eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 26th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
US Holidays and long weekend travel - Why we dont have have such pleasure travel?

In the USA, long weekends have always been about long drives to distant places for vacations.

Those of you who have been here for sometime must have surely gone to Niagra Falls or Vegas ro Los Angeles or some such toruist destination during long weekend holidays. Many travel by car and many by flight.

Now India has many holidays and many long weekends. But I never saw so much vacation travel in India, not even by bus or train (as cars and planes are not affordable to most Indians barring the few in metroes)

If you were in India, what would prevent you from taking such short vacations like here? Lets assume you are a hot shot software guru making a good salary in India.

And also assume if you are a average joe in India. Then what would prevent you from going for short vacations?
Old November 26th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
For me these were the reason. Well rashon ka line.. Holiday ka pujaa and elaborate traditional customs.. and to top it off.. railways me saala reservation ka problem and roads are too tedious to make driving trips exceptionally tiresome.
Old November 26th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: US Holidays and long weekend travel - Why we dont have have such pleasure travel?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
Then what would prevent you from going for short vacations?
Few one from me :

There we have to think about whole family to carry with us (for those who have big family), otherwise we end up hurting someone feeling.

Travelling still treated as Thirthyatra, one needs to have reason for that, ya to kisi ki asthiyan bahane jaana he ya fir paap dhone.

Hey its nice to hear you are going to Bangalore for vacation, but I heard that Nagpur is having communal riots and they are throwing stones on Trains too

I always wonder, can we get direction like US in India, if I want to drive from delhi to Madras, except those Panwallahs on national hightways.

Travelling is cheaper and fun in US, you need not to even plan if you are driving from San Jose to Las vegas, but in India same distance you have to plan for one month in advance (though India is having thosends time more nice and attractive places to see)

We do have a heavy budgeted Tourism ministry, what they do, they send their relatives in "Palace on Wheel" or maximum organize a yearly mango festival in Delhi
Old November 26th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
well for beginning, I don't remember any long weekends in India ----- 5-1/2 working days normally.

The only time is Diwali or the summer vacation in school when there is long chooottii.....and you should see the number of people travelling during those times.......
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.