kiya tha ya kya nahi kiya tha ?
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Is this the first time that you thinking of "giving up" during lent period or you had done this before.
Last year kya kiya tha ya kya nahi kiya tha ?

last year GF maike gayi hui thi so you can guess kya nahi kiya tha ....
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

What Is Lent?

We don't know much about how the first-century Christians treated the forty days before Resurrection Sunday. The Bible itself mentions nothing about it. But by the second century, the church was starting to use that season as a time for training new believers about how to rightly think, live, and believe as Christians. (The churchly word for this training is 'the catechumenate'.) This was done, in part, by reliving the Scriptural accounts of Christ's final time before He was killed. It was done with the whole church community as they, too, relived it, and fasted together. The end of the training period was Holy Week, and Easter would be the day that the new believers would be baptized into the Church. As the Roman world became mostly Christian and more people had already been baptized as children, the season (known in Latin as Quadragesima) began to shift meaning in a way which would be of great value for new and long-time Christians alike. It would become a time for looking at the depth of one's own sin, and turning away from them. A time for learning what it means to follow Christ, and to listen to the Spirit. A time for actually going about changing one's ways to be more as Christ would have them be.

Lent is a time when many people turn their gaze toward Good Friday and ask themselves, 'How dare I force someone who loves me this much to go through something this awful?' Perhaps they see the Cross and ask, 'Lord, what can I do to stop doing this to You? How can I love you better?' Many times in the Gospels, Jesus called on people to repent, to turn away from doing evil. So the first impulse of love is to try to do things that Jesus would want of you.

But then, we get stuck and gummed up. We fail, as we always do. One of the things we learn in Lent is how inescapable our sin is, how far we are from being complete, how fell is the nature of our divide from God. When we struggle like mad to give some tiny aspect of our lives over to God, we discover how maddeningly out of reach a whole life of godliness is. We can't do anything to fix our relationship with God. We're too far gone. No matter how passionately we might want not to be the cause of Jesus' suffering, we end up driving another nail into Jesus, making Him carry an even bigger burden. (Now, picture us at our less passionate moments....). Even when I'm at my best, I'm still enough by myself to execute the God who loves me.

But then, that's why He did what He did, something only He could do. All we can do is collapse at Jesus' feet. And trust Him. We can't get there from here, but He can. He will take us, and the Holy Spirit will lead us along that road. Through the Spirit, we can love God better. The Bible tells us much of what we need to know, and other believers (also led by the Spirit) can also help. Christ gives us His body and His blood (Holy Communion), His presence among us and with us and in us. Knowing that, we can stand ready for Holy Week.

LINK
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mine is going to be Giving up laziness for the Gym.

Unless if one is a fat, a laborer, a wrestler, or a hijra ... why would a man want to go to Gym?
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Lent is giving up something you love or like ... like Hindus go to temples and donate hair as a sign of repenting. Temple pundits and committee members make millions exporting human hair.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Unless if one is a fat, a laborer, a wrestler, or a hijra ... why would a man want to go to Gym?

you calling Sunit pai a hijra oh... you are trying to prove that YOU are the bought modrator at discounted price.

you removed the details from my post.

playing, swim and cardio.

Last edited by Premi; February 15th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Lent is giving up something you love or like ... like Hindus go to temples and donate hair as a sign of repenting. Temple pundits and committee members make millions exporting human hair.

I thought you like Echarcha?

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely hate meat and hate being clean-shaven. So, this lent I will eat as much meat as I can... all sorts of meat, cooked in all sorts of ways. And I will shave everyday. That will be my sacrifice this year.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless