eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Alert pizza guy rescues rape victim

Alert pizza guy rescues rape victim
1 Jun 2009, 0032 hrs IST, AP

GATLINBURG: Chris Turner normally wouldn’t drive into the remote Tennessee mountains to deliver a pizza. The one time he did, he came upon a scene that drained the colour from his face and made him “numb from head to toe” — a woman with her hands tied, silently begging him to call 911.

It was no joke, and Turner, 32, rushed to a nearby house and made the call. Police say the woman was jogging in her Atlanta neighbourhood when she was whisked away by a man who frequented her business. Authorities say he drove her off, raped her and held her captive inside a cabin.

The 24-year-old woman was rescued by Sevier County deputies on Tuesday evening because of Turner’s quick thinking.

Turner said on Friday that he noticed the woman pop up from a couch while the suspect signed the credit card slip.

“While I was standing in the door all you could see was the back of the couch,” Turner said. “And then she popped over the back of the couch and showed me that her hands were bound. And she was just mouthing, ‘Please call 911.’” Turner at first thought it was a joke. “When I realized what was going on, I went numb from head to toe and turned pale white,” he said.

Turner tried to look calm. “Have a nice day. Enjoy your food,” he told the suspect, who tipped him $5 on a $37.69 bill. Then he rushed back to his van, where his wife, Nease, was waiting behind the wheel.
“Go, go, go!” he told her.

The cabin location was out of cell phone range. So they drove to a nearby house and called police. They waited to make sure the suspect didn’t flee. Then Turner stayed to see the man arrested and the victim taken away in an ambulance. “I wanted to make sure she was OK,” he said.

The woman told authorities she was jogging near her home about 11:50am on Tuesday when a frequent customer at a restaurant and bar owned by the woman and her husband asked her to see his new car. She got into the vehicle, which turned out to be a rental, and was immediately tied up.

She told police the suspect drove her more than 200 miles to the cabin and raped her.

LINK
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alert pizza guy rescues rape victim

How hard it is to get in to mind(if only he had one) that if a particular person is not interested, one should let go!
Why leave an emotional scar on someone for the rest of their lives....
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:28 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
How hard it is to get in to mind(if only he had one) that if a particular person is not interested, one should let go!
Why leave an emotional scar on someone for the rest of their lives....
considering how @ssholes (both men and women) in workplace here go after men/women even though they are married (or made it clear that they are in relationship/not interested), I dont blame these people. These people must be having some reason for their motivated approach. You never know that a rape atempt might prove to be a exhillarating 'sex experince' for single/married women and they start loving their rapist. I think this is what 1% of rapists think! Rest 99% are just animals and diseased

anyways, good presence of mind on part of 'pizza delivery guy'...angel in disguise afa victim is concerned.

and I always wondered why my 'pizza hut' deliver boy always tries to peep into my flat whem I am busy taking delivery or counting money/change)
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

How un-safe the times have become. A trusted customer had done this to her.
Makes me think....many a time I left the door open to get the exact change from inside for the pizza. I should remember that I don't leave the door open when a stranger is waiting outside....
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
considering how @ssholes (both men and women) in workplace here go after men/women even though they are married (or made it clear that they are in relationship/not interested), I dont blame these people. These people must be having some reason for their motivated approach. You never know that a rape atempt might prove to be a exhillarating 'sex experince' for single/married women and they start loving their rapist. I think this is what 1% of rapists think! Rest 99% are just animals and diseased

anyways, good presence of mind on part of 'pizza delivery guy'...angel in disguise afa victim is concerned.

and I always wondered why my 'pizza hut' deliver boy always tries to peep into my flat whem I am busy taking delivery or counting money/change)
you say both men and women. i think men do it more than women do.all rapes are done by men.

though being a man it will be difficult for you to admit it.
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:57 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
How un-safe the times have become. A trusted customer had done this to her.
Makes me think....many a time I left the door open to get the exact change from inside for the pizza. I should remember that I don't leave the door open when a stranger is waiting outside....
Following these instructions are more than enough to keep you safe:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/cr...shtml#yourself

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
Following these instructions are more than enough to keep you safe:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/cr...shtml#yourself

Thanks for the link Ramesh. Bad things happen when you least expect it. I never thought twice before leaving the door open...come to think of it, how stupid (and lucky) I had been.
Better to be paranoid (and prepared) than be sorry later....no matter how safe the neighborhood is.