eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old July 22nd, 2002, 05:19 PM
Vettaikaran

Parashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud of
Cricket fan builds temple to help India win World Cup

Cricket fan builds temple to help India win World Cup

An Indian cricket fan has built a temple to help his country win next year's World Cup in South Africa.

Ramakrishnan built his shrine, containing two granite idols of the Elephant god Ganesha, in Chennai.

One of the idols has its trunk pointing to the right, the other to the left to help both left and right-handed players.

Ganesha is worshipped by Hindus as the remover of obstacles.

Ramakrishnan told newspaper Sandhya Varta prayers at the temple helped India win the recent NatWest Trophy final against England.

He said: "I am sure people can help India win the World Cup by visiting the temple and chanting the name of god. It will help increase the players' energy levels."

Hundreds of local cricketers have been visiting the temple to offer prayers to the deity before going on to play their matches.

A school teacher K M Vinayakam said: "It is true that people in this country are crazy about the game which is next only to religion, but building a temple is carrying the interest a bit too far.

"If games were won by prayers alone India would have won all the World Cups played so far."

Story filed: 17:49 Sunday 21st July 2002
Once my processor is rented cycles in Korea, my RAM is in orbit, and my storage media is distributed in 10K chunks all over the former Soviet Union, and there is no noticable performance hit. Then I'll have enough bandwidth.

http://www.vinod.us

http://www.storagedimensions.us
Old July 23rd, 2002, 07:51 AM
Junior eCharchan

kishore is on a distinguished road
Some years back there was a temple built for amitabh with his statue in it,
I heard that there is temple on the name of sunny deol also

now the comming temples will be of, Sachin, ganguly,Advani, thackrey,modi,uma bharti, lallo.

I dont understand why most of our hinuds behave in this manner.Already we have 3 crores gods & goddess,why do we need more??????

We made shivaji also a god,he was nothing but a king.In pune we can find lots of shivajitemples, jijamata temples.