eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old August 9th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Prison

Of late I have been watching a lot of crime related shows. Mind Hunter, Orange is the New Black and recently, I am a Killer.
There is one thing I still dont understand. What is the reason behind this solitary confinement with no privileges? It seems to work against the agenda (i.e preventing the perpetrator to commit the crime again). When in solitary confinement, especially that last longer than a few months, once they let these people out, they seem to act up even more.

Then why? any ideas?
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Of late I have been watching a lot of crime related shows. Mind Hunter, Orange is the New Black and recently, I am a Killer.
There is one thing I still dont understand. What is the reason behind this solitary confinement with no privileges? It seems to work against the agenda (i.e preventing the perpetrator to commit the crime again). When in solitary confinement, especially that last longer than a few months, once they let these people out, they seem to act up even more.

Then why? any ideas?
Serial killers and repeat murderers really cannot be 'cured' and 'made safe for society'. So solitary confinement is to break them down and send a message that 'this is it. You did horrible things. Now here is your punishment'.

I mean, I am not a psychologist, but this is the message I think.
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:40 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to be set an example for the prisoners to behave inside the prison.
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:56 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Then why? any ideas?
Why release them? If they want to do crime again, that means they are real stupid and wanting to be locked up again.
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Serial killers and repeat murderers really cannot be 'cured' and 'made safe for society'. So solitary confinement is to break them down and send a message that 'this is it. You did horrible things. Now here is your punishment'.

I mean, I am not a psychologist, but this is the message I think.
I dont have an expert opinion on this, but not having any communication with the outside world is going to be counter productive. When you dont have people around for an extended period of time (over 90 days), it tends to change the metal behaviour of the person. This is how I see it, at least from the news I gather. You lash out on guards, you lash out at the other inmates (usually its a 23 hour confinement period with two 30 min breaks which may or maynot get out outside).

I dont have sympathy for these people, dont get me wrong. Its just an observation.
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
It seems to be set an example for the prisoners to behave inside the prison.
ya, i can see this to be a reason. Its being used to teach a lesson for the "others". rarely does it help the person involved.
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Why release them? If they want to do crime again, that means they are real stupid and wanting to be locked up again.
I didnt mean they should be released. I meant, from solitary confinement to the regular prison premises. I understand the guards use these to control the gangs and any kind of violence; however, over a certain period of time, it simply becomes redundant. This is what i am noticing.
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:13 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didnt mean they should be released. I meant, from solitary confinement to the regular prison premises. I understand the guards use these to control the gangs and any kind of violence; however, over a certain period of time, it simply becomes redundant. This is what i am noticing.
What better slightly humane way we have accessible? Society would want them out of their contact, locked up in a place where they can't cause harm.