eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old November 21st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Talking Hilarious travel incident

Mein Geeta pe kasam khake keh raha hoon..what I am saying is 100% truth..>0.0001% fabrication!

I was about to board the direct flight from Chicago-N.Delhi and just waiting for my group no to be called. An old lady with a >1yr old baby and a young guy were conversing in Gujarati behind me. I looked back and they had a stroller. Being such a nice guy, I told that there was an announcement that all strollers have to be tagged and needed a 'Gate check-in'. They would get the stroller back at the gate at N.Delhi. This guy requested me to help his mom because she was travelling alone with a baby and did not know any other language besides Gujarati. This old lady had a baby, diaper bag, stroller and a carry-on bag. I was wondering how this guy got to come up to the gate to drop her off...but I agreed and moved on!

At N.Delhi, while waiting for my stroller at the gate, this woman comes out panicking and screaming in Gujarati that her carryon bag was missing. First, I took my stroller and got my daughter settled, then I handed her baby to my wife and went inside the cabin to check. She said that her carry-on could not fit in the overhead bin so the flight attendant checked it in. She was unable to find the baggage claim ticket given to her and started yelling in Gujarati "Bag maa maaru badhu sona che..!!" (all my gold is in that bag). I asked her to calm down and talked to the flight attendant and the pilot (whom she was pointing and yelling and he was totally confused what the hell was going on). The flight attendant told us that she can collect the bag at baggage claim along with her other luggage. I asked this gujju lady to follow me...

At the immigration checkpoint, she was right behind me. When I went up for my immigration checkin, she followed me. The officer thought she was with me and I asked her to go to another checkpoint. She was meandering through the immigration checkpoint (leaving her baby and diaper bag with us). The immigration officer saw that she was totally lost. So he caled her and asked her to stand behind and wait until I was done.

We got done with our checkin and this lady comes up. The baby had a American passport and PIO card. So he was fine. She had a renewed Indian passport. The officer asked for her expired passport. Total confusion again.. finally, she said that somebody in Chicago told her that the expired passport was not required so she threw it away!!! Then the immigration officer started: "yeh to bahut problem hoga!" The discussion went on for a while. My wife had already gone to the baggage claim area and I started getting worried about them. The officer openly asked her if she could give him some money, he would let her go. She said all her money was in the carryon bag. He asked me to pay and collect from her. I flatly declined!! I asked him "How much do you want?". He said "100". I told this to her and the lady yelled "BA SAU (200), hoon tamne ba sau dollar aapees" ( I will give you $200)

At baggage claim, her carryon did not show up and she was in total state of panic!! She was yelling "Maru badhu sona, dollar...sona che..sona che e bag maa!". I had to run around talking to everyone to figure out where it was. She wanted baggage assistance, so she yelled to a helper "SAU DOLLAR AAPEES!!" (I will pay $100). That guy stopped helping everyone else and focussed only on her!!! Finally, all checked in carry ons appeared between the carousels along with 10 other bags. She was ecstatic. She was thanking me profusely and I left. My wife was totally upset with my sudden display of social service.

While I was making my way thru the Green channel, the immigration officer ran up to me to inquire about the woman...I pointed her out and thought to myself "Go F**k her brains out!"
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hilarious travel incident

Benchod what a anticlimax .......... isme hilarious kya hia yaar ??
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
Benchod what a anticlimax .......... isme hilarious kya hia yaar ??
I agree with you, but we have to remember that the great Shambhu Sadashiv (aka Har Har Mahadev) has the third eye, The Eye for Humor which we mortals don't have or not developed

Man, I am feeling very proud of myself today...I have a revelation, that the God Of Comedy is the Lord Shiva himself, the proof of which is the Lord Ganesh himself!
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:51 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

One good thing.. You helped her out. I think her son or relative should have been a bit more careful and explained how things work. At least you helped her, but what if you were not there to help her.
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:44 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
truth..>0.0001% fabrication!

N.Delhi The officer openly asked her if she could give him some money, he would let her go.
Impossible and you call that mere 0.0001% fabrication?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how can one throw one's old passport just because someone suggested that it is useless ... even old people atleast the one's in India are known to keep their tickets even after their trip ... I think maaji probably was more worried about the sona rather than anything else ... but then who keeps sona in baggages that get checked in rather than having it in a carry-on .... saala kitna sona leyy jaa rahi theee ...100 tola or something ...

Yeh kahani mein bahut saare loopholes ... mujhe toh poori daal hi kaali lag rahi hai ... ek toh Gujarati aur uske upar seyy sonaa aur woh bhi bhagwaan bharosey aur uskey uparsey itni sayaani janaani ... baat kuch hajam nahi huyi

may be maaji ki satak gayi theeee
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
while waiting for my stroller at the gate
You still use stroller ?
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
You still use stroller ?

Now that is hilarious
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

All I could read in the whole story was Haraharadeva pai's total crush on this old lady... his erotic imagination for this lady exceeds all norms (his final statement). He even leaves his wife alone with somebody else's baby Looks like this old lady was very beautiful or Haramaradeva pai has a fascination for old, toothless ladies

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:00 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold

He even arranged two strollers so that both of them could drive into the sunset...at one point he almost says it but stops short that they were planning to use these strollers to sing a duet together as follows(from Hero No. 1)

Maine stroller se jaa raa thaa...unhein conveyor se aari thee.....taiiiyunnn

Maine Stroller se jaaraa thaa unhein conveyor se aari thee...tanaanaan tana tana

kiya green channel ka ishaaara...mujhe badnaam kiya naa....kiya green channel ka ishaara mujhe badnaam kiya naaaaaaaa......

Yeh mereko dheere dheere murder ki story banti nazarr aa rahi hai...bacche bhi hain plot mein...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laal_langot
He even arranged two strollers so that both of them could drive into the sunset...at one point he almost says it but stops short that they were planning to use these strollers to sing a duet together as follows(from Hero No. 1)

Maine Stroller se jaaraa thaa unhein conveyor se aari thee...tanaanaan tana tana

kiya green channel ka ishaaara...mujhe badnaam kiya naa....kiya green channel ka ishaara mujhe badnaam kiya naaaaaaaa......

Yeh mereko dheere dheere murder ki story banti nazarr aa rahi hai...bacche bhi hain plot mein...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laal_langot

Shit.....From where on earth you get these types....
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While I was making my way thru the Green channel, the immigration officer ran up to me to inquire about the woman...I pointed her out and thought to myself "Go F**k her brains out!"
i'm laughing since y'day... kya hilarious tha boss... this deserves a movie...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; November 22nd, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
i'm laughing since y'day... kya hilarious tha boss... this deserves a movie...
Maybe this can be turned into a "Saw" type of movie a la what Echahcri pai posted here some days ago... the gujju lady screams at Haramaradara pai "Ba sau, ghari chalu che... hoon tamne ba sau dollar aapees". Harmahhar pai agrees, calls for a cab and along with wife and kid and old lady goes to her old palatial house... where the old lady invites them in, offers them tea laced with sleep-inducing drugs... and when they wake up they find themselves in a dungeon... with a big note on the wall, "only 2 of you can survive" (don't know how to put that in gujurathi). Of course in a corner they find the baby that the old lady was carrying all torn up and shredded into pieces... a baby-doll... with a nasty piece of work done on it.

Of course, this crashes all dreams and fantasies that Haradaramahaan pai had had about him and the old lady waltzing into the sunset on strollers

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

I shocked! nodoby find story funny?? I hardly shocked!!

Old gujju lady with diaper bag, baby, carryon full of sona and stroller
+ she throw away passport
+ she offer 200 when officer aks 100
+ she give coolie $100 and he stop helping other pessenger
+ so many other issue I point out so funnily in story
----------------------------------------------------
Story filled with hilary!

echarcha members too dry to understand polished humor...I shocked..sala..I shocked