eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old October 23rd, 2002, 07:44 AM
eCharchan

desinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these parts
Is the US losing it's technical advantage?

Both BusinessWeek and Fortune have articles this week on the Chinese march to take over the Hi Tech Industry. I'll post the links later. BW has a long article on the chinese creating a whole new education system primed to pump out hundreds of thousands of engineers a year by setting up software and hardware traning centers. Looks like bioengineering and semi conductor design will be their's soon. Or is this all hype? How do you think India stands up agains China, i.e. we think the software development is better in India and also service outsourcing is better in India. Fortune looks at the Chinese setting up appliance factories in the US to gain market share and make better products.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 08:17 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
i think the world has known for some time that china is a sleeping giant. it is now waking up and when fully awake will be in a position to overtake anyone.

india can be the same if only it had a bit more discipline.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
I really have a great respect for the Chinese. Apart from the fact that I just love Dimsums (thanks to my girlfriend who introduced me to these slimy looking delicacies), China is a country which slowly but surely converting it's biggest produce - the huge population - to an asset and not a liability. Currently, there are no competitiors to China when it comes to manufacturing. Plus, chinkoos have good brains. It won't be a big surprise if they start leading in the hi-tech industry as well.

India too is similar to China in so many ways. I hope we too start using the big mass of our population to gain momentum, rather than sink to the bottom.

But all said and done, US will stilll be ahead of everyone else, cos they lead the world in manufacture of the baap of all products - WEAPONS.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 09:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
China is coming up real fast.
Better than Indians.
Sale indians always make sotware for goras.
Never make their own products.

Chinese have made a product that competes with Microsofts Outlook & Otlook Express and works even better and Faster.
and that is Foxmail.

I use it and is GReaaaat!!

Old October 23rd, 2002, 09:49 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
I just love Dimsums (thanks to my girlfriend who introduced me to these slimy looking delicacies
Slimy lookin, hmmmmmmm, the one who introduced me to those delicacies wasnt chinko, but even thou it wasnt that bad

Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:42 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Lets look at CHina and India

Both has huge populations.

China uses its population to dominate manufacturing items from absolute low tech to high tech

India has great labour unions and medieval labour laws and we make jack squat in the world market

China has Communism with human rights abuses and total power to dictate what their citizens should do.

India has democracy which enables corrupt politicians few to committ human rights abuses and fool the citizens and cheat the nation.

Chinese do not speak English or learn English since kindergarten but manage to do global business

Indians - select firtunate few - get to learn English since kindergarten. These select few do well in international arena.

The very few who are fortunate and have worked hard to get high techeducation run the tech industry earning India name and recognition and foreign exchange

China is overcoming their language barrier and making great strides to take over international tech field.

China realises they are developing in all fields like manifacturing and so dont care too much about environmental issues and other green nonsense.

India is always into environmental activism and still produces jack squat.

China exports milk cartons to India! while Indian milk industry has only one successful story - Amul Dairy

Well.. you get the drift...
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Wannabe Mogambo

kameena is on a distinguished road
One ominous advantage US has and will continue to enjoy in the future is their ability to attract the best talent from all over the world thanks to their generous (well compared to other developed countries) immigration policies and their universities.

This borrowed brains is one big factor in the scientific prowress of US today.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:57 AM
eCharchan

desinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these parts
Angry

Had chinese for lunch today, at least they don't beat us at food!!
No flavor and greasy, thai and desi khana are 100x better. Goras in my office love the stuff and the chibas don't eat anything besides their own food.
Old October 27th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Banned

kela is on a distinguished road
China will never bet ahead

Bhai logon, China is the low labor cost factory for the US just like Mexico, Hondurus, Bangladesh, Lanka etc. Like, India is also a low cost source for software developers.

I have heard that in China people make 1/10th of what they would make in USA doing the same job. So, obviously USA companies want to save money by sending manufacturing jobs to Asia. Someday, if China becomes advanced and wages go up, they will lose that cost advantage and several other countries Including Russia will fight for american business. This may end some day but not untill Ethiopia has also become developed - so not in the next 100 years.
Old October 27th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Banned

kela is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
I just love Dimsums (thanks to my girlfriend who introduced me to these slimy looking delicacies

abe to kayekoo apni girl friend ki shaan maar rahe hai yahan pe?