eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 29th, 2018, 08:40 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Karwaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
here's a nice song set in scenic countryside
I am based in a 'collaborative workspace', i.e. no privacy. So, cannot listen to these songs at work. Will check them later on.
Old August 29th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
from entertainment point of view , 'zindagi milegi na dobara' was a good movie . but the message it gave was all crap---

I completely concur with ashdoc on two movies - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Tamaasha.

Infact I wrote about that crap Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara movie. This movie was a rip off of the movie Fandango. Doesn't matter, the message was crap.

As a child and then growing up I wanted to be into a different field than the one I am in. However, there were no opportunities then and I had to make a career to have a good life. So I had to get into what I am into today as that was the best career option in those days. I don't regret it one minute. I do miss the chance at doing what I wanted, but in real life you never get sudden millions to live comfortably and spend the rest of the life doing what you wanted to do. It happens only in the movies and very rarely in real life.

Whether you were born in a developed country like USA or a developing country like India, the reality is that you have to get a job to earn a living. By job, I mean it could be a regular salaried job or maybe a small enterprise like a shop. Basically you need to do something which will earn you a living.

Both movies show that do what your heart desires and don't worry about earning a living. Maybe possible if your father was really rich and left you a fantastic inheritance. I am sure Abhishekh Bacchan does not need to work as his father is toiling even today earning a living and building an inheritance for his son.

Both movies are crap when it comes to the theme and message.
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:08 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
As a child and then growing up I wanted to be into a different field than the one I am in. However, there were no opportunities then and I had to make a career to have a good life. So I had to get into what I am into today as that was the best career option in those days. I don't regret it one minute. I do miss the chance at doing what I wanted, but in real life you never get sudden millions to live comfortably and spend the rest of the life doing what you wanted to do. It happens only in the movies and very rarely in real life.

Whether you were born in a developed country like USA or a developing country like India, the reality is that you have to get a job to earn a living. By job, I mean it could be a regular salaried job or maybe a small enterprise like a shop. Basically you need to do something which will earn you a living.

Both movies show that do what your heart desires and don't worry about earning a living. Maybe possible if your father was really rich and left you a fantastic inheritance. I am sure Abhishekh Bacchan does not need to work as his father is toiling even today earning a living and building an inheritance for his son.
American colleague, 24 yr old girl at happy hour.. my life sucks, my friend she is working at a beach bar in Louisiana, making good money and having a blast every day, I wish I had a life like that. I told her after 10 years, you will have a saving, may be a family, a career in IT, 401K, etc.. your friend will wish she took a regular job. She was like I don't know.. real life is not fun, I only want fun life.. I told her real life enables fun life, whether it is your own or somebody else's. Now she was convinced.

A relative of mine growing up wanted to be a musician, was talented and never did much in terms of schooling, ran away from home once. His parents found him after a few months, told him to study music and be at home. Eventually he's a folk and ghazal singer but money is often hard to come by, thankfully grandpa got him into a govt job or he'd be far worse.
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:17 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Now my life seems to suck. I am not with a 24 year girl at a Bar
Old August 30th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

a part of the message is also that if one is doing what their heart desires, then that is more than any comfort any amount of money will provide - hrithik leaving his cushy job going to Morrocco without knowing how he will earn money to fund his lavish lifestyle.

there are compromises everyday in life. choose which ones to make.

btw, I am in a similar-ish boat like you. I dont repent changing direction in my life - I am now in the habit of the comfy life I have.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post

btw, I am in a similar-ish boat like you. I dont repent changing direction in my life - I am now in the habit of the comfy life I have.
There you go!

In USA, you could be very good at sports like basket ball or baseball and make a career in it. There is infrastructure and systems here which let you make a career in sports. You need not be the very best but really good and still you will be on some team and make some money.

In India if you are good at cricket, its of no use. You really really need to be super super good plus you need really really good contacts and influence to get into cricket. No other sport receives so much adulation, money and support.

So I discourage anyone in India to get into sports, however good they are. Unless they have the money to hire a personal coach, spend lakhs on going abroad for competitions, etc.

And if you happen to take up software engineering then you need to aim to get out of India. In India, all computer companies are into services. So you end up abroad anyway.

Other than the Indian government which gets into sporadic software implementation no one in India really cares or adopts software. I mean all the software that big enterprises have is all bought and integrated. So there isn't a solid option for setting up shop in India for software. In developed countries, the adoption of software to automate is much much more.

If you have some talent like singing then you need to participate in those reality tv shows and ultimately sleep with some producer director to get a break in films. Else you end up singing in private parties and then do a full time job to survive.
Old August 31st, 2018, 12:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
I completely concur with ashdoc on two movies - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Tamaasha.

Infact I wrote about that crap Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara movie. This movie was a rip off of the movie Fandango. Doesn't matter, the message was crap.

You think the father would be working so hard so long if he had just one son. He may be a baap of many unannounced ones. Isliye buddha ragad raha hai abhi talak. Kismet apni apni....