eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old December 31st, 2001, 12:57 AM
Junior eCharchan

Citizen is on a distinguished road
Teesta Setalvad is an apologist of Islamic fundamentalism. Her writings are full of hate. Wait a while yet before she comes up with more "educational" material claiming that Aurangzeb was the greatest secularist since the Mohammed of Ghazni.

Shiv Sena is fools to have found objection with Setalvad's claims of Shivaji's caste. In fact, if he was from a "lower" caste as is claimed, then it only goes to show that the caste system is not as inflexible as is made out by Marxist-fundamentalist "historians", whose propaganda forms the staple of pamphleteering by the likes of Setalvad.
Old April 26th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Junior eCharchan

kobra is on a distinguished road
Just for your info:

Marathas are NOT considered upper castes in maharashtra.
Ask anyone.

They come under OBC category. I know some 96k who also apply for obc certificates.

They are basically a farming class ; so you make a guess...
Old April 26th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Junior eCharchan

The high (vedadhikari) castes in maharashtra are:

Kobras, Debras, Karhade brahmins, CKPs and GSBs

Its interesting to note that though shivaji was only
just a maratha, the political party thats started in his name
(shiv sena) , has only ckps and deshastha brahm. at the top.

It is said that shiv sena organization is like the hindu caste system in maharashtra; the deshashtha brah., sarwaswat , ckp are at the top administration and the foot soldiers or sainiks
are mostly marathas, BC s etc...
Old April 27th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Hunter Wali

Pretty Woman is on a distinguished road
Talking

I think Recker is a convert Shudra himself.

People, its just his pride in his roots, his origins showing.... be kind to him. Give him a benevolent smile, like a parent gives to a child. Humour him, indulge him... give him a lolipop.

ta la la la ra la la la....
Old April 27th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by kobra
The high (vedadhikari) castes in maharashtra are:

Kobras, Debras,
That's a deadly caste. I'd love to be a Cobra in my next birth. I am learning snake style kungfu in this birth.

The only true shudra on this site is eNRI. He was a Kshatriya initially, but then his skills with the jhadoo impressed the hell outta everyone.
Old April 27th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah Shivaji was

Okay Shivaji was a Shudra... happy??

Oh yes Shivaji was still greater than your beloved Babasaheb Ambedkar whose only job so far has been to divide the Indians in the Constitution itself and drive this fanatic resevrations BS till today!

You calling Shivaji wont change his great deeds.. whereas on the other hand we all know how Ambedkar further divided the nation much worse than the HIndu Muslim divide!

Go.. its time for your BUddhist prayer and time for bowing down in front of the Ambedkar photo you have hung in your cubicle! Buzz off!!
Old April 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Junior eCharchan

The marathas and decendants of shivaji should thank Ambedkar because they got to take advantage of the
reservation system too...
Old April 27th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

When they were looking for matrimonials for me
we were accepting only the following castes:

1)Koknastha Brahmin (first preference)
2)Deshashtha, Karhade brah, CKP and saraswat ( second prefernce)
3)Brahmins from karnataka and other places...
(third preference)

My parents had strongly instructed me not to marry any caste
such as maratha , marwadi, etc...

why did they do that in the 21st century ??????????
Old April 27th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
kobra

Maybe you were born in a Brahmin family and hence your parents wanted to have a Brahmin match for you.

I dont care if folks call Marathas as backward but to let you know two fatcs - One theye were not. Two the government does nto recognize them as backward because Marathas were not backward.

Today to take undue advanatage of the reservation system some folks from Maharashtra called Kunbis attach Maratha to get prestige in society and show that they are not backward but also claim reservations.

Anyway, who carres what Ambedkar did. Most folks who have sufffered due to reservations in schools and colleges are surely not running after government jobs

Last edited by echarcha; April 27th, 2002 at 08:15 PM.
Old April 27th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Junior eCharchan

But I know so many marathas who got the obc certificate
and got admission in medical and engineering college...
Old April 27th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Hmm....

Quote:
Originally posted by kobra
But I know so many marathas who got the obc certificate
and got admission in medical and engineering college...
I have seen this happen before.. Many folks have claimed backward status to get a 'fair' chance at college education as getting even 95% and above marks does not ensure admissions in a good college due to reservations..

Anyway.. this topic has been dsicussed under different threads - reservations, Dalits, reservation system ,et-al.... its old hat now.. Does nto matter whether they give 100% reservations or not, those who have suffered the reservation system know about it and have moved on. its old... yaaawwwwnnn...

kobra you are a new member.. lets see some new topics from you.

And if you are still looking for a match do check out my other site www.nrimilan.com

And how is weather in San Diego otherwise
Old April 27th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Junior eCharchan

Weather is good.Thanks!

Looks like you were interested in doing traceroute.org from my IP address. You could have just asked me ...I have nothing to hide...

Thanks for the site...

Anyways I just get very upset because of the reservation system...Because some of my family members have
lost a lot because of that......
Old April 27th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Re: kobra

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
Maybe you were born in a Brahmin family and hence your parents wanted to have a Brahmin match for you.

I dont care if folks call Marathas as backward but to let you know two fatcs - One theye were not. Two the government does nto recognize them as backward because Marathas were not backward.

Today to take undue advanatage of the reservation system some folks from Maharashtra called Kunbis attach Maratha to get prestige in society and show that they are not backward but also claim reservations.

Anyway, who carres what Ambedkar did. Most folks who have sufffered due to reservations in schools and colleges are surely not running after government jobs
Ticchya maila.. kiti yela sangitla tari log aaikatach nahi...
Ive just finished with these guys man..just not willing to listen
I repeat my quote here again.....and will do so again and again
"updesho hi murkhanam prakopaay na shantaye
dugdh paanam bhujangaanam kevalam vishawardhanam"

I just duuno where kobra has got this from.... man ... these 96k marathas DO NOT HAVE RESERVATIONS... If you do not belive me..
well .. mr sutradhar is a maratha actually...he knows better.....
and you can check out with someone in the goverment service..

My point is the right thing should be known.. .. i am NOT a maratha .....and there is no reason for me to prove that they are
high caste or low caste or anything..... Chatrapati Shivajiraje Bhonsle was not a shudra..... he was a kshtriya ..albeit of the lower ranks.... if you still disagree with this..then i suggest you go over to some local book store... ask for books by G.S SARDESAI [SARASWAT] ANd Jadunath Sarkar[most probalby a brahmin]
....these two are eminent well respected historians

I have had my say.... explained things earlier....and have nothing more to say to anyone who disagrees... live in the darkness if you really wish to
Old April 28th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Junior eCharchan

rakhwala, are u a maratha?

kindly mind your language.... there are cultured
people here you know....
...everyone is not like you....

I dont have anything against Shivaji Maharaj...

In fact, he is great because he rose to such high position even though he came from a farming class ......

Anyway, the marathas come under OBCS and I will not believe what you say because I have PERSONALLY seen this.

Perhaps 10 years back they were not obcs . But 4-6 years back new castes were included in obcs ( for example jats from bihar)
and the 96 k marathas are one of them....
I bet my life on this fact.... Chirag if you dont believe me
go to an engineering/medical college in your vicinity and ask the
principal there....

Lot of higher castes also support shivaji... so they respect him...
for example as i said before shiv sena's top administration is
deshastha brah, saraswats, ckps etc.... (all high castes)

Again, I respect shivaji.... BUT that does change facts about his caste.....

..i am bored of this topic now and will not make further comments... especially because the people i am arguing with are uncultured and use bad language....

good bye to all!
Old April 28th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

I agree that rakhwala should

not use such vile language. rakhwala can you puke elsewhere?

kobra... Today the caste issue is such a big thing politically. Every leader from a particualr community wishes to show that he/she is great and one of the ways is to ask for sops from the government for their caste and community.

I wont be surprised if tomorrow some leaders from Brahmin community ask for special reservations.

By asking for reservations one does not become a backward or forward but its all for vote bank!

I dont hate the real suffering backward class people as deemed by the Givt. I hate the stupid Ambedkar followers who always project a picture of persecution and victim mentality at allo ocassions. While these leaders further distance themselves from the mainstream the real oppressed people get oppressed further.

If you look at history and read it carefully you will realise that Shivaji gathered the 96 Maratha families mainly from Pune down to Kolhapur including Satara and Sangli. Each of these Maratha sardars and patils were running their own small kingdoms. Maharaj united them and brought them under one common cause. I am a Maratha and I know that we were never backward. But today if someone says Marathas were backward and are included in the list of govt. reservation list then so be it. Its all for votes and politics.

Infact Maharaj included a lot of backwards also like Kunbis, Malis and others and gave them a equal rank with other forward castes. During those times caste was a big issue but Maharaj knew how to unite the people and fight the Moghul oppression.

So there is no point in changing or interpreting history in a different way today.

Anyways, you seem to be an educated person and I hope caste does not make a difference to you. I mean I am a Maratha and I run this site, so I hope you wont feel offended or below your dignity to log on to eCharcha