eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old August 14th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Cool Thats what some of the Americans thinks about H-1B

Interesting discussion on ZDnet, I know he must be a clone to eNRI , but the idea he express showing how some of the people dont like H-1Bs, What you think guys ???

Name: Khandaker Shajedul Haque
Email: bdkshaque58@hotmail.com

Employers can not get suitable US residents to fill up the vacant post is simply untrue. Employers are bringing low quality people from countries like India. Do you want me to believe 500000 Indians working (Under H1-B visa)in United States are qualified IT professionals. India is one of the poorest country in the world. They can not produce so many IT professionals for export. They simply used forged document to get H1-b visa, and employers collaborated with these frauds. INS should carefully examine their documents and INS should serve American people not the businesses who have more preferences towards unqualified( few of them qualified) for saving money in salaries.

Infect some of the indian too giving some good answer to those H-1B Haters, like this piyush.....

Name: Peeyush Indian H1B

H1-B is a scam in many cases, yes! I have worked in this country on an H1B visa (tho I didnt enter it on one), and I AM an Indian, but I would indeed say H1B is a scam in many cases.

There are people who are poorly trained in their field and get job offers from US companies just because they are on H1B. There are Indian companies which promise kids back home a huge salary of $2000 a month (believe me, that is a huge salary from Indian standards), bring them here on H1B visas without any existing job offer (and without any pay.. "on the bench" they call it), make them run around for interviews, and finally when these guys get a job offer, the company hiring them pay $4000/month, half of which is pocketed by the middleman. This is a total scam. Firstly, it is illegal for anyone to enter US on H1B when there is no underlying job. Secondly, it is illegal for the employee to receive less than the median prevailing wage. Thirdly, you cannot bring an H1B worker into the US and not pay them. However, these companies are getting away by doing such things due to lack of strict enforcement of US laws by the INS and relevant agencies.

And you think it only hurts US citizens. What about good H1B workers like myself, who scored 1500+ in their SATs, have been ranked better than 97% of Americans in standardized tests of English, hold advanced degrees in relevant fields from prestigious universities and are getting 6 figure salaries? Dont these H1B workers hurt our cause too, and pull down our wages too?

And as for one ignorant guy who claimed India to not be able to produce quality engineers because it is a poor country, wake up!!! India is poor because lot of people in the country are below poverty line. But India still has the 5th highest GDP in the world after I think US, Japan, Germany and China. That is plenty money to open good schools in a country which has extremely high emphasis on good education. The schooling system of India is one of the best. The acceptance rate of Indian Institutes of Technology is lesser than that of MIT and the same holds true for Indian Institutes of Management when compared to Harvard. So, India can indeed produce extremely good engineers. Look around you, Pentium was designed by an Indian. Sun was started by an Indian, and so was Hotmail. The list goes on.

So, lets focus on the companies which allow exploitation of US citizens and bona fide foriegn H1B workers by flooding the market with cheap labor due to unenforced laws of this land.

Complaining about the H1 workers as a class is not a solution, it is prejudice. Complain about the people who abuse the law.

for more click on following link
http://www.panindia.com/displaynews....id=31322&cid=0
Old August 14th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

shahenshah will become famous soon enough
Well CNET had this(more important,though hardly surprising..):
Aug 13

Surveys point to fear, resentment

Technology workers in the United States insist that hiring foreigners makes it harder for Americans to get jobs, and many are uncomfortable working next to professionals who come from other countries.

That's the gist of a recent survey by career portal Techies.com, which polled more than 1,100 people on their views of the controversial H-1B visa worker issue. The Immigration and Naturalization Service program allows U.S. companies to import foreign workers with college degrees and relevant work experience if they cannot find Americans to fill open positions.

Among the results of the survey: 85 percent of respondents said they worried about losing their job to noncitizens, and 60 percent said they had problems communicating with foreign workers.

The survey by Bloomington, Minn.-based Techies.com included Americans and noncitizens living in the United States. Titles ranged from chief executive to data entry operator. Survey participants did not have to give their names or employers' names, so the comments were particularly candid.

Although the study indicates a general prejudice among Americans against H-1B workers, it also highlights the myths and stereotypes--often highly inaccurate--that influence the attitudes of many Americans.

For example, three out of five American workers said their companies have taken the H-1B program too far, flooding computer and engineering departments with lower-paid workers from India, Taiwan, Russia and Israel. That is pinching American workers accustomed to higher salaries, Americans complained, and it has eroded the cushy wage premium that the technology industry has traditionally afforded its work force.

and the whole report:
Chasing the Dream
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1007-201-6686403-0.html
Old August 14th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Okay now that the economy is down

Well since there isnt much happening on the job front a lot of people have lot of free time to sit and pick and point fingers.

Agreed that many H1B visa holders entered USA with fradulent experience and skill certificates, but this number is a small one for sure.

Many reputed companies hire directly from India and bring folks over on H1. What about them? Do you think they were dumb and stupid to hire.

Its simple... If there is a demand for high tech skills and none is available then you get it from where you can get it!

No one cribs about Mexican agricultural workers.. then why only H1B.... Now that there is enough time on hand, folks just wish to point fingers and come up with crazy ideas.

Last two years teh demand was so high for tech jobs that anyone who could say dot.com or Java on their resume was hired without a second thought. There was work and there was need.... sadly most of teh dot coms went belly up because their business model was not in touch with real business needs - profit!

So now you can sit around and find flaws with everything that cause things to go wrong and pass the buck on foreign workers.

There was opportunity and we came over. If there was none we would not have. At one hand it is said that this a land of opportunity and one the other you want to say that we are not allowing local residents to have an opportunity at jobs.

Gosh.... Its just a case of trying to blame the bad economic scenario on anything that is convenient to pass the blame on!
Old August 14th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Not totally false. I know many who came in claiming skills they never had, or who stayed on after the ERP, Y2k got cold. But the best part is, within a few months they adapt to the new technology or whatever they were claiming they knew....

Indians are the besht..... I have seen a bit of resentment amongst those who came in thro' GRE, SAT et al, studied and then started working, towards the direct H1B workers.... it is understandable though. The student visa guys came here, worked their asses off for 2 years, spent money, and finally got jobs. The H1Bs (the real ones ) just breezed in, and started working at almost 2 times their salary

(OK OK...don't wanna start a direct H1B v/s "Student to H1B" wars" that'll be a new one)

Magar, idhar baaki immigrants ki Indians sey bahut G**** jalti hai.... Pakis, middle eastern, latinos, chinks, russians....sab ki G*** mein aag lagti hai jab Indian s/w pros ki salary unko maloom hoti hai.... even the author of the first article "Khandaker Shajedul Haque " seems to a middle eastern ass.... Roney do saalon ko ..
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Aaapka Dost

Question Big g pai, lekin yaar.............

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Not totally false. I know many who came in claiming skills they never had, or who stayed on after the ERP, Y2k got cold. But the best part is, within a few months they adapt to the new technology or whatever they were claiming they knew....

Indians are the besht..... I have seen a bit of resentment amongst those who came in thro' GRE, SAT et al, studied and then started working, towards the direct H1B workers.... it is understandable though. The student visa guys came here, worked their asses off for 2 years, spent money, and finally got jobs. The H1Bs (the real ones ) just breezed in, and started working at almost 2 times their salary

(OK OK...don't wanna start a direct H1B v/s "Student to H1B" wars" that'll be a new one)

Magar, idhar baaki immigrants ki Indians sey bahut G**** jalti hai.... Pakis, middle eastern, latinos, chinks, russians....sab ki G*** mein aag lagti hai jab Indian s/w pros ki salary unko maloom hoti hai.... even the author of the first article "Khandaker Shajedul Haque " seems to a middle eastern ass.... Roney do saalon ko ..
Education system to apna bhi itna bura nahi he dost, Agar waha ka ek graduate banda with say 4 year experience, start to earn more salary then the other indian whose got a degree from the US univ., why to anybody should complain about, after all this guys is having Indian experience (and you know well How tought to start sometime in India with a job)

what I personally think, its not we Indian whose getting higher salary, may be our salary quite equal or less to the American counterpart, the only difference is they count the Hourly rate without considering the big chunk of the amount is going to middleman.
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Rahul, boss, I absolutely agree. Indian education is one of the best in the world. Maybe not the most scientific, but for technical careers, it is one of the most effective. That's why indian kids who have studied till 5th standard in India, come out here and kick their classmates' ass.....

Magar ek baat toh hai dost....khaaskar, apni biradari waaley logon mein.... software mein new technology aaye huye 6 mahiney nahin hotey, aur usi technology mein 3-4 saal key experience waaley s/w consultants kay resume market mein float honey lagtey hain...
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
rahul pai vo sab jaane de.. 221$ ka vasuli ke baare me bataa..
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Magar ek baat toh hai dost....khaaskar, apni biradari waaley logon mein.... software mein new technology aaye huye 6 mahiney nahin hotey, aur usi technology mein 3-4 saal key experience waaley s/w consultants kay resume market mein float honey lagtey hain...
'cause they have the guts and the brains and the effort to learn and flaunt that skill with that much expertise.....it's the expertise that counts...not the real years of experience
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by aryaputra

'cause they have the guts and the brains and the effort to learn and flaunt that skill with that much expertise.....it's the expertise that counts...not the real years of experience
plus a bit of desperation and the ability to say absolute white lies with the straightest face.
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G

plus a bit of desperation and the ability to say absolute white lies with the straightest face.

that ....my dear friend...is also expertise...wish I had some of it....would be earning a lot more
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Aaapka Dost

Wink chal yaar socha to tha ki chupa jaunga

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Lekin jub pucha hi he to sun, yaar such me kabhi kabhi rona aata he hum kyo paida hue us culture me, us din to woh bundi $221 kya $884 tak wasulwane ko tayaar thi, lekin mere dost, apun ne us din pad (tree) lagaya, khub paani bhi diya, pyar se usko bada bhi kiya, lekin fal (fruit) nahi khaya, pata nahi kyo andar ki awaj ne ek baar fir maar diya, mujhe pata he tum log bhi gaaliyan doge, saare dosto ne bhi di, lekin naahin yaar wo kuch thik nahi tha, infect wo saara episode he thik nahi tha I really feel ashamed about it. Yeh antaratma ki awaj hi yaar kisi mandir ke ghante se jyada tej hoti he

Chalo yaar chode yeh $221 bhi, bhul gaya me inhe. Aur aa gaya usi gaane per "Hum us desh ke wasi he jis desh me ganga behti he"
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

i am OK...i am alright...i am feeling better....

baby shteps...baby shteps...
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:42 AM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Hahahahahahahaha...Dil ke araman ansoyon mein bah gaye-----
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: chal yaar socha to tha ki chupa jaunga

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul

Lekin jub pucha hi he to sun, yaar such me kabhi kabhi rona aata he hum kyo paida hue us culture me, us din to woh bundi $221 kya $884 tak wasulwane ko tayaar thi, lekin mere dost, apun ne us din pad (tree) lagaya, khub paani bhi diya, pyar se usko bada bhi kiya, lekin fal (fruit) nahi khaya, pata nahi kyo andar ki awaj ne ek baar fir maar diya, mujhe pata he tum log bhi gaaliyan doge, saare dosto ne bhi di, lekin naahin yaar wo kuch thik nahi tha, infect wo saara episode he thik nahi tha I really feel ashamed about it. Yeh antaratma ki awaj hi yaar kisi mandir ke ghante se jyada tej hoti he

Chalo yaar chode yeh $221 bhi, bhul gaya me inhe. Aur aa gaya usi gaane per "Hum us desh ke wasi he jis desh me ganga behti he"
Chal koi baat nahi.. ab bhi kuch insaan baaki hain is dharti par jo apne antaraatma ki awaaz sunte hain.. par yaar tu naa kabhi to is antar aatmaa ka volume kum kar liyaa kar.. nahi to tere bank balance teri antar aatma hi khatam kar degi..
Old August 14th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Ravi,

He will never be able recover(?) that! He had to ditch two females to meet that gori...........

Miya Fuski ko to hamara shraap laga hai............
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American