eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 24th, 2015, 12:29 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Couldn't get to House of Cards.. will see if I can this weekend.
Old March 1st, 2015, 07:30 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Watched Siddharth the other day. A beautiful story about a lower middle class family. The son, Siddharth, goes missing and his parents struggle to find him with the limited resources (money) they have. Made me appreciate my life a little more

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2932606/
Saw it a while back. It was too slow for my liking. In fact looked like a 'western conspiracy to show India in bad light'
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
......for another movie 'Siddharth'. Saw first 20 minutes and the last 15 minutes and realized hardly anything had moved in the middle hour and half. Looks like a revival of 80s art movies.
There are a few old time classics in 'Amazon Prime'- "Lawrence of Arabia", "Guns of Navarone" and "It happened one night".
And like Netflix has YRF and UTV movies. Amazon Prime has Subhash Ghai and Rajshri Productions movies. Finished 'Karz' a while back and now on "Pardes". Dont like it at all, but since i started it, want to finish it. So, catching up slowly on it.
Old March 1st, 2015, 04:09 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw it a while back. It was too slow for my liking. In fact looked like a 'western conspiracy to show India in bad light'
I too watched it long time back.. Didn't like the movie, who sends kid to another town without any info. May be its just me, but I haven't met poor people who are that dumb.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I had been watching a few episodes of Psych. Its very entertaining, hilarious at times.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Naked Gun too. Has some ROFL and my kind of sarcastic scenes in it. This starts with Gaddafi, Khomeini, Arafat and Idi Amin plotting a terror attack on US, to be dissuaded by Gorbachev claiming that he is more popular in the US than the US president. (Mind you, it was made in 88).

Going to check on the other too in the series (Naked Gun 2 and Naked Gun 33 1/2).

Actually was searching for Naked Gun 33 1/2 Which stars Anna Nicole Smith. But thought to Start with first of the series.

Now, one entry in the end credits caught my attention. There is a Kallu character with a Jewish Name in a minor role. Turns out he was played by OJ Simpson.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:33 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw Naked Gun too. Has some ROFL and my kind of sarcastic scenes in it. This starts with Gaddafi, Khomeini, Arafat and Idi Amin plotting a terror attack on US, to be dissuaded by Gorbachev claiming that he is more popular in the US than the US president. (Mind you, it was made in 88).

Going to check on the other too in the series (Naked Gun 2 and Naked Gun 33 1/2).

Actually was searching for Naked Gun 33 1/2 Which stars Anna Nicole Smith. But thought to Start with first of the series.

Now, one entry in the end credits caught my attention. There is a Kallu character with a Jewish Name in a minor role. Turns out he was played by OJ Simpson.
I loved the Naked Guns series. Leslie Nelson was hilarious.

I'm guessing you have seen Airplane. If not, it's a must-watch.

I started watching House of Cards - Season 3.

Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I'm guessing you have seen Airplane. If not, it's a must-watch.
Will catch it subject to the 'window' i get.
The other competitors for screen time are 'Zig and Sharko', 'Regular Show', 'Adventure time', MEK (Gult KBC hosted by Nagarjuna) plus 4 odd Gult Serials.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:44 PM

Re: Netflix / Amazon Prime movies worth watching

Finally finished Pardes yesterday. Now, the last 40 minutes out of 3 hours and 8 minutes is where the story actually happens. There is an forward looking scene of Mahima Chaudhary bashing her fiance who tries to rape her and walking out of the engagement.
Then we have monologues of who is right and why with expectedly a good Amrish Puri accepting Hakla's relationship with Mahima.
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel over the weekend. It was well made, funny movie. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Finally saw "Kaaypo chhe" last night.

Good movie.
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Finally saw "Kaaypo chhe" last night.

Good movie.
Saw it couple of months back. Did not like it much. Dime a dozen, such movies... interesting to watch but the ending sort of disappoints you.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:37 PM

Didn't like the kaiko fillum banaya chhe movie very much.. Not so easy to achieve results in a fast manner.

Watched couple movies on the weekend..

Bhopal A prayer for rain .. Well made movie, recaps and shows all aspects of the accident. My family was in Indore not too far away from Bhopal so have heard a lot of stories growing up.. Sent shivers down my spine .. The BS that happened and how easily people got away. I'd need a separate thread to talk my stories about Bhopal Gas tragedy

Rules of engagement.. Military court room drama with some action.. I think loosely based on real events. Makes one think about a person v/s reputation of nation .. Should the country take down one of their own to solve imminent image issues? Tough one .. Means versus goal.
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Didn't like the kaiko fillum banaya chhe movie very much.. Not so easy to achieve results in a fast manner.

Watched couple movies on the weekend..

Bhopal A prayer for rain .. Well made movie, recaps and shows all aspects of the accident. My family was in Indore not too far away from Bhopal so have heard a lot of stories growing up.. Sent shivers down my spine .. The BS that happened and how easily people got away. I'd need a separate thread to talk my stories about Bhopal Gas tragedy

Rules of engagement.. Military court room drama with some action.. I think loosely based on real events. Makes one think about a person v/s reputation of nation .. Should the country take down one of their own to solve imminent image issues? Tough one .. Means versus goal.
I saw KPC for a few minutes long back and left it.
Old March 10th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about the Netflix but last night I saw " John day ",. and enjoyed.

Naseerudin Shah and Randeep Hooda with one foreign actress's small role,..

Movie is interesting and if you like the movies like,.. Baby, Badlapur, A Wednesday, aamir, ,.. kinda movies then this is somewhat close to these sort of movies,,.. ( though,, may not be as good as, " A Wednesday" .. still preferable, very close to, and not a boredom zone )

It has some dark violence, but still keeps you on the edge,... and holds you till end.

You can watch full screen here in Bluray Qlty for free,..
John day Blluray…
http://www.**********/v/18020079ede51

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 10th, 2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old March 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Watched this movie 'gifted hands' few days back about an outstanding African American surgeon. Now this guy Dr. Ben Carson is actively considering running for President on Republican ticket in 2016.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

While on the drive back from office saw a car with this bumper sticker which reminded me of the movie.