eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

View Poll Results: Are McDonalds Meals Plastic ?
Yes 1 33.33%
No 0 0%
May be 1 33.33%
Dont know 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Question Are McDonald's meals plastic ?

6 months later, McDonald's happy meal 'turns into plastic'
London, Oct 12 (ANI): Manhattan artist Sally Davies bought a McDonalds happy meal six months ago on April 10 of this year, and has photographed it everyday - and six months later, the meal shows almost no signs of decomposing.
Entitled 'The Happy Meal Project', Davies charted the seemingly indestructible fast food meals progress as it refuses to yield to the forces of nature.
"I bought the meal on April 10 of this year and brought it home with the express intention of leaving it out to see how it fared," The Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I chose McDonald's because it was nearest to my house, but the project could have been about any other of the myriad of fast food joints in New York," Davies added.
Within the first two days, the meal stopped emitting any smell, and had not shown any signs of decomposition after two weeks.
"The fries shrivelled slightly as did the burger patty, but the overall appearance of the food did not change as the weeks turned to months," Davies said.
"And now, at six months old, the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it," she added.
Davies, however, is more amused than scared, probably because she is vegan.
When asked if their food was not biodegradable, McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said, "This is nothing more than an outlandish claim and is completely false." (ANI)
http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/2010101...appy-meal.html

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old October 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are McDonald's meals plastic ?

while i am not sure if human beings can digest non-bio-degradable items, these days if it makes my hunger go away and satisfies my taste buds without killing me, it works for me.
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

I once read a report that in acc with european norms McD just qualifies as a food product.... it just fulfils the minimum criteria... I have found dried french fries under my sofa before... but that was not meant to decompose, does it?

Old October 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Junior eCharchan

induz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond repute

Morgan Spurlock's docu:"Super Size Me", would be a good watch, if you have not watched it yet.