eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 29th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Question A Challenging Medical Puzzle

I have consulted umpteen doctors. Hitherto none gave a satisfactory answer. Hitherto none gave a satisfactory explanation.

Symptom 1:

Prone to abnormally high number of mistakes in clerical and data entry tasks: Everybody makes a little bit of mistakes in clerical and data entry work. But in my case, the frequency of mistakes is abnormally high and hence the complaint. Now don’t ignore symptom no. 1 because the description is small.

Symptom 2:

Immense difficulty in doing work in organized/orderly way:

Example 1: Suppose 10 new desktop computers are purchased for a college laboratory. One power cable is for CPU. It is plugged to electrical socket to turn on the CPU. Another power cable is for Monitor. It is plugged to electrical socket to turn on the Monitor. A VGA cable is used to connect Monitor to the CPU. Keyboard and mouse is to be connected to the CPU. So setting up the 10 desktop computers should be easy. It should be piece of cake. To me it is abnormally perplexing and confusing.

Example 2: Suppose there are 30 computer systems in a lab. This computer lab is to be prepared for a class test of computer science students. Some are damaged beyond repair. Some systems have perfect CPU but partially damaged keyboard or mouse. A decision has to be taken whether those systems’s keyboard/mouse is to be exchanged with the keyboard/mouse of irreparable systems or if the damage is minor. Some systems have small issues with CPU but are manageable even without repair. Some CPUs should be necessarily repaired in order to use them. Some don’t have CD drive and hence external CD drive is to be used to install software on them. Some have inbuilt CD drive but since their USB ports are not working, the CDs have to be first removed from the portable external CD drive and then inserted in the system’s inbuilt CD drive.

Now the task is to make ready as many systems as possible for the class test and give a detailed account of how many are working, how many are not working, what are the issues of defective systems etc.

Of course, such complexity would be confusing to even normal people. But other employees go about it easily. To me it is abnormally perplexing and confusing. The lab of 30 systems seems like a lab of billions of systems with a great variety of defects in them, each requiring different corrective actions.

Symptom 3:

Staggering slowness:
I do things very slowly. Be it any task. Be it washing clothes at home, be it packing, be it assembling desktops, be it data entry tasks, be it clerical tasks and so on. What others do in 15 minutes, I do it in 2 hours.

As a result, I have to surreptitiously enter the lab after working hours like a thief and stay till late at night in order to complete the job. I also have to spend my holidays secretly working in college. At such times I would be in fear of boss or his boss showing up at the college.

Overall effects of this neurological / neuropsychiatric disorder:

My boss and colleagues tolerate me. Practically speaking, they do my work and I simply collect salary. I get scolded a lot but still I am tolerated because they are kind. My boss and his boss have not fired me for many many years because they are considerate of the fact that it is difficult to get another job. Nowhere else in the world is such a useless employee tolerated so much. The degree of tolerance, the globally unique position I am in - you have to see it to believe it.

They scold me like hell. If you had been in my place, you may have beaten them up. They scold me but they don't fire me. That's kindness.
Old July 29th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: A Challenging Medical Puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
I have consulted umpteen doctors. Hitherto none gave a satisfactory answer. Hitherto none gave a satisfactory explanation.

Symptom 1:

Prone to abnormally high number of mistakes in clerical and data entry tasks: Everybody makes a little bit of mistakes in clerical and data entry work. But in my case, the frequency of mistakes is abnormally high and hence the complaint. Now donít ignore symptom no. 1 because the description is small.

Symptom 2:

Immense difficulty in doing work in organized/orderly way:

Example 1: Suppose 10 new desktop computers are purchased for a college laboratory. One power cable is for CPU. It is plugged to electrical socket to turn on the CPU. Another power cable is for Monitor. It is plugged to electrical socket to turn on the Monitor. A VGA cable is used to connect Monitor to the CPU. Keyboard and mouse is to be connected to the CPU. So setting up the 10 desktop computers should be easy. It should be piece of cake. To me it is abnormally perplexing and confusing.

Example 2: Suppose there are 30 computer systems in a lab. This computer lab is to be prepared for a class test of computer science students. Some are damaged beyond repair. Some systems have perfect CPU but partially damaged keyboard or mouse. A decision has to be taken whether those systemsís keyboard/mouse is to be exchanged with the keyboard/mouse of irreparable systems or if the damage is minor. Some systems have small issues with CPU but are manageable even without repair. Some CPUs should be necessarily repaired in order to use them. Some donít have CD drive and hence external CD drive is to be used to install software on them. Some have inbuilt CD drive but since their USB ports are not working, the CDs have to be first removed from the portable external CD drive and then inserted in the systemís inbuilt CD drive.

Now the task is to make ready as many systems as possible for the class test and give a detailed account of how many are working, how many are not working, what are the issues of defective systems etc.

Of course, such complexity would be confusing to even normal people. But other employees go about it easily. To me it is abnormally perplexing and confusing. The lab of 30 systems seems like a lab of billions of systems with a great variety of defects in them, each requiring different corrective actions.

Symptom 3:

Staggering slowness:
I do things very slowly. Be it any task. Be it washing clothes at home, be it packing, be it assembling desktops, be it data entry tasks, be it clerical tasks and so on. What others do in 15 minutes, I do it in 2 hours.

As a result, I have to surreptitiously enter the lab after working hours like a thief and stay till late at night in order to complete the job. I also have to spend my holidays secretly working in college. At such times I would be in fear of boss or his boss showing up at the college.

Overall effects of this neurological / neuropsychiatric disorder:

My boss and colleagues tolerate me. Practically speaking, they do my work and I simply collect salary. I get scolded a lot but still I am tolerated because they are kind. My boss and his boss have not fired me for many many years because they are considerate of the fact that it is difficult to get another job. Nowhere else in the world is such a useless employee tolerated so much. The degree of tolerance, the globally unique position I am in - you have to see it to believe it.

They scold me like hell. If you had been in my place, you may have beaten them up. They scold me but they don't fire me. That's kindness.
You have jock itch.

As a home remedy, I recommend applying turmeric, cinnamon, honey and crushed garlic cloves in affected areas for a month. You will be fine.
Old July 29th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have dyslexia. You may fare better if you take up drawing. This has been proven in one movie.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old July 30th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to be educated beyond your intelligence, and, as a result, have now got a job that's actually way beyond your abilities.
Are you one of those reservations and quotas incumbents?
There are thousands of Government employees in our India who experience a fairly similar predicament.
Maybe your boss endures you because he fears that he might loose his job and also go to jail under the atrocity act .............
Old July 30th, 2018, 08:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

This could be your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
United Nations Organisation should ban coconut trees in residential areas all over the world. An international law should be enacted making it illegal to allow growing of coconut trees in residential areas. They may grow it in forests far from habitation. That too under strict forest authority surveillance. But not in any place where people will go without protection.

Coconuts fall from trees unexpectedly, suddenly and abruptly. It can cause serious and even fatal accidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Now we kn-ow what happened to you
Old July 30th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
You seem to be educated beyond your intelligence, and, as a result, have now got a job that's actually way beyond your abilities.
Are you one of those reservations and quotas incumbents?
There are thousands of Government employees in our India who experience a fairly similar predicament.
Maybe your boss endures you because he fears that he might loose his job and also go to jail under the atrocity act .............
So not just solving this mystery but also comprehending this valid complaint is a challenge.
Old July 30th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: A Challenging Medical Puzzle

I tried reading first few lines but gave up.. What is the title of the thread and what has computer related stuff got to do with it?

If you are an old id, and I am sure you are, then please don't write crap for the sake of writing. No one gets an award or reward for littering here.
Old July 30th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Symptoms are mere indicators.
The real problem is "the cause".
Old July 30th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I tried reading first few lines but gave up.. What is the title of the thread and what has computer related stuff got to do with it?

If you are an old id, and I am sure you are, then please don't write crap for the sake of writing. No one gets an award or reward for littering here.
It's a neurological condition which is hard to diagnose because it may be an undiscovered disease. And this condition interferes with performance at job.
Old July 30th, 2018, 02:13 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He (or maybe she) is just saying he is a chronic freeloader unable to think and wants to know the cause for it. My hypothesis is that it is due to the coconut falling on him.
Old July 31st, 2018, 08:39 PM
Banned

There are shortcomings on the part of doctors and questions have arisen about the authority which runs the system of medical care, whom the doctors are answerable to and also about the fraternity of doctors.

How doctors are trained and what are they instructed to do in certain situations...
Old July 31st, 2018, 08:50 PM

^^
So, you blame your shoddy performance on your job on the doctors not doing their job properly.
There is no medical puzzle to explain incompetence.
It is more on wrong choices. You should have joined JNU and you would have performed brilliantly as a sidekick of Arundhati Roy.
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:21 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

Typical attitude of the mediocre.
Blame others for their mediocrity.
And then they use this blame technology to demand special reservations, quotas, concessions, grants etc.. to correct the INJUSTICE that they have been subjected to!
Old August 2nd, 2018, 02:36 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

< In Joey Tribiani Style > But hey , we get to litter on him ...... <wink>
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.