eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

View Poll Results: You think Cairns took money to fix matches ?
Yes, he is obviously dirty 2 66.67%
No, he is clean 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a cheat

I am not a cheat. Sir, I am not a cheat !!!!
Chris Cairns is fighting the battle of his life for his honor . The outcome will decide if he is shamed as a cheater or a proud cricketer. What do you guys think ? You think he took money ? If he did then why would he sue Mody ?

Read On.....

The former New Zealand cricket captain Chris Cairns has angrily denied allegations of match-fixing during a libel trial at the high court in London.

Cairns said repeatedly "I am not a cheat" as he was cross-examined by the QC acting for Lalit Modi, the ex-chairman of the Indian Premier League. Cairns is suing Modi over what he described as an "unequivocal allegation" of match-fixing made on Twitter.

The retired international cricketer claims that his achievements have been turned to "dust" by Modi's claim, made on the social network in January 2010. Modi is defending the action on the grounds of justification, maintaining that the charge is true.

Cairns repeatedly denied various allegations put to him by Ronald Thwaites QC, for Modi, under hours of questioning on the second day of the judge-only trial in London. The court heard that Cairns denied to directors of the Indian Cricket League in October 2008 that he was involved in match fixing.

"It was dressed as my name along with others I refuted it and we moved on," Cairns said. "My answer is, I am not a cheat. Sir, I am not a cheat."

Cairns was paid $1m (640,000) as captain of the Chandigarh Lions in three competitions in the now-defunct Indian Cricket League (ICL) between 2007 and 2008, the court was told. Modi's allegation of match fixing relates to the second and third of these competitions, between March and April 2008 and October and November 2008.

Thwaites, counsel for Modi, told the court that Cairns received two cash payments of $100,000 into his Dubai bank account shortly before the third edition of the ICL in late 2008. Cairns denied any imputation of wrongdoing, saying: "You [Thwaites] are deeming it as the first payment before a major tournament I am deeming it as the first instalment of future occupation."

The all-rounder, who retired from Test cricket in 2004 after winning 62 caps, was suspended from the ICL in October 2008 along with his Candigarh Lions team-mate, Dinesh Mongia. Rumours of alleged match fixing circulated in the Indian media following the suspensions, the court was told.

Asked by Thwaites why Cairns did not ask the ICL to state in his notice of dismissal that he was not suspected of cricket corruption, the player said he took legal advice and "the tactic was not to inflame the situation".

Cairns said he asked his London-based lawyer to "shut down" the rumours. "I said to him, fix it. Sort it out. Shut it down." Cairns denies any involvement in match fixing.

Modi watched Tuesday's proceedings from the back of the court. He was suspended from his role as IPL commissioner in April 2010 over separate claims. The hearing continues.
Old March 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am not a cheat

Make him go thru the "Satch ka Saamana" !!
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares. His wife is hot ..

Can we have a separate poll for "Hot or Not"
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

i have always been a huge fan of cairns..99 CWC really inspired me and made me focus more on bowling.I even changed my bowling action to cairns..while 90% of my team idolised tendulkar,dravid,ganguly,klusener , cairns was my mentor..i hope he comes out clean..
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Who cares. His wife is hot ..

Can we have a separate poll for "Hot or Not"

really ...what part is hot

arms, boobs, eyes, chin, cheeks, lips or nose

Hot ...... really
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
really ...what part is hot

arms, boobs, eyes, chin, cheeks, lips or nose

Hot ...... really
Skin ....... Gori ........Skin. Thats the reason Sonia Gandhi is hot too.......
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I will be very surprised if he is found guilty.He always seemed to enjoy his cricket.IMO,he won't stoop to such low level.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Skin ....... Gori ........Skin. Thats the reason Sonia Gandhi is hot too.......
hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I will be very surprised if he is found guilty.He always seemed to enjoy his cricket.IMO,he won't stoop to such low level.
What did you think about Hansie Cronje. I thgt he was the best captain in the world. But now the whole world knows what he did.
In today's world, one never know who is fair and who is not.

Old March 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
...But now the whole world knows what he did....
He did not by himself... the devil made him do.

The rest of us deserve less.